Divas do Seattle - Cancelled

karylrocks

I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....
This is a planning thread for members of the Girls Only trip group (AKA DisBoard Divas) who are interested in a mini-meet in Seattle this summer.

Trip has been cancelled until further notice. Let's try again soon!

Sadly I probably won't make it as much as I love Seattle. But, August is always crazy for me with the start of the school year and pretty much every weekend is already spoken for with retreats and whatnot.

However, given the experiences of the past week on the other thread, my recommendation would be to have each person who wants to attend post ONLY the times that WON'T work for them. Then you can calendar it out to find the weekend that works for the most people.

Well let's just start fresh then and have everyone post the weekends that they CAN'T make it, and how about we start with Memorial weekend and end with Labor Day. I will keep track and then we will see when the most people can make it. Unfortunately I am sure we won't be able to find a time when everyone can be there, but we will do what we can. Don't forget that some are planning to bring their families, so don't let that stop you from coming!

I LOVE the August idea because swim team is over by then and although the girls are in soccer if I come with mom Shane can handle that just fine. All three of the weekends you had mentioned before in August will work for me!

As far as the REST of the summer I can't do prob the first weekend of June cuz my kids don't get out till the 11th. Possibly the 2nd but I don't know how early you wanted to do stuff on Friday and honestly I would like to get up there early on Fri and I hate to miss their last day of school but it is a possibility if nothing else works. Then we are still hoping to possibly go to DL the week of the 21st so the weekends before and after would be out for me and I doubt ANYONE is going to want to go over the 4th of July.

So for me I would be available starting the 2nd weekend of July pretty much through August. The girls start school on the 23rd of August so I would just want to make sure I am around for their first day of school but otherwise most of July and the first 3 weekends of August work for me. :)

Thanks for starting this!

Dates that don't work for me this summer are:

May 28 - June 6th (technically not summer anyway)
July 4th weekend
July 17 - 24th

I think anything else goes.

I have a crazy summer, but will wedge in some time to meet up with everyone no matter when it gets scheduled.

We might be able to make it at anytime, depending on my school and finances. But, I'm hopeful. :thumbsup2

Oh wait, is this for Divas and their families.....or just Divas?

Capri she said families are welcome!! I may or may not bring Shane and the girls. It all depends on when and our finances!

So what are we thinking guys? It still sounds to me like August works best for the majority. Thoughts? I don't know about the rest of you but since I am ALSO trying to pin down dates for the Norcal meet it would be great if we could pin down a date so that I can avoid THESE dates for THAT trip if that makes sense LOL. I figured if we did THIS meet in August then we can do our Norcal one in June or July. But we need to comitt on one of them so we can plan the other.

So what do you all think???

Again for me any of the three weekends Carol had orig mentioned in Aug would work for me so whatever you ladies decide is great. :)

So what are we thinking guys? It still sounds to me like August works best for the majority. Thoughts? I don't know about the rest of you but since I am ALSO trying to pin down dates for the Norcal meet it would be great if we could pin down a date so that I can avoid THESE dates for THAT trip if that makes sense LOL. I figured if we did THIS meet in August then we can do our Norcal one in June or July. But we need to comitt on one of them so we can plan the other.

So what do you all think???

Again for me any of the three weekends Carol had orig mentioned in Aug would work for me so whatever you ladies decide is great. :)

I agree August is best for me! THe only weekend blocked is the first weekend (7th and 8th). I am willing to help with planning since we are ussually in Seattle a couple times a week. Depending on numbers we maybe able to get group rates at the zoo and aquarium. What about doing the ducks? We could break the days down by areas of Seattle. Zoo is more north, Seattle Center and EMP central and Pike and waterfront would need to be a day. Just a few ideas.....

Is August 20-22 too late for anyone? I don't know when school starts for everyone or if that matters, but that weekend would be good for me. The previous weekend looks good for most, but that is my son's 30th birthday and I would like to keep it open. Otherwise we could try for the July 30th weekend.

Is August 20-22 too late for anyone? I don't know when school starts for everyone or if that matters, but that weekend would be good for me. The previous weekend looks good for most, but that is my son's 30th birthday and I would like to keep it open. Otherwise we could try for the July 30th weekend.

The August date works for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter