DIY Dining Like Disney June Exercise Challenge

Please forgive me for not participating with you this month. I do miss the lovely chatter and encouragement of the group. :)

I dropped in today to share random news: As I missed Epcot's F&G this year (our Beach Club reservations for early May were cancelled by Covid-19), I am excited to say that we have a rare tree growing on our property. Botanists from our local power company pulled up this morning and started scouting ... after cooing over our large stand of Matilija poppy, which are presently in full bloom, they geeked out over our Cypress. They took samples, studied them under a Loupe, verified facts through their classification databases and made an excited announcement: These are Cuyamaca Cypress!

Apparently there are only 4 known stands of these trees. In 2003, the last formal count, there were fewer than 40 trees known to exist. FWIW, I presently have 4 adults on my property and 6 juveniles. The botanist was delighted to see my 'nursery' and gave kind comments regarding the wide variety of native species growing on our property. Whee! It was, indeed, even more exhilarating than combining through the nuggets of wisdom at the F&G show.

Adding 60 minutes for Thursday and Friday -walking, weights, weeds. (120/600)

I'll be making that cheddar cheese soup - it's one of my favorites. And the filet is always a must at F&W.

@ljcrochet, congratulations to your girls! They'll never forget freshman year! And, so sad for your cruise 😞
@piglet1979 , hoping you're better!
@bwvBound - we'll miss you and the horsies! Post in to say hi. So interesting about your trees!

I dropped in today to share random news: As I missed Epcot's F&G this year (our Beach Club reservations for early May were cancelled by Covid-19), I am excited to say that we have a rare tree growing on our property. Botanists from our local power company pulled up this morning and started scouting ... after cooing over our large stand of Matilija poppy, which are presently in full bloom, they geeked out over our Cypress. They took samples, studied them under a Loupe, verified facts through their classification databases and made an excited announcement: These are Cuyamaca Cypress!

Apparently there are only 4 known stands of these trees. In 2003, the last formal count, there were fewer than 40 trees known to exist. FWIW, I presently have 4 adults on my property and 6 juveniles. The botanist was delighted to see my 'nursery' and gave kind comments regarding the wide variety of native species growing on our property. Whee! It was, indeed, even more exhilarating than combining through the nuggets of wisdom at the F&G show.

How super exciting!!

Also, I'm kind of taken aback by the idea that the power company hires botanists. I never thought about that, but I guess it makes sense.

Please forgive me for not participating with you this month. I do miss the lovely chatter and encouragement of the group. :)

That is very exciting! Take good care of those trees. And, I am in love with your poppies. Wish they would grow here.

I hope it’s not too late to join! I just found this thread and I would love to participate.

I’ll start my goal at 450.

So far this month I’ve done:
6/1 - 30 min cardio
6/3 - 45 min yoga
6/5 - 30 min cardio
6/6 - 15 min walk
6/7 - 25 min cardio

Since I haven’t been going to gym during quarantine, I’ve discovered great cardio workouts on Team Body Project’s YouTube channel. Has anyone else ever tried these? The instructor leading these videos is by far the BEST I’ve ever seen. He is motivating and encouraging and makes me look forward to doing an exercise video, something that has never happened for me before!

6/6 - 6/7 zero due to Cristobal :(

Hope the storm passes over quickly!

Since I haven’t been going to gym during quarantine, I’ve discovered great cardio workouts on Team Body Project’s YouTube channel. Has anyone else ever tried these? The instructor leading these videos is by far the BEST I’ve ever seen. He is motivating and encouraging and makes me look forward to doing an exercise video, something that has never happened for me before!

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to take a look. Our gym (city-owned) is saying it's probably not going to open until Labor Day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!