Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Their original goal was to open for Christmas break. It looks like they lit a fire under the contractor to finish before the previously announced late January 2020 completion.

From the rendering, it appears that they added quite a few smaller tables along the wall, which can be pushed together for larger parties. It also appears that the booths are gone, unless they just are not visible in the rendering.

Some of the new menu items sound really good, if not fitting the typical fare of the previous menu.

Last edited:
Their original goal was to open for Christmas break. It looks like they lit a fire under the contractor to finish before the previously announced late January 2020 completion.

From the rendering, it appears that they added quite a few smaller tables along the wall, which can be pushed together for larger parties. It also appears that the booths are gone, unless they just are not visible in the rendering.

Some of the new menu items sound really good, if not fitting the typical fare of the previous menu.

All I have to say is - Cookie Fries!!! :love::love::love:

So, we are (were) supposed to check in at WL tomorrow.

But a couple of weeks ago, DH’s work IT guy was killed in a plane crash, so in the chaos of covering his duties and trying to hire and train a replacement, this week DH had to change his flight to Friday night instead of Thursday morning. And I’ve been following the ups and downs of getting RotR boarding groups in the threads here on the DIS, and since DH won’t get up before dawn to head over to DHS to get one (and is fine waiting to ride until a future trip) I figured I’d uber over from WL on Friday to ride. Then this morning they changed park open to 7am, which means being at DHS even earlier. And then I noticed a std room available at YC...which ended up being cheaper, and closer to DHS (or so my justification goes) and since it was really DH that wanted to stay at WL for the holiday vibe, and since the weather will be perfect for SAB...

I‘m now checking in to YC tomorrow instead (December 12-15). Totally winging it with the last minute change, but if I’m solo I’d rather be in my familiar Disney “home” and within walking distance of most of the stuff I want to do.

It‘s not weird to change your hotel the day before you check in, right? 8-)

Southwest released their flights for June/July/ and some of August this morning. We were able to get a really great deal but we will be flying out of Indianapolis instead of our local airport. It’s a little less than 2 hour drive so not bad. Plus both flights are non-stop.
I also did some Disney math and we are now flying in the day before ( but staying at a value since we will be getting in later). Who doesn’t love some extra Disney time. Can’t wait to be back home!

Wonderful sunset view from room 4083. Loved the hotel, loved the CL staff, as well as the front desk crew. Mousekeeping was amazing, and one can't complain about turndown service every night. If it weren't for the less than stellar CL food offerings, this hotel would hit all the right notes. If CL isn't your thing, you'll LOVE the YC. We did hear from the front desk that the CL offerings are going to be revamped, he just didn't know when.

We ate at the Flying Fish, sitting at bar and we mentioned that we're going back to the Boardwalk Inn in April and the wonderful bartender Bill commented that BWI has the BEST CL offerings, bar none:).

Attachments

• IMG_1935.JPG
    IMG_1935.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 22

Page 1577

We are back from our trip already. :) We had great weather Saturday, Sunday and yesterday. MK wasn't crowded on Sunday, probably due to it having a party that night, and Epcot wasn't very crowded on Monday morning. We only took buses to MK and back on two of our days and we had good luck with those buses.

The Skyliner is great. We would either walk, take the boat or ride the Skyliner to DHS. Now that the Rise of Resistance ride is open we made several trips to DHS. We were able to ride it on Friday and it was great. Don't let another spoil it for you. I think it is more fun when you don't know what to expect.

We were in room 1581 which is a garden view room facing the volleyball court section of the BC. It was right around the corner from the BC Marketplace and very handy for everything. I will post a few pictures later, but it was a normal 2 queen bed room with daybed and connecting door. We had a Keurig coffee maker and it made better coffee then the old pod style Cruisinart.

Thanks, as always, for the helpful details about your room and your trip!

(And on a personal note, can't wait to try Rise of the Resistance. I haven't read any details and only know that everyone who has experienced it says it is awesome. I will get a chance to check it out in February. In DL)

:goodvibes

Hi Dee
Can you change our trip dates. We are now going Aug 19th-29th instead of the 12th through the 22nd. I realized the other day the school would be starting later than I realized due to labor day being later. But it all worked out as we were able to move from a Standard Room to a Garden View and still save money. The savings was mostly on the tickets as I think the garden view room was slightly more expensive (maybe $50) so it was a win in my book.

