DIY Magicband Decorations

momofboys1

Earning My Ears
There must be a thread about decorating magicbands but I cant seem to find one. So I'm going to start one...
I'd like to diy and decorate our my magicbands. Has anyone had luck with temporary tattoos with clear nail polish over it? Or should I purchase a decal from Etsy? For the latter, do you need to apply a clear varnish it to last?

There must be a thread about decorating magicbands but I cant seem to find one. So I'm going to start one...
I'd like to diy and decorate our my magicbands. Has anyone had luck with temporary tattoos with clear nail polish over it? Or should I purchase a decal from Etsy? For the latter, do you need to apply a clear varnish it to last?

There used to be numerous threads about this either in the theme parks or community boards. You can find them if you do a search. (won't be on this board.

Here is a huge one I had book marked from my trip a few years ago.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...ic-bands-please-show-us-the-pictures.3190181/

Has anyone had luck with temporary tattoos with clear nail polish over it? Or should I purchase a decal from Etsy? For the latter, do you need to apply a clear varnish it to last?

I do it every trip. I like to remove and only decorate the puck (then put it back in after decorating) instead of decorating the whole band. I use white nailpolish on the puck - usually 2 coats - helps the design stand out more. Then the temp tattoo. Then 2-3 coats of clear nailpolish. As long as you let it dry well in between coats it works great!

Thanks for the tips. I'm assuming you place the tattoos on the band not over the white puck? I saw someone suggested glow in the dark polish. That would be neat for the mickey head. Ever tried it?

I do it every trip. I like to remove and only decorate the puck (then put it back in after decorating) instead of decorating the whole band. I use white nailpolish on the puck - usually 2 coats - helps the design stand out more. Then the temp tattoo. Then 2-3 coats of clear nailpolish. As long as you let it dry well in between coats it works great!
Sorry. Just re_read this. You put the tattoo on the puck after the white polish..got it!

Thanks for the tips. I'm assuming you place the tattoos on the band not over the white puck? I saw someone suggested glow in the dark polish. That would be neat for the mickey head. Ever tried it?
I've done some embellishments with glow-in-the-dark nail polish (I get mine at Five Below). The kids get a kick out of it - but you have to put quite a bit on for it to show up.

This is such an awesome idea. I’ve always wondered how to customize our magic bands and never thought of this. I don’t want to spend $20 on a cute magic band at Disney, I’d rather make my own. Thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!