Disny auction - The history of DL/DW

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I was just invited to a media preview on Friday of this auction that will take place Dec 7 and 8 at Van Eaton Galleries in Sherman Oaks. Offered for auction will be all kinds of highly historic Disney relics such as:

• The original Peter Pan’s Flight mural concept artwork. Estimate: $6,000-$8,000;
• Studio file copy of Walt Disney’s first pitch documents for financing Disneyland park;
• A hand-colored map that showed what his park might look like. Estimate: $10,000-$20,000;
• Two original animatronic “Tiki Birds” from the “Enchanted Tiki Room” at Walt Disney World.
• An original Space Mountain Ride Vehicle from Disneyland. Estimate $20,000-$30,000
...among many other things.

More details here: https://vegalleries.com/auctions

Last edited:
A few pics from the auction preview today. Overall, there was some neat stuff but the things that interested me the most were original drawings and things from the very early days of the park. The ones I liked most are shown and described below and they were described to me. I've included, when possible, the auction ticket that describes each item

The original phone from Walt's office above the fire station. Est. $2,000 - $3,000.
IMG_0585.jpg

An original guide book from opening day of the park signed by Walt.
IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

The original doors from City Hall.
IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

An original, hand-colored painting from the Haunted Mansion (with description below).
IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

A two-carat diamond which was awarded to a guest via a sweepstakes for the DL 60th anniversary.
IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I had an extra $10,000 to $20,000 to bid on the Mary Blair Contemporary Resort mural prototype.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!