DL Early Closure on June 2nd

It was bought out for a private event. I think it’s connected to a convention? There’s discussion about it on some other threads, but I don’t recall which ones.

Not rented out. Disney is actually hosting the private party for the Travel Industry tradeshow at the anaheim convention center.

I got to go to the DisneyWorld party when the convention was in Orlando a few years ago and Disney goes all out for them. It was an impressive party.

Knots is also hosting a night for the convention and there is a beach party in Huntington Beach another night. The destinations basically try and out do each other

Last edited:
Not rented out. Disney is actually hosting the private party for the Travel Industry tradeshow at the anaheim convention center.

That's correct. My sister works in travel and is attending the party.

I was shocked when she said they would probably have to close all of Disneyland for the evening when that's Galaxy Edge opening weekend. But she said when Disney World hosted, they shut down Magic Kingdom.

I'm still amazed they would do this on opening weekend.

The convention is the movers and shakers in the Travel Industry, not just Joe Schmoe attendees. They are the influencers and bloggers...so it is not just random access for attendees...for Disney it will be a massive international media preview for which they will get A great ROI back from the Travel Industry

The convention is the movers and shakers in the Travel Industry, not just Joe Schmoe attendees. They are the influencers and bloggers...so it is not just random access for attendees...for Disney it will be a massive international media preview for which they will get A great ROI back from the Travel Industry
I get that. But they should have held it right before grand opening then. It just doesn't make sense to do it days after opening, with all those other guests in town for the event.

I get that. But they should have held it right before grand opening then. It just doesn't make sense to do it days after opening, with all those other guests in town for the event.

I agree. My sister and I had a bit of a heated discussion about it. Lol. But she explained that this is the biggest travel convention in the US. She said that Disney is hosting it this year, but they aren't in charge of it. They don't choose the dates. I still think that given the circumstances, it should have been planned better (have the convention the weekend before). I mean, this is without a doubt, the most anticipated and desired weekend for DL since opening weekend decades ago.

I agree. My sister and I had a bit of a heated discussion about it. Lol. But she explained that this is the biggest travel convention in the US. She said that Disney is hosting it this year, but they aren't in charge of it. They don't choose the dates. I still think that given the circumstances, it should have been planned better (have the convention the weekend before). I mean, this is without a doubt, the most anticipated and desired weekend for DL since opening weekend decades ago.
I am sure the convention predates them having a firm date for SWGE opening weekend. A number of people have reported that opening day was “fluid” until just before they announced it - which makes sense for a number of reasons.

But doesn't it make sense that they'd use the opportunity to show the travel industry leaders Galaxy's Edge during that time? It *is* during the soft opening.

I mean, this is without a doubt, the most anticipated and desired weekend for DL since opening weekend decades ago.

How could it be when the only people that can get into SWGE during that time are the ones with reservations?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!