"Diva" Trip - "Cliff Notes" p.236 OLD THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes yes yes I will be there. I am planning to be there thurs-sunday.

I might tye dye myself a lime green shirt but I might not even make it to the park on thurs just straight to the meet and greet and haven't decide on what to wear for that. Love the 20's, always wanted a cruella devil costume (i am minnie mouse every year), but then I think of the haunted mansion and what kind of costume I can create.
Hi Monica! I'll add you to the list now. :thumbsup2

I cannot wait to see what everyone thinks up to wear to the Meet and Greet. It's going to be great!! Something from the Haunted Mansion would be awesome.

Thanks for the Diva Cliff's Notes mommau4!
It's exciting to see all the planning coming together. Squee! :lovestruc

PS - I don't think my picture is on pg. 1. How do I send that to the Diva in charge? :confused3
You're welcome! I know real life gets busy and it's easy to fall behind so I'll try to do a wrap up like that every now and then.

As for your picture, just post a photo of you that you like, preferably a head and shoulders type of shot, and then I will add you. :thumbsup2
Or if you prefer to email it to me, I can PM you my email address.

By the way, what are your dates? Do you know yet?

I just don't own my Snark yet.
Now there's a tag for ya! lol

Haha, you know what my costume should be for the M&G?

58925684_03121e44ff_o.jpg

(on the right) :rotfl:

So will the teams have the assignment of thinking of names once again? (once the teams are set of course) And will there be a "dress up" or decoration theme to go with it?
Of course! Of course! That is part of the fun!!! :jumping1:
:cool2::magnify::tiptoe::cool2:

Haha, you know what my costume should be for the M&G?

58925684_03121e44ff_o.jpg

(on the right) :rotfl:
LOL Love it. ;)

I was thinking the bride would be fun. Or when you first exit the elevators and there's the row of changing photos, the last one where she turns into a Medusa image with snakes in her hair. That would be cool.

A lot of work though......not sure how I would pull any of those off. I am so not creative. :rolleyes:

Can I request Smarties?? Andrea/DisneyStitch626 who I chat with on the Community Board has sent me some a few times and I loves them.

They are yummy, aren't they?????

Of course! Delicious Canadian Smarties....mmm

It's always good to bring extra Canadian candies (Aero bars are really popular too :thumbsup2). The good thing is it's usually not hot in February, so they travel well!!

Congrats, Laurie :cheer2:

LOL Love it. ;)

I was thinking the bride would be fun. Or when you first exit the elevators and there's the row of changing photos, the last one where she turns into a Medusa image with snakes in her hair. That would be cool.

A lot of work though......not sure how I would pull any of those off. I am so not creative. :rolleyes:

I'm not really that creative either. Then again I did go all-out for a Twilight costume contest and won ... I think I can do it!

Of course! Delicious Canadian Smarties....mmm

Yummy! She spoiled me with them recently - and a can of Coke. So much better than here in the states. I was living like a Queen until I finished them all off ...

Thanx Beth!!! I kept thinking....lurking & looking......I spy with my little eye & also Where's Waldo.....my next guess would have been Where's Mickey? lol
Very clever. Good job. :)

That's awesome Laurie!!! Unfortuneatley, I am 16 and I will be 17 on the 2013 trip so I can't attend. Congratulations to those on the list!!
Aw, your time will come! ::yes::
The teenage years tend to fly by. Enjoy them while they last!

(Geez, do I sound old or what??? lol)

Of course! Of course! That is part of the fun!!! :jumping1:
:cool2::magnify::tiptoe::cool2:
:thumbsup2

Let's see if I can post a photo...
IMG_2599.jpg
That'll do. I'll add you now. :)

And if anyone else is missing their photo on the first page, just post one and I'll add you.

Haha, wouldn't you be so lucky. I'll have brand new fresh material otherwise anyone could go snooping my TR's to study ;)
:thumbsup2

Thanx Michelle!! I put us in the middle group.......sorry.......I guess I could try to "sprint".......lolol
LOL! I was wondering what to tell Michelle.

Thanks for the Diva Cliff's Notes mommau4!
It's exciting to see all the planning coming together. Squee! :lovestruc

I am planning to attend the 2012 DisDiva meetup, and this will be my second trip.
I don't know if my mom will want to come with me again, so I may need to find a roomie this year, or maybe I will have to find someone else to come with me!
How much would it cost to share a room/villa with the ladies who are staying at the Grand?
I would like to take part in the Photopass share again please.
Love the shirt colours!
Looking forward to finding some fun Canadian candy to bring to the M&G! (Will we be doing that again? I loved all the treats and goodies that people brought.)

PS - I don't think my picture is on pg. 1. How do I send that to the Diva in charge? :confused3
Hi Dianna!

Good to see you again! :goodvibes

Just wanted to throw out another hotel option for people...

If anyone is on a tight budget, I would recommend checking out the Desert Inn and Suites. I've stayed here in 2008, and will be staying here again in December on our family trip. It's not luxurious, but the price is awesome, and it's right across the street from the entrance to Disneyland. :yay:
They don't have prices for Feb 2012 available yet, but for the end of January the price for a Parlour Family Suite is only $99/night. Those rooms have 4 Queen beds, so that's only $25/night per person. (Even less if people don't mind sharing a bed with a friend!)
For a bit more you can get a Family suite that has two full bathrooms, rather than just one and a half.
If others are interested, this might be where I will be staying. I'm going to check out the Hojo as well to compare prices though.
Thanks!

Y'all have been busy, busy today. I had something like 6 pages to catch up on now that I'm finally home from work!

Wanted to confirm that I am coming: hoping for Wed, but may not be there until Thursday morning. I am staying til Sunday at Hojo.

I am definitely in for Scavenger Hunt and I am a competitive marathoner. I am not a runner but tend to think and move quickly.

Just wanted to throw out another hotel option for people...

If anyone is on a tight budget, I would recommend checking out the Desert Inn and Suites.
That's good to know. Thanks Dianna. The nice thing about those hotels on Harbor is they all have some sort of suite available. ::yes::

Wanted to confirm that I am coming: hoping for Wed, but may not be there until Thursday morning. I am staying til Sunday at Hojo.

Hope you can make it Wednesday. Then you can do the princess breakfast Thursday a.m. princess:

It's always good to bring extra Canadian candies (Aero bars are really popular too :thumbsup2). The good thing is it's usually not hot in February, so they travel well!!

Don't forget Coffee Crisps too! Maybe I should make a nanaimo bar for the meet and greet

ATTENTION PLEASE!!

We have one smart cookie amongst us!

Laurie has basically guessed our theme for the scavenger hunt. As a committee, we decided at the beginning that if someone guessed the 2 components of the title she would win. So here goes!!!

Drum roll please!!!

She guessed "Diva's Amazing Race & I Spy?"

Our official name for the hunt is "DIS Diva's Amazing I Spy Race!"

Wow, she was close!!!!

Amazing job Laurie!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Prize will be announced later!

Congratulations! That was AMAZING Laurie!

Okay, someone tell me I'm not crazy! I know I posted today (or maybe it was yesterday) but I don't see any post by me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!