distances between resorts, city walk

jdm

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at the Hard Rock and I was wondering if those with experience could give me some specifics on distances? DH will be having ankle surgery on our return and can't do a lot of walking.

What is the amount of distance (time wise) between resorts and what is the best way to get around (walk, boat etc.). Also, from Hard Rock to Citywalk? And lastly, can you pool hop between resorts and is it a hassle?

We did stay at Portifino one night last year but I don't have a clear memory of the location of the Hard Rock etc. I just remember boating over to the parks and boating back.
Any info would be helpful!

Thanks
Jenn

If your staying at the HRH i'd walk it really. The short cut out behind the pool is a 3-5 minute walk. By the time you got on the boat and walked from the dock at citywalk to either park you'd be about the same but all the standing waiting on the boat might get to your dh.

Thanks Tammy for responding. Can you help me out with iinfo on the distances between the 3 resorts and if it's best to walk, boat, etc.? Thanks for any addtional info you (or anyone) can give me.
Jenn

I agree, it's easier to walk to the parks. We caught a bus on the parking lot behind the pool that went right to the other hotels. The boat would go to CityWalk and then you'd had to get off and get the boat to which ever hotel you wanted to visit.

If i had to guess I'd say that Portifino is a 10 minute walk and from HRH and RPH is a 15 minutes walk. Maybe some others could help out hear too. That's an idea about taking the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter