No zombies here, just 10+ years of trip reports!!!

AK was packed. I know these are 7s on the crowd capacity, but they feel busier. However, the CMs even recognize it will be busier in the next few weeks for Easter.

z AK.jpg

We go to Expedition Everest and ride single rider (20 min).

Then, EE FP+. Front car baby.

WP_20170404_11_41_26_Pro.jpg

That's two years in a row.

Last edited:
From there, we go to lunch. We eat at the Yak & Yeti QS. I had the chicken, it was really good. The dds both had hamburgers, and we watched the birds dive bomb for food. I didn't manage any pictures - I guess we were too hungry.

Last edited:
Then, we go over to FoTLK. It is my favorite non fireworks show. It is swarmed, and we made it under the roof queue. So, even though we were in the giraffe section up top, it was still a great show.

z giraffe.jpg

Some my use there FP to sit in the lower sections. It is a great idea to get a reserved spot, but people still were there early and waiting for those front low floor seats.

Last edited:
We zip back across the park for the Nemo show, and Sat in the very top section. It is still a good show, and the music is great. I think seats in the top floor section or first part of the next section are better to see the show.

Then, it's over to Dino ride.

z dino.jpg

Haven't mentioned it, but early this AM, I hurt my back. I wasn't doing anything, just twisted it while getting up.

z dino2.jpg

I think EE was worse on the back going backwards though than Dino ride.

Last edited:

Made it to my favorite ride of the day, Kilimanjaro Safari. It started to rain, so we just did the stand by thing. Big mistake, as everyone else must have had the same idea. But, it was a good ride though even with the long wait.

z KS.jpg

z KS2.jpg

We went and ate Flame Tree BBQ. It was our first time there, and I won't go back. The chicken was dry. We have much better and cheaper BBQ less than 10 miles away in my home town.

Then, we go back to KS for FP+. Anyone watch the tv show "Blackish"? In the episode where the dad buys a vip package at WDW, he walks thru the FP line while holding up his magic band yelling, "VIP". That's what it felt like with the 120 min stand by line.

We did get stared down and stopped on the road by a White Rhino.

z ks3.jpg

A lot of crossing the park to make all the attractions. Maybe we will do better next time.

Last edited:
We finished up the night at Rivers of Light. There are two sides - stand by loading by Nemo and FP+ loading by EE. There have been many debates on using a FP for the end of the evening shows. Just my opinion - I like doing the dinner FP packages. That way, I still get to have the three FP for rides, get a nice meal,and then a good seat for the show.

WP_20170404_19_43_40_Pro.jpg

However, Rivers of Light will not be one I would go back to. The music is great and water projection is better than Fantasmic. I know the show can't end with fireworks as stampeding elephants wouldn't be a good idea. But, for me, the lion king would be a better ending show. If they could have done more laser lights or fire, then I may have enjoyed it more. But, I'm old - get off my lawn!

Last edited:
Good morning from Soarin' around the world.

WP_20170405_09_37_08_Pro.jpg

Stand by followed by FP+. Park capacity is again at 7, so it's gonna be a long day of waiting.

Love Soarin' - sounds like lots of waiting in lines today - how did that turn out ?

Phone life any better ?

Where did you get the Evil Queen Your Wife tee ?

Epcot was a lot better today than the rest of the week. It was crowded, but more manageable. Or, maybe we just know the park better.

As for the phone, I think it is the wifi. But, I need the wifi to upload pictures as I don't have the unlimited data plan. So, I'll just post the story and add photos later. Not the best plan, but all I got.

The first Soarin was great. Row three in section B.

The FP put us in row 1 in section C. Soarin looked more like Inception with the building curving.

I liked the original better.

Last edited:
After the stand by/ FP+ Soarin combo, we had a little snack at Sunshine Seasons.

Then, it was up to the Circle of Life.

z circle of life.jpg

Then, Living with the Land FP+.

z land.jpg

I timed those right.

Last edited:
We headed over to the Imagination to do Figment and check out the dvc Member lounge inside. It was a 30 min wait for Figment, so we moved on. Sadly, the lounge closed at 6 and we didn't make it back in time to check it out. Maybe next year.

But, it's time to eat and drink around the world, family style.

Cronut (croissant donut) was better this time. Can't find the photo. Dang it.

Coffee Crisp in Canada.

WP_20170405_12_58_06_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
The dds did the Kidcot stop. No more color Duffy, but a passport.

z passport.jpg

No food in England, but did get a topiary picture.

z tink.jpg

Last edited:
A croissant and chocolate beignet in France.

Beauty and Beast topiary.

z beauty beast.jpg

Watched the movie about France.

z french movie.jpg

Drank the lemon slushes.

WP_20170405_14_01_31_Pro.jpg

Cheers.

Last edited:
Jasmine in Morocco.

z jasmine.jpg

Morroco-arita?

WP_20170405_14_33_32_Pro.jpg

The spelling probably isn't right.

Last edited:
America.

Funnel cake.

z funnel.jpg

Pretzel

z pretzel.jpg

American experience.

z america.jpg

Surprisingly, I had never watched the show here. It was good, although the Morgan Freeman voice over at Hall of Presidents is better.

Last edited:
Italy for ADR at Via Napoli.

z vianapoli.jpg

Their pizza is terrific. We watches them through the door, and fresh mozzarella is awesome.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter