Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I just booked Beach Club Level yesterday for arrival on Sunday. Is the club level room under construction? We are only there for 2 nights before we switch over to the yacht club.

:welcome:

I am not aware of any big projects. I believe the lounge was shut down several weeks ago for a Wifi upgrade, with guests who had booked moved to the Yacht Club, but I haven't heard that there are currently any disruptions there.

Anyone else have differing info?

:goodvibes

I hope it’s everywhere. One of the few complaints I had about my stay was how terrible the in room WiFi was, which is weird because it’s usually so good in the resorts. If I didn’t have unlimited data I’d have been in trouble.

Are they only updating the WiFi in club level rooms or every room at the resort?
I was told by the CM when we were there in October that the fifth floor was the last floor scheduled for the upgrade. The other floors were done already. The wifi upgrade has been going on for some time now.

Are they only updating the WiFi in club level rooms or every room at the resort?
I hope it’s everywhere. One of the few complaints I had about my stay was how terrible the in room WiFi was, which is weird because it’s usually so good in the resorts. If I didn’t have unlimited data I’d have been in trouble.
I was told by the CM when we were there in October that the fifth floor was the last floor scheduled for the upgrade. The other floors were done already. The wifi upgrade has been going on for some time now.

They were running new WiFi cables throughout the Villas while we were there in October. I certainly didn't appreciate any significant change in the signal over years past. I basically relied upon my data unless I was in the room or near the pool on the Ipad. :confused3

Hi all! Just back from our four nights at Yacht Club and wanted to share that our trip was just wonderful, as was our room and its view! We had room 4057 which from the outside is the room at the top with the circle window on the left. At first I thought the round cutout would deter from the view, but my kids thought it was just perfect for the theming and I grew to love it too. We woke up to beautiful sunrises and people watched when we were in the room. Super helpful too to watch the boat pull up from HS... we could book it down the secret entrance steps right down the hall and hop right on! Loved everything about the resort, still a favorite!

IMG_6113.jpgIMG_6114.jpgIMG_6115.jpgIMG_6235.jpgIMG_6355.jpg

Going to BC in mid Dec and will be VERY happy if Wi-fi is improved. While staying in the room I definitely use Wi-fi for general use (search engines, menus, etc....) but use cell service for email, DME, etc...) Usually I take an ipad pro to WDW with movies downloaded to have easily available content while I'm there (at Christmas thats going to be Christmas songs, movies, etc....) . There are definitely times where Wifi is better (weekeday afternoon or middle of the night) but prime time they definitely need to work on the the Wi-fi.

Just got back from a wonderful stay at the Yacht Club... it was our first time there and we loved it. The room was fantastic, the cast members were awesome, we loved our water view, Stormalong Bay was perfect for afternoon breaks, and you can’t beat the location and access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We were in room 4091 (water view), which adjoins to 4089. It had a fold down couch and a tub/shower combo.

BFF64A7C-9E28-4BF3-88FB-1DFFDED729B0.jpeg

20C436BA-3766-44B4-A667-7777ED8C6A34.jpeg

D31A4570-8294-4D47-8A54-F660C3B6C3F0.jpeg

C06C1FF5-15B1-420A-9C09-B184D458910E.jpeg

68237BEA-7D2F-470C-B2EB-E8B74A231B03.jpeg

Just got back from a wonderful stay at the Yacht Club... it was our first time there and we loved it. The room was fantastic, the cast members were awesome, we loved our water view, Stormalong Bay was perfect for afternoon breaks, and you can’t beat the location and access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We were in room 4091 (water view), which adjoins to 4089. It had a fold down couch and a tub/shower combo.

View attachment 452748

View attachment 452749

View attachment 452750

View attachment 452751

View attachment 452752
I loved that view, but we were in a garden view room that was right across the gazebo from you. Its crazy how they classify rooms- one room down can be a different view sometimes and seem the same to me!

Sorry pics are so fuzzy. I’m having to screenshot them because the DIS is trying to post them sideways, ugh! Time to get that glitch fixed...

In case you missed the Disney News and Info post, there is an opening date for Beaches & Cream, January 19, 2020

After being closed since August, the popular Beaches & Cream Soda Shop will reopen its doors to guests on January 19, 2020.
Beaches & Cream is located between Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts adjacent to the sandy-bottom pool and is a long-time guest favorite spot to grab a bite to eat.
While lunch and dinner are served at this location, it is most well-known for its ice cream sundaes.

Hi Dee,
Would you please add us to the BOG list for 10/17-10/24/2020? I booked our 2 BR Villa yesterday right at 11 months out. It will be myself, DH, adult DS and his girlfriend again.
We are 19 days from our December trip and maximizing our AP's this year by booking 2 big trips within 12 months.
So the best of both worlds.!! Holiday decorations and events in Dec and F & W in October.
Thank You

Just wanted to add a quick review before I forget.

First time staying at the YC (we booked a water view/club level room) and in all honesty we didnt go in with high hopes. We had a previous stay at the Boardwalk and didn't care for it at all. Then I was reading about the similarly long hallways and dark floors/furniture and had more than a few temptations to cancel the split (Yacht/Poly) and just stay at the Poly - but I'm sooo glad we didnt cancel. The room is GORGEOUS. The only down side was the VERY bright pool lights coming into the room. I understand about pool safety and all that, but IMO they really need to separate "water view" and instead make it "pool view" and "lake view" as we had to keep our curtains closed at night because I'm just very very sensitive to bright light and was bummed I didn't get to enjoy evenings sitting on the balcony. (Yes, we could've moved but DD and DH both wanted to stay in the room and it was marathon weekend and the chances of moving were probably not going to be very good so we just left well enough alone.)

Anyway, the CMs were so awesome. Second, I LOVED the snacks they put out and wish the other resorts would follow suit -- in particular the caramel dip with apples and taffy won me over - its the small things...lol. (I will say I was a bit disappointed that they removed the mickey ear sandwich with replaced it with the olaf bar though.) We rented Cabana #2 and while it was a bit on the cooler/cloudy side that day, we enjoyed taking the day off and relaxing pool side. The CM Travis working in the cabana area was really fabulous, kept checking in and asking if everything was ok, if we needed anything, etc.

We're looking forward to returning but this time staying at the Beach Club over Christmas holiday for DD's 13th birthday. I admit I'm a bit worried about getting a room with pool lights shining in again, but I spoke to a CM and asked if they can kindly make recommendations as to a room that wont be AS bright and she seemed to make notes to our reservation in that regard. We'll see).
:)

Overall though, we would definitely go back to YC in future stays. DH and DD are tiring of the split stay route and we may decide when we do 2 trips a year, to do one full stay at YC and the other at Poly. :)

Last edited:
I'm going to post this on the cake page too but here's my question/idea - I was thinking of booking one of the new pool cabanas at the beach club for a day for our stay in April. Do you think if I ordered a cake they would deliver it to the cabana? Any idea how to order it? It says they will deliver food to the cabana so I wonder if I ordered a cake they would deliver it? I'm taking my parents for their 50th anniversary and thought this could be a good surprise. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!