Disneytown restaurants

disney144

Mouseketeer
has anyone tried any of the disneytown restaurants? How we're the prices? Any places you recommend?

Great question, I hope some can chime in with first hand experience.

I've looked on Trip Advisor and there are some reviews for Wolfgang Puck (3.5 stars) and The Cheesecake Factory (4 stars). If you look at the images, there are a few, very poor, shots of the menus.

A few of the highlights that I can see from The Cheesecake Factory
  • Chicken Tacos - 128RMB (~$18.53)
  • Fish Tacos - 138RMB (~$19.97)
  • Cashew Chicken - 118RMB (~$17.07)
  • Most of the desserts were 65RMB (~$9.40) or 68RMB (~$9.84) (I don't think that included any of the specialty cheesecakes)
I'm hoping to hear more about the restaurants that I can't go to at home. ;)

I'm hoping to hear more about the restaurants that I can't go to at home. ;)

That's what I'm hoping for! I'm not interested in Cheesecake Factory, and probably not Wolfgang pick either. Im curious about prices because I saw some reviews on TripAdvisor suggesting that people should leave the park and go to disneytown to eat to save money. It seems to me that the restaurants are more expensive!

We ate at Bluefrog, and it was pretty good. We went on a Monday night, and it was buy one burger, get one free. That's what we ended up getting, and it was a decent burger! Not bad price-wise, though I don't remember exactly how much it was.

"Food Republic" is a food-court type place that is fairly reasonable (~40-50 RMB/7-8 USD).

If you _really_ want to save money, you can get pre-packed sandwiches + ready-to-heat meals at the Family Mart. There are 2 Family Marts in the Wishing Well park, and 1 in the Metro station.

We ate at the upmarket Crystal Jade. It was not cheap compared to similar local eateries outside the park and this was the first place we found ourselves charged for the wrapped "wet ones" (moist serviette) left by our plates. PrincessinOz may have taken a pic of the menu. I forget what our share of the bill cost. I think 200Y and I think that was for 2 of us not per person so the bill was probably between 400 and 500Y for 4 persons (around Aus$80-100) - no alcohol. We got a whole chicken, rice, 2 or 3 types of veggies and chrysanthemum tea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!