Disneyworld in December, what's not to miss?

Selene Lupo

Earning My Ears
Hello, taking a quick 3 day girls trip to Disney in early December. We haven't been in about 7 years, always wanted to go this time of year to see decorations, etc... We are planning to only go to magic kingdom and epcot, is this a mistake? What are the best things to do, things not to miss? Is mickey's Christmas party worth it? If we do this are all rides open? Anything to see at Resorts during this time?
Thanks so much for your help.

Toy Story Land will be New in Hollywood Studios - I wouldn't miss that

Holidays around the World in EPCOT

We loved the christmas party - totally worth it

The Deluxe resorts have amazing decor - espically the Grand - HAVE to see the Gingerbread House!

Not sure 3 days is time enough to see everythign!

I will be there for a 3 day weekend in early December as well! We are going to Mickey's Christmas Party, and although all of the rides aren't open, there seems to be more than enough going on to keep busy. I agree with the above and that Toy Story is pretty cool to see, and we are also planning on seeing the giant Gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian. You said you were only going to Magic Kingdom and Epcot, but I would consider going to Animal Kingdom early in the morning one day to ride Avatar-Flight of Passage, then hop over to Epcot. Flight of Passage is definitely a must-ride and they're usually open earlier than Epcot anyways. Hope you have fun!

Hello, taking a quick 3 day girls trip to Disney in early December. We haven't been in about 7 years, always wanted to go this time of year to see decorations, etc... We are planning to only go to magic kingdom and epcot, is this a mistake? What are the best things to do, things not to miss? Is mickey's Christmas party worth it? If we do this are all rides open? Anything to see at Resorts during this time?
Thanks so much for your help.
All the parks and resorts are fabulous at Christmas but with only 3 days, you just have to set your priorities and decide what's most important to you because you won't be able to do it all. In my opinion, Epcot is a don't miss at Christmas time because of the story tellers around the world showcase and the candlelight processional. Then for us, Hollywood Studios is second because of the festive atmosphere, the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam show, Sunset Seasons Greetings, etc. We typically skip MK but to qualify that, we are Florida resident AP holders and go at Christmas every year so we have seen them, plus we don't have small children and prefer the other parks where we can enjoy the show with a cocktail. We typically just go for a long weekend and only get in Epcot and HS. One year we had an extra day so we did a resort tour to see the decorations and enjoyed it tremendously, especially the GF. Will definitely do that again if we get the chance. Last year we did the Yuletide Fantasy Tour, which is a 3.5 hour park and back stage tour of how Disney prepares for the holidays, we really liked it. There is an abundance of choices, you just have to decide what you will enjoy the most.

The Voices of Liberty do caroler sets in December which are not to be missed. Also, the Candlelight Processional. Depending on the narrator, I definitely recommend getting a dining package for the Candlelight Processional since it can get busy and hard to get a seat.

Thank you! I would love to go longer but it is difficult to take time off in December. Question about the Christmas party, I read somewhere that although the party is 7pm to midnight you can actually get into the park at 4pm, is this correct? if so, is this even if you do not have a park ticket? From what I read above maybe we should use our 2 day tickets for Disney studio or Animal Kingdom and Epcot. Epcot is a must for us! If we do this will enough of the rides in MK be open during the party. Also is there any link I can find to tell what is open during the party? Is the Christmas party crowded? one of the reasons we choose these dates is to avoid crowds.
We haven't been to Animal Kingdom for a very long time because it was our least favorite park but I'm sure it has changed. When I looked up special activities at the parks in December Disney studios didn't have anything listed, what is the jingle bam show and sunset season greetings?
Thank you!

The Voices of Liberty do caroler sets in December which are not to be missed. Also, the Candlelight Processional. Depending on the narrator, I definitely recommend getting a dining package for the Candlelight Processional since it can get busy and hard to get a seat.
yes we do plan to get a dining package for the candlelight processional super excited for this!

We love holidays around the world at Epcot... the story tellers, the food booths, we love it. There’s also CLP as others have mentioned. Definitely check out the decorations at the deluxe MK resorts, they’re amazing. As for the party, Tuesday’s are usually the least crowded day to go and most attractions are open. You can enter the park at 4. There’s usually unique character meet and greets. How crowded it is depends on which day you attend. We love WDW that time of year!

I cannot tell you how excited I am about this now! Thank you.
so the plan looks like this:
Arrive Wednesday morning (6am flight, no sleep), during day visit resorts, Disney springs, then 4pm Mickey Christmas party to midnight. Thursday, get some sun at pool (we live in NY we need to soak up sun in December!) late afternoon head to Disney studios for night and Friday all day at epcot with dining plan for candlelight procession. Do you suggest any changes?

which park is this in?
It's in Epcot but rumor has it Illuminations is being replaced with a new show possibly as early as this fall. Since you plan to do Epcot anyway, you will be there for whatever show they have and I'm sure it will be a holiday version and fabulous.

Arrive Wednesday morning (6am flight, no sleep), during day visit resorts, Disney springs, then 4pm Mickey Christmas party to midnight. Thursday, get some sun at pool (we live in NY we need to soak up sun in December!) late afternoon head to Disney studios for night and Friday all day at epcot with dining plan for candlelight procession. Do you suggest any changes?
Sounds like a great plan, you will have a blast!

You will have a great time! Sunset seasons greetings at HS was so much better than I expected last year! This year I also need to get to Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!