Will do!

:cool1:

So, we are (were) supposed to check in at WL tomorrow.

But a couple of weeks ago, DH’s work IT guy was killed in a plane crash, so in the chaos of covering his duties and trying to hire and train a replacement, this week DH had to change his flight to Friday night instead of Thursday morning. And I’ve been following the ups and downs of getting RotR boarding groups in the threads here on the DIS, and since DH won’t get up before dawn to head over to DHS to get one (and is fine waiting to ride until a future trip) I figured I’d uber over from WL on Friday to ride. Then this morning they changed park open to 7am, which means being at DHS even earlier. And then I noticed a std room available at YC...which ended up being cheaper, and closer to DHS (or so my justification goes) and since it was really DH that wanted to stay at WL for the holiday vibe, and since the weather will be perfect for SAB...

I‘m now checking in to YC tomorrow instead (December 12-15). Totally winging it with the last minute change, but if I’m solo I’d rather be in my familiar Disney “home” and within walking distance of most of the stuff I want to do.

It‘s not weird to change your hotel the day before you check in, right? 8-)

I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's coworker. That is tragic!

Glad to have you "back" though. Have a fantastic trip.

::yes::

Wonderful sunset view from room 4083. Loved the hotel, loved the CL staff, as well as the front desk crew. Mousekeeping was amazing, and one can't complain about turndown service every night. If it weren't for the less than stellar CL food offerings, this hotel would hit all the right notes. If CL isn't your thing, you'll LOVE the YC. We did hear from the front desk that the CL offerings are going to be revamped, he just didn't know when.

We ate at the Flying Fish, sitting at bar and we mentioned that we're going back to the Boardwalk Inn in April and the wonderful bartender Bill commented that BWI has the BEST CL offerings, bar none:).

Wow! That is a beautiful view. Thanks for sharing the picture and comments.

From your previous post, we know you had 2 Queen beds. Was there a daybed in the room? Connecting room?

:thumbsup2

Last edited:

My favorite view. I love that area of the resort. Though we are excited about our 1st WL visit starting next Saturday, I think YC will always be our WDW “home.”

Wow! That is a beautiful view. Thanks for sharing the picture and comments.

From your previous post, we know you had 2 Queen beds. Was there a daybed in the room? Connecting room?

:thumbsup2
[/QUOTE]
YC room 4083 has 2 queen beds and a daybed, as well as being a connected room.

Has anyone been able to book a reservation at B&C? I am trying since we are there over Christmas but no luck

Has anyone been able to book a reservation at B&C? I am trying since we are there over Christmas but no luck
I'm not sure what date(s) you're looking for, but I did a random check for 12/30 and 1/9 and there were available times for both lunch/dinner.

Not for a party of 4. Just for a party of 2. And there are tons of times for a party of 2. It's very odd.

Not for a party of 4. Just for a party of 2. And there are tons of times for a party of 2. It's very odd.
Got it! I was doing 2. Keep checking though, sometimes things change especially closer to the date you're looking for when folks cancel.

Couple of issues the past few days: stormalong bay hasn't been heated since Tuesday (it was on Sunday and Monday). Not sure what the deal is or if it's fixed today since it's been raining and we didn't go in today. I did complain gently to the front desk but I expect the usual WDW silence on that one.

Also, the temporary B&C location wasn't open at all yesterday. I haven't checked today, but I'm assuming the same. I'll update if I see it open when I walk by later.

Edit : the ice cream at ariels is open today. Also, they lied and claimed the pool was heated.

Last edited:
Have you tried booking two reservations for two people for the same time slot? When checking in at the podium, tell them you would like to sit together. The artist rendering of the refurbed space shows quite a few tables for two that are side by side, along a wall. It will be very easy to move the tables together for larger parties.

I did 2 party-of-2 reservations, but 10 minutes apart. I couldn't get them at the same time. I did one reservation with my account, and another reservation with my wife's disney account. You can't use the same account, even with different names.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts