DIY Monorail Crawl Suggestions

KathyTbell

Mouseketeer
Someone suggested doing a monorail crawl on another thread. I would love some ideas for how to go about this and get suggestions for which places to go to. Our only must is the California Grill Lounge for a drink (keeping the receipt to be able to see the fireworks later). Not looking to spend $40 + for an entree - but would love to explore some of the restaurants along the monorail. Any suggestions are appreciated!

We started at the Wave Lounge. Then went to an out outdoor bar at the Poly, followed by food and drinks at Trader Sam’s. Last stop was going to be Grand Floridian but we ended up going to HS instead for a RRC fp we picked up. If the CG Lounge is a priority I’d go there when they open. Otherwise it can get crowded.

Don’t forget to take the boat ride to Wilderness Lodge as part of your crawl! We took the boat from MK to WL and it was my first time there. Lots of cool things to see in the lobby and then you can take the boat from WL to the Contempo and get on the monorail from there.

If you’re going to do a QS meal during your crawl, we really liked Gasparilla Island Grill at the GF. I had the fish ruben and it was very good.

Check-in at Trader Sam's before you do anything else at the Poly, there will likely be a wait. But there are other bars you can visit while waiting!

Don’t forget to take the boat ride to Wilderness Lodge as part of your crawl! We took the boat from MK to WL and it was my first time there.

Yeah, the WL has two good places to go too. My favorite lounge on the whole property is actually Territory Lounge just because it is a hidden gem. And love sitting outside at Geyser Point. And the boat to and from gives you a great little respit to get recharged.

We were staying at the Poly so we started at Trader Sam's for drinks right at 4. Then walked over to the bar at Narcoossee's for drinks and an order of Shrimp and Grits. From there we went to Wave for another round. Then hopped the boat over to the Wilderness Lodge and had the Brisket Dip and another beverage at Geyser Point. We very happily walked from there to The Territory Lounge for a nice glass of Pinot and some Asian Wings. Took the boat back to the Contemporary and Monorail back to Poly to watch the Fireworks. It was a great night.

Since you want to see the Fireworks at CG you should get there as close to opening as you can so maybe get lined up at Trader Sam's by 3:40 and maybe Uber/Lyft over to the Contemporary around 5 and keep that CG receipt for later in the night.

Have fun!

We started at Trader Sam’s for a drink and a shared app. Then walked over to Mizner’s at GF for another drink, app, and to enjoy the orchestra. Finished at California Grill for dinner. Our fave night spent at WDW to date!

Some good suggestions, but I believe OP wants to end with fireworks back at CG, which means the crawl needs to start there when the lounge opens to get the all-important "return ticket."

I would suggest sticking with just monorail resorts for this particular "crawl" rather than having to take a boat to and from WL. You have a window of about 3 hours from CG starters to getting back to CG for fireworks and adding a boat trip might eat up too much time.

Some good suggestions, but I believe OP wants to end with fireworks back at CG, which means the crawl needs to start there when the lounge opens to get the all-important "return ticket."

I would suggest sticking with just monorail resorts for this particular "crawl" rather than having to take a boat to and from WL. You have a window of about 3 hours from CG starters to getting back to CG for fireworks and adding a boat trip might eat up too much time.

If the Op could start the crawl before going to CG at opening they could do either. If it were me, I would hit both Tambu and Mizners before checking into CG for a drink/app then take the boat for the "in between" time. at Wilderness. One thing to remember, is the boats are very dependable on time and sometimes the monorail is not.

If the Op could start the crawl before going to CG at opening they could do either. If it were me, I would hit both Tambu and Mizners before checking into CG for a drink/app then take the boat for the "in between" time. at Wilderness. One thing to remember, is the boats are very dependable on time and sometimes the monorail is not.
I guess it depends on how early you can start "crawling." The key factor is getting to CG at 5:00 to ensure admittance. You're right about monorail dependability!

Regarding Mizner's, it is closing on April 4 for a major remodel. Just something to keep in mind for planning purposes. That's why I suggested Citricos lounge. There will be a temporary substitute for Mizner's on the lobby level, however.

These are all great tips! I think we will do CFG lounge 1st and stick to the monorail for our crawl.
I've put Trader Sam's at the Poly and Geyer Point at WL as options for two other days. They both sound great! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter