DisneyStore.com - awesome site but crazy shipping prices!!!

Disneystore.com shipping prices make you feel:

• Great - i love the convenience of being able to get my stuff when i want it...

• Fine - i accept them, but would like them to be a little lower...

• Ok - i don't really think about it...

• Frustrated - it actively prevents me from buying items i would otherwise love to own...

• Mad - i don't visit the site because the shipping puts the items out of reach...

• Other - cause there has to be an 'other' option

Results are only viewable after voting.
sent them my concerns re postage to their customer service email..and this is what I got

Dear AustralianKaren,

Thank you for your recent email and your candid feedback.

We appreciate the fact that you took the time to convey your thoughts to
us and truly value everyone?s perspective. Your feedback will be
forwarded on to management for review. The Walt Disney Company prides
itself in providing quality entertainment and merchandise for all and we
will continue to make every effort towards achieving that goal.

We look forward to future opportunities to meet or exceed your
expectations.

Sincerely,
Dawnn
Have a Magical Day

I wanted to order the d23 membership. Not the one with the sent magazine wither. So all they would be sending was a membership card and a certificate and s was $53 shipping! Urg its costs about 5 bucks at send an A4 letter! needless to say i didnt purchase it!

Also in addition to this I use hop shop an go for anyone who doesn't ship to Australia. They are owned by paypal they will give you a US address and then ship the items to you once they have received them. Reasonable shipping costs and they also consolidate the packages.

I have been very happy with their service :)

I wanted to order the d23 membership. Not the one with the sent magazine wither. So all they would be sending was a membership card and a certificate and s was $53 shipping! Urg its costs about 5 bucks at send an A4 letter! needless to say i didnt purchase it!

Also in addition to this I use hop shop an go for anyone who doesn't ship to Australia. They are owned by paypal they will give you a US address and then ship the items to you once they have received them. Reasonable shipping costs and they also consolidate the packages.

I have been very happy with their service :)

I opened an account with HopShopGo but haven't used them to send anything, maybe I'll check it out again...

I know shipping from the disney site is expensive, but I still buy from them frequently. They send it by courier, which is why it is probably so expensive, but it does arrive very quickly.

I haven't quite worked out how they calculate the shipping, but I just keep adding items 1 at a time to my cart until the shipping goes up, then I take the last thing out, and the shipping goes back down to the previous rate. Works for me :thumbsup2

We purchased 3 phineas and ferb toys for Christmas ( I searched oz high and low to find but couldn't).they cost $6us each but cost $42 to post. Doh!!! However a very impressed ds3 on Xmas morning got what we for got to buy on the way out of DLR 4mths before. Double doh!

i appreciate that disney use a courier, and that generally means that items are shipped somewhat faster (i have placed orders in the past and received them within 2 weeks) but i have also shipped from the usa for orders delivered via courier and usually have them inside of 3 days.

disney shipping by courier and taking almost 2 weeks does not justify the $50-$100+ price tag.

other websites charge me $45 for shipping, but i know i'm getting my item within 3 business days, and i'm ok with that as it's usually a last minute birthday or xmas gift etc. but to charge well over that amount for a longer turn around is still a blatant rip off in my book.

hop shop n go, hey??? might have to investigate, especially if it means i'll save a few $$$ on my disney shopping. i would love to be able to buy a few things BEFORE our trip, rather than only buying stuff while we're over there...

i appreciate that disney use a courier, and that generally means that items are shipped somewhat faster (i have placed orders in the past and received them within 2 weeks) but i have also shipped from the usa for orders delivered via courier and usually have them inside of 3 days.

disney shipping by courier and taking almost 2 weeks does not justify the $50-$100+ price tag.

other websites charge me $45 for shipping, but i know i'm getting my item within 3 business days, and i'm ok with that as it's usually a last minute birthday or xmas gift etc. but to charge well over that amount for a longer turn around is still a blatant rip off in my book.

hop shop n go, hey??? might have to investigate, especially if it means i'll save a few $$$ on my disney shopping. i would love to be able to buy a few things BEFORE our trip, rather than only buying stuff while we're over there...

It's not the couriers that are the problem.....it's the packing in the warhouse that takes soooooo long. Once they have shipped the items, I usually receive them in 3-5 days, and I can fully track them online.

I agree that the dispatch of item from the warhouse does take far too long, but once it is shipped, I find it arrives super quickly, and their customer service if you have a problem is awesome :)

Don't forget how much extra it costs to keep sending the parcels back to Memphis.......ahh disney you scamppirate:

sent them my concerns re postage to their customer service email..and this is what I got

Dear AustralianKaren,

Thank you for your recent email and your candid feedback.

We appreciate the fact that you took the time to convey your thoughts to
us and truly value everyone?s perspective. Your feedback will be
forwarded on to management for review. The Walt Disney Company prides
itself in providing quality entertainment and merchandise for all and we
will continue to make every effort towards achieving that goal.

We look forward to future opportunities to meet or exceed your
expectations.

Sincerely,
Dawnn
Have a Magical Day

Silly Disney :( you'd think you would get something off them really because it was terrible customer service and if you were American I'd bet you have been offered at least a voucher or gift card to use at a Disney Store.

I emailed them back in Dec re: my missing figurine and lack of help in tracking it down in Nov. I got a response asking for my phone number and a convenient time to call. Happy it was a quick answer, so I replied a few days later with two different times (given it was a week before Xmas it was tough to figure times out) and never got a reply or phone call to discuss it further. I had every intention of emailing them again to complain about that but time got away and next thing it was February and it seemed too late.

All in all I wish they treated us Aussies better! $50 seems to be the "cheapest" postage they can manage for any item. Fragile or heavy items such as snowglobes or large figurines I understand if the postage is more expensive.

End rant :)

Beyond frustrating! So many things I would love to purchase but I just can't justify the cost of postage. I buy things online from overseas a fair bit and never strike postage as high as Disney charges. It's a real shame :(

I too find postage from the US Disney store to be expensive (I am in the UK.) The range of items on there is so much better than our Disney store. Postage from the UK Disney site is OK for us if you are buying a few things, plus we can often get free postage if we have Disney movie reward points.

On a separate note I find some of the price differences between the UK and Australia quite interesting. I have Australian relatives and came to Australia to visit them last year. Some of the price differences amazed me. I found fuel for our hire car to be cheaper than what I thought, but the price of some food items was way more than what I would pay here. Bananas, for example, I eat one a day here as they are quite cheap, but the price for them in the supermarket I went in in Albury was crazy!

My BIL is Australian and his sisters are coming over here in a few weeks time so it will be interesting to see what they say (they have never been to the UK before.)

BTW, I loved your country. Sydney is my all time favourite city!

Danauk, you were probably here when bananas were at a ridiculous price because a cyclone had been through the area where they grow them.
It probably took a good 6 months or so for them to come back down to a reasonable price. They are fairly cheap generally.
It must have been mid-late 2011 because I remember how excited we were to eat bananas when we went to the States!
I was one who refused to buy bananas because of the outrageous price, even though we also eat them daily.

I too find postage from the US Disney store to be expensive (I am in the UK.) The range of items on there is so much better than our Disney store. Postage from the UK Disney site is OK for us if you are buying a few things, plus we can often get free postage if we have Disney movie reward points.

On a separate note I find some of the price differences between the UK and Australia quite interesting. I have Australian relatives and came to Australia to visit them last year. Some of the price differences amazed me. I found fuel for our hire car to be cheaper than what I thought, but the price of some food items was way more than what I would pay here. Bananas, for example, I eat one a day here as they are quite cheap, but the price for them in the supermarket I went in in Albury was crazy!

My BIL is Australian and his sisters are coming over here in a few weeks time so it will be interesting to see what they say (they have never been to the UK before.)

BTW, I loved your country. Sydney is my all time favourite city!

Thanks for your response. We do not even have a local Australian Disney store to purchase from. :(. At times I have looked at the UK store also but again not worth the postage. I have brought a lot online especially for my girls so I don't ind paying but the price from Disney is ridiculous.

Have a wonderful time when your family comes to visit. Bananas can be a bit seasonal in price. Over the past few years we have had severe cyclones that have wiped out or banana crops and we have paid above $15kg but in season we can get them at 99c a kg.

Thanks for your response. We do not even have a local Australian Disney store to purchase from. :(. At times I have looked at the UK store also but again not worth the postage. I have brought a lot online especially for my girls so I don't ind paying but the price from Disney is ridiculous.

Have a wonderful time when your family comes to visit. Bananas can be a bit seasonal in price. Over the past few years we have had severe cyclones that have wiped out or banana crops and we have paid above $15kg but in season we can get them at 99c a kg.

We live a few 100ks from where many bananas are grown this way and I've never seen them for 99c in the supermarkets :( If you go up to the Atherton Tablelands you can often get roadside stuff pretty cheaply but never in the supermarket. Our stuff usually gets sent to Brisbane to the Rocklea markets and trucked back up. It's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter