Divas do Seattle - Cancelled

Sorry I haven't had a time to reply yet. Katie just got back from cheer camp yesterday and we are getting our house ready for our exchange student that is coming August 11th. We will probally drive in both mornings.

I can be there for opening if we decide to do that! 9:30 or 10am is fine with me. I think we should plan to have lunch there since that would only give us about 2 hours as it is and we may very well want to spend more time there than that.

Jamie moved to Alaska?!?! Ok...why? Bummer she won't be at the meet, I really enjoyed getting to know her a bit during the scavenger hunt!

What time and where is the friday meet and greet? I don't know if I will be able to do that or not, but wanted to get the info just in case!

I am really looking forward to seeing you all!

SarahMay

Well based on the lack of recent posts here it looks like it will just be me, Patty (and daughter), Sarah (and son), and Tracey (and son). I will be coming with my daughter Lisa and 1-year-old grandson and plan to get there on Friday evening. Between rush hour traffic and Tacoma :crazy2:, I am not sure if we can make it for dinner but if Lisa can get out of school a little early we hope to make it by 7:00. If others are interested in meeting for dinner someone could pick a place and see who can be there. Maybe someplace not too far from the freeway since everyone will be driving in from somewhere.

How about meeting at the aquarium at 9:30 on Saturday, maybe until around 2:00? Then, do we want to stay around the waterfront or go to the Seattle Center? I am not sure what there is to do since I haven't spent much time in the area. Seattle Center seems to have some different options where everyone can do what they want and then we could meet up for dinner. We have decided to go the zoo on Sunday so will probably skip Pike's.

Jamie decided to go to Alaska so that she can get on full-time with TSA. She has been waiting 3 years and there is not much hope for full-time at PDX. She heard there were several places that had full-time available and some of her co-workers went to Anchorage so she decided to join them. It all happened rather quickly, once she decided to go she was on her way within a month. I haven't heard from her since she left so I should send her an e-mail to see how she is doing.

Well based on the lack of recent posts here it looks like it will just be me, Patty (and daughter), Sarah (and son), and Tracey (and son). I will be coming with my daughter Lisa and 1-year-old grandson and plan to get there on Friday evening. Between rush hour traffic and Tacoma :crazy2:, I am not sure if we can make it for dinner but if Lisa can get out of school a little early we hope to make it by 7:00. If others are interested in meeting for dinner someone could pick a place and see who can be there. Maybe someplace not too far from the freeway since everyone will be driving in from somewhere.

How about meeting at the aquarium at 9:30 on Saturday, maybe until around 2:00? Then, do we want to stay around the waterfront or go to the Seattle Center? I am not sure what there is to do since I haven't spent much time in the area. Seattle Center seems to have some different options where everyone can do what they want and then we could meet up for dinner. We have decided to go the zoo on Sunday so will probably skip Pike's.

Jamie decided to go to Alaska so that she can get on full-time with TSA. She has been waiting 3 years and there is not much hope for full-time at PDX. She heard there were several places that had full-time available and some of her co-workers went to Anchorage so she decided to join them. It all happened rather quickly, once she decided to go she was on her way within a month. I haven't heard from her since she left so I should send her an e-mail to see how she is doing.

Hey Ladies! I may still try to come on Friday, probably straight from work, depending on when everyone gets in. McCormick and Scmitts on Lake Union has a great Happy Hour and is easy to find. I will think a bit about other places too. I think the happy hour is kid friendly? It will be fun to see everyone. I invited Molly over, but not sure if she found us. She has a little guy and they live in Tacoma area. It would be fun if they could come up on Saturday.

I may also have our exchange student with us too. We could always do the aquarium Sat am and then go to Pike Place in the afternoon. THe kids would love to watch the flying fish and we definitely need to do the ole curiosity shop by the aquarium. For restaurants in Seattle we could do Cheesecake factory, Beni Hanas, Melting Pot or if we want to meet the first night in Seatac area we could do the Rain Forest Cafe it is right off I-5.

Peek-a-boo!! :teeth:

Just popping in to say hello. I'm so glad to see the planning still going on, even if in smaller numbers. :)
Can't wait to hear how it goes, and see some pics!

Have fun!

I like the idea of Pike Place after the aquarium! We could pick someplace there for dinner. Rainforest Cafe on Friday sounds great too! Sarah and Tracey, what do you think?

I haven't been to Pike Place in years! I could be fine with that. I don't care where we eat as long as we can be together! Anything is fine! 9:30 saturday morning at the aquarium is fine with me.

SarahMay

Just checking in! :hippie:

You guys are still coming, right? I am trying to get a hotel on Priceline so I want to make sure we are still on. Turns out that DH's company picnic is that weekend so it looks like he will be going by himself.

We still have a couple of activities up in the air so any more thoughts?

My son and I are still coming on saturday! I look forward to seeing you again!

SarahMay

It looks like I may only be Saturday too. I might be able to make the zoo on Sunday but it just depends on how things are going with our exchange student.

So if no one is meeting for dinner on Friday I will take it off the schedule, but I think we might try to stop at Rainforest Cafe anyway since I think the grandson would like it. Only 10 more days!

I remember hearing about this last year and then forgot about it: PNW Mouse Meet
I wish I had remembered to check it out for this year so we could have coordinated our meet for this weekend. Maybe next year! I signed up for the newsletter so I won't forget.

So Patty, will you be bringing your exchange student on Saturday? What is his/her name? Should we plan a place for dinner or just wing it?

See you soon!

I have decided to only do Saturday as well in order to save money on the hotel since I am now spending money to go to DL in October and just threw a big expensive party for my son's birthday. I will be coming up on Friday evening with my daughter and grandson and we are planning to do the Aquarium and Pike's on Saturday, then head back after dinner that evening.

One day is better than nothing! What time are we meeting at the aquarium? My exchange student is fasting for Ramadan so I might not do lunch or dinner. He has to wait until after 8pm to eat.

We are shooting for opening at 9:30. Knowing me with my best intentions plus getting a 1-year-old ready, it could be 10 but I will do my best. I guess we are meeting at the entrance unless you have a better spot. I have probably been there before but it would have been 20 years ago as that is the last time we took a family trip there.

I am looking forward to it! I can't believe it is less than a week till I get to see you guys! Woo Hoo! And I haven't been to this aquarium since I was about 10!

SarahMay

Well, long story short is that I will not be coming to Seattle after all. I feel really bad about canceling but, over the past few weeks, several things have come up and I started getting the feeling that I was not supposed to go. I kept trying to make it work but realized that even though I was looking forward to seeing everyone, it was really stressing me out and I wasn't having fun with it any more. So as much as I did not want to flake out on our plans, I have decided not to go and am feeling like it was the right decision for me. Hopefully I will get to see you all again at DLR or maybe we will have another Seattle area meet sometime!

Um...ok. So are we cancelling the meet then or are other people still planning to come?

SarahMay

Hi Sarah!

Well, not sure if this counts, but Nathan and I could still get up and meet you and Ryder and go to the aquarium.

Just let me know. I am also ok with rescheduling as I have not been home for a month!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!