DL and MyDisneyExperience

LadyLuck24

Mouseketeer
I’ve never been to DL and am thinking about surprising my husband for his 40th birthday this year. The trouble is, we’re traveling to WDW in August, so he’ll be all over the MyDisneyExperience app. My questions:
- Do DL plans appear in MDE?
- if I want to not purchase park tickets so that he doesn’t see them in MDE (assuming the plans DO appear in mde), can I wait til the last minute? Do they ever sell out? (Seriously, I know nothing about Disneyland)
- any tips on transportation from the various airports near DL? I’ve found some good deals to Long Beach and Burbank, but not LAX or SNA which I have heard have shuttles.
Thanks!

I’ve never been to DL and am thinking about surprising my husband for his 40th birthday this year. The trouble is, we’re traveling to WDW in August, so he’ll be all over the MyDisneyExperience app. My questions:
- if I want to not purchase park tickets so that he doesn’t see them in MDE (assuming the plans DO appear in mde), can I wait til the last minute? Do they ever sell out? (Seriously, I know nothing about Disneyland)
- any tips on transportation from the various airports near DL? I’ve found some good deals to Long Beach and Burbank, but not LAX or SNA which I have heard have shuttles.
Thanks!

set up a separate account which you can keep secret

buy tickets online in advance from last minute travel club. This year I saved $50 on 3 day 1 park ticket compared to buying direct from Disney.

dining reservations open 60 days in advance

I use supershittle from LAX to Disney / Anaheim.

Disneyland has its own separate website and app. Nothing from Disneyland should appear on the MDE app. I have trips to both planned, and I just checked my WDW MDE to be sure and I see noting about DL there--- I have to go to the DL app to see my plans there.

We prefer to fly in and out of SNA. It is smaller than LAX and very easy to get around. It is just a 15 minute drive from DLR. We typically spend the 2nd 1/2 of our trip in the San Diego area so we typically rent a car. I know there are options from SNA.

As far as I know, the MDE app is for WDW only. I have a couple of dining reservations planned for DLR and when I checked "My Plans" in MDE, they did not show up. DLR has its own app for making dining reservations and buying tickets. I would down the official Disneyland app and make an account (I believe the accounts are separate - i.e., the WDW account and DLR account are not connected for the most part).

In terms of waiting...DLR's regular tickets do not sell out (there are days when the may suspend sales (i.e., the park is at some stage of capacity - much like WDW does), but that only happens once in a great while and they don't suspend sales in advance). Special event tickets do sell out in advance, but you'll be there before MHP starts.

I've used SuperShuttle from LAX to DLR. It's fine, but a bit time consuming (i.e., double the drive time to account for other pick-ups and drop-offs). Otherwise, I've used Lyft from SNA and that's went fine (faster because no other pick-ups/drop-offs and its closer). I've not gone from Burbank to DLR, but Burbank is another smaller airport (closer to SNA), which is easy to navigate. My order of preference would probably be SNA, Burbank, then LAX (just because LAX is huge and not that easy to navigate).

Thanks!
For your flights, LongBeach (LGB) is a great airport to use for DLR if you can't get SNA. Maybe 10 minutes further than SNA.
While Burbank (BUR) is a small easy airport, it's too far from DLR to make it worth it.
I only use BUR if we are going to tie Universal Studios Hollywood at the beginning or end of a trip.

I'd choose LAX over BUR because of the distance to DLR.

Thanks!

Try to avoid LAX if you can. Take either SNA or Long Beach. Burbank is way to far away. You can get airport shuttles that will take you to Anaheim from Long Beach Airport so that is not a big deal.

Wow great info everyone—I really appreciate it! I’m relieved that everything is separate.

Anyone know if Lyft and Uber have options for car seats? I’d rather just take one of those than a shuttle, but will have two kids in tow.

Anyone know if Lyft and Uber have options for car seats? I’d rather just take one of those than a shuttle, but will have two kids in tow.

Unless you take the coach bus Disneyland resort express, out of lax or sna, you’ll need car seats for shuttles.

I think Uber has an option for one car seat.

If either of the kids are backless-booster-eligible, the Bubble Bum inflatable booster is terrific. Weighs a pound.

... Anyone know if Lyft and Uber have options for car seats? I’d rather just take one of those than a shuttle, but will have two kids in tow.

The above suggestion for Bubble Bum travel booster is good. Mifold is another travel booster. Both are on Amazon.com, I think. Also, Lansky Car Service gets good reviews here, and they provide car seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter