Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Checking in tomorrow for a super last minute 3-night stay at BC! We’ve stared at YC several times, but never BC, so I’m excited to cross it off my bucket list!! If anyone has any questions or wants me to grab pictures of anything, just let me know!

Wishing you an amazing trip!

:banana::banana::banana:

We just returned from a last minute four night stay at POR. We had gone to DHS before park opening on Wednesday in order to get a boarding group for the Rise of the Resistance ride. After we got our boarding number, #59, we left the park and took the boat to Yacht Club for breakfast at Ale & Compass. I had made the reservation as we were leaving the park, just in case. We were not the only ones who went straight from DHS to Ale and Compass. :) There was at least one table of guests who were on our boat.

We had a great breakfast at Ale & Compass. They have the breakfast buffet but it is an add-on to an entree, not a stand alone meal. If you get the buffet then you order an entree, any entree, and it includes the buffet. The price is $22 for the buffet, regardless of the cost of the entree, or you can just order ala cart.

The buffet was really good, with fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, sweet rolls, Parker house rolls, sliced meats, cheese, mini-muffins, etc. I ended up grabbing a Parker House roll and some sliced ham to eat later for lunch. DH wished he had done the same thing. :)

We will be back to the BC soon, March 1st to 6th. Even though we had a lovely stay at POR, with some of the best weather we have ever had on any Disney trip, we love being in the Epcot resort area. :)

Just looking for some advice. Right now, we are booked in a YC water view room for 6-nights in August. I was just on the Disney site, and a BC standard view room just opened up for our dates. It’s a savings of about $250 to make the switch. Problem is, I don’t know if I should keep the YC room or switch to BC. We love both - and have stayed at both - but I’d give the slight nod to YC just because the rooms are so nice. The one reason we prefer the BC is we usually find ourselves on the BC side of SAB, so it would be closer to our room, but I know the view will stink because I’ve stayed in a BC standard view room before. I honestly don’t know what to do. Any advice? Is there something I’m not thinking about when it comes to staying at one over the other? First world problems, I know...

We just returned from a last minute four night stay at POR. We had gone to DHS before park opening on Wednesday in order to get a boarding group for the Rise of the Resistance ride. After we got our boarding number, #59, we left the park and took the boat to Yacht Club for breakfast at Ale & Compass. I had made the reservation as we were leaving the park, just in case. We were not the only ones who went straight from DHS to Ale and Compass. :) There was at least one table of guests who were on our boat.

We had a great breakfast at Ale & Compass. They have the breakfast buffet but it is an add-on to an entree, not a stand alone meal. If you get the buffet then you order an entree, any entree, and it includes the buffet. The price is $22 for the buffet, regardless of the cost of the entree, or you can just order ala cart.

The buffet was really good, with fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, sweet rolls, Parker house rolls, sliced meats, cheese, mini-muffins, etc. I ended up grabbing a Parker House roll and some sliced ham to eat later for lunch. DH wished he had done the same thing. :)

We will be back to the BC soon, March 1st to 6th. Even though we had a lovely stay at POR, with some of the best weather we have ever had on any Disney trip, we love being in the Epcot resort area. :)

We love POR, too, but there is something special about the Epcot resort area.

Just looking for some advice. Right now, we are booked in a YC water view room for 6-nights in August. I was just on the Disney site, and a BC standard view room just opened up for our dates. It’s a savings of about $250 to make the switch. Problem is, I don’t know if I should keep the YC room or switch to BC. We love both - and have stayed at both - but I’d give the slight nod to YC just because the rooms are so nice. The one reason we prefer the BC is we usually find ourselves on the BC side of SAB, so it would be closer to our room, but I know the view will stink because I’ve stayed in a BC standard view room before. I honestly don’t know what to do. Any advice? Is there something I’m not thinking about when it comes to staying at one over the other? First world problems, I know...
If a full balcony is important to you, stick with YC. Some BC rooms only have the Juliette balcony and it’s s toss up which you’ll get.

If money isn’t an issue I’d stay YC. The better view and full balcony are worth the $ in my opinion but it f money is tighter the BC is also great 👍

I have a dumb question, and yes it is dumb but in 2005, my DH and I took a short trip to WDW and stayed at BC. When we checked in, the wonderful young man said he upgraded us to Club level. We were floored. We are thinking about going Spring 2021 for my youngest DD high school graduation trip and were thinking of staying BC. When we check in, can we ask if we can be upgraded or is that frowned upon? I do not want to be a problem guest.

It’s not a problem. You can also request by calling the beach club a few days prior (checking on your reservation) and if you are staying club level you can always ask your guest services representative to upgrade from garden to water view etc.

I have a dumb question, and yes it is dumb but in 2005, my DH and I took a short trip to WDW and stayed at BC. When we checked in, the wonderful young man said he upgraded us to Club level. We were floored. We are thinking about going Spring 2021 for my youngest DD high school graduation trip and were thinking of staying BC. When we check in, can we ask if we can be upgraded or is that frowned upon? I do not want to be a problem guest.

Count your blessings for the upgrade (a short stay) in 2005 and you certainly can ask, but be prepared to pay for the upgrade. Pixie dust doesn't get sprinkled often and when it does it is to entice you to pay for the higher level down the road.

In 2005, there were slow times where Disney resorts had lots of empty room. Upgrades were more likely then. Slow times with lots of empty rooms don’t happen anymore. Resorts are usually almost completely booked pretty much year round now. You can certainly ask. But expect you will be quoted the full rack rate for the upgrade, if a room is even available. The best advise is to book the room you want.

As for the previous poster suggesting you ask for a water view room if you have a garden view booked, that probably won’t work either. Water view is a bookable category. Might you get lucky & get an upgraded view, sure. But thousands of people stay at Disney hotels every day & only a few rare guest will get an upgraded view or room. Those upgrades typically happen because of Disney’s needs, not because the guest asked. Example: an overbooked category or unexpected maintenance.

Disney also hasn’t announced the start date for the 50th anniversary celebration. If it starts in the spring, I would expect the resorts to be even more in demand. So upgrades would be even more unlikely. And the Epcot resorts are pretty popular in the spring due to the Flower & Garden festival.

All true but if you don’t ask you usually don’t receive. I have been lucky in the past getting some perks but granted they are few and far in between.

Hi.

So happy to say we are coming home again. :banana:

YC 18-30th Aug.

Before we get there, as we fly into MIA, we are staying 2 nights in Key Largo, then driving up to Disney and staying 2 nights at the Gran Destino, club level :cool1:

Very excited to be coming back, so lucky that we can also do the gran Destino again too.

Get me on a sunbed with a Sunken Treasure. 🍹

Xx

It’s more crowded near the international gateway area, but I have not seen major crowds on the boardwalk when I was there in November 2019

Only caveat is if the gondola goes down and they funnel those waiting to buses at BW.

Did they have any waffles or something special for breakfast. How was the apps?

I posted the BC offerings in the CL thread last week. The YC offerings are usually the same. I can remember waffles and crepes on a previous trip, but they were just in a serving dish on a warmer, not chef prepared fresh like BWI if that’s what you’re asking. Their food is good, but it’s not as fancy as some other club lounges.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...formation-and-questions.3414590/post-61431521

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!