Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Not a critical question, but does anyone who was there in early October and late October know what time Stormalong Bay closed? Did it differ on weekends?

(and yes, I was there at the beginning of October, but I didn't take note of the pool hours. Bad Dee!)

:fish:

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Just booked our first adult-only trip to celebrate our 10-year anniversary and my husband's 40th! Beach Club December 2020. It'll be our first time staying there...we were booked for BC for our trip last month but had to switch to POP to stay within the budget of other guests in our party. Looking forward to reading all the info on this board. Can't wait!

The Gingerbread Carousel at BC went up today and it’s Peter Pan themed!!! When I left for Animal Kingdom this morning for EMH they just had the platform up!! So glad I got to see this after all, it makes the wait for Tragical Express less sad!

Attachments

• 6FD57D17-F219-4BCC-8007-2595A98FEF2A.jpeg
    6FD57D17-F219-4BCC-8007-2595A98FEF2A.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 57
  • 3373A048-8599-4BC4-9BF7-AA3714EFB720.jpeg
    3373A048-8599-4BC4-9BF7-AA3714EFB720.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 1327D33C-F7A8-4C82-9B74-A38432A37435.jpeg
    1327D33C-F7A8-4C82-9B74-A38432A37435.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 4CDA01EB-7ABA-4D64-BC01-95C3CB79D753.jpeg
    4CDA01EB-7ABA-4D64-BC01-95C3CB79D753.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 53
  • BBC3FD41-4EE8-4CC1-A05C-E16210847F74.jpeg
    BBC3FD41-4EE8-4CC1-A05C-E16210847F74.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 52
  • B146E2B9-3526-4026-A95D-9A98FBB9F4F9.jpeg
    B146E2B9-3526-4026-A95D-9A98FBB9F4F9.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 1721F566-532F-4F6F-9CDC-05F14A41B87C.jpeg
    1721F566-532F-4F6F-9CDC-05F14A41B87C.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 510F6C5B-B867-4429-A8F8-5D463FD0CB28.jpeg
    510F6C5B-B867-4429-A8F8-5D463FD0CB28.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 46

The Gingerbread Carousel at BC went up today and it’s Peter Pan themed!!! When I left for Animal Kingdom this morning for EMH they just had the platform up!! So glad I got to see this after all, it makes the wait for Tragical Express less sad!
Wow! I love that theme! It looks really amazing!

Thanks for posting the pictures. I love seeing the progress they made as they decorated the horses. I can't wait to see it in person next month. :)

Well, as I am in the air sadly going back to frigid NYC, I have to say that I really enjoyed my stay at BC. I wish I had been there for my 6 day August solo trip instead of POFQ, even! The Crescent Lake resorts take me right back to my childhood and BC exceeded all expectations. The room was beautiful, the location could not be beat, and all cast interactions were wonderful. I had a chill and relaxing time just chatting with other guests at SAB in the 18+ spa. I only wish my late aunt could have been with me because she loved the Boardwalk area on our family trips to the Dolphin. I got a photo with Minnie for her at least (her favorite character).

It wasn’t perfect because no resort is, and admittedly the Poly is still my forever home...but it’s safe to say that BC is my home away from home. I would not hesitate to stay there again, though I am curious about YC. Maybe one day we will try a split between Poly and BC or YC. I had the famous burger at Crew’s Cup for dinner on Saturday night and it was amazing! Thanks to all in this thread for helping me plan this long weekend that was over way too soon.

Can anyone advise me how long it would take if we wanted to leave Beach Club, walk to Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast, then on to Hollywood? Would that be a crazy long walk? I really want to grab a cinnamon roll one morning but can't fit it in the schedule.

Can anyone advise me how long it would take if we wanted to leave Beach Club, walk to Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast, then on to Hollywood? Would that be a crazy long walk? I really want to grab a cinnamon roll one morning but can't fit it in the schedule.
Beach Club to Boardwalk Bakery will be less than 10 minutes. Boardwalk Bakery to HS another 15 - 20 minutes. Be sure to take the "shortcut", exit left just past the Surrey Bike kiosk, past Wyland Galleries and a quick right past the health club and arcade, will bring you out by the clown pool and you'll pick up the path to HS!

Not a crazy walk at all and tbh it’s quicker to get to the Studios that way from what I found this weekend when I went for AM EMH there on Sunday. When you leave the Boardwalk Bakery, just keep walking towards BWI. There is a shortcut to the main DHS path cutting through the area with the creepy It pool.

Not a crazy walk at all and tbh it’s quicker to get to the Studios that way from what I found this weekend when I went for AM EMH there on Sunday. When you leave the Boardwalk Bakery, just keep walking towards BWI. There is a shortcut to the main DHS path cutting through the area with the creepy It pool.
Thank you. That is a big help.

Page 1566-1569

We completed our first stay at YC and LOVED it! The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Housekeeping was great. The rooms were very clean and offered plenty of storage for my family of five. Our five suitcases and four backpacks could all be tucked away under the bed and in the armoire. We brought a fan which blocked out any potential noise from the hallway/connecting room. We appreciated the coziness of the resort. A short walk to the bus stop and not having to leave the building for a refill were perks during an unseasonably warm week. We’ve stayed at various other Disney hotels (including AKL - way too dark) and YC is now -#1 on our list.

Thanks so much for offering feedback on your stay. So glad to hear you loved it!!!

:woohoo:

Hello again, my BC and YC friends! It's been about a year, but after trying out two other resorts, I have come to the conclusion that BC/YC is where I belong.

Next April, my friend and I will be staying at Yacht Club for her first YC experience . I traveled with her family last year - they stayed at the Dolphin and I stayed at YC to be close to them.

I have to say, in the past BC was my most favorite resort, but after that trip, I've changed my mind, and now really prefer YC, mostly due to location and convenience I do like the pastels of BC decor over the nautical theme and subdued colors at YC, but love the fact I don't have to guess weather or not I will score a balcony/patio. Having the boat dock right out the back door is pretty darned convenient, too!

Anyway, Dee, if you would like to add me to the Be Our Guest list, that would be great -

Dates are 4/18-25, GV room, Yacht Club - 2 roller coaster loving older ladies in scooters!

:welcome: back!

I'm thrilled to be adding you back onto the list.

:goodvibes

Has anyone heard anymore on the BC CL’s current state? I know they moved people booked over the last couple weeks of Oct and someone said it was due to WiFi upgrade... Just wondering if they’re back to business as usual?

Great question! I haven't heard anything.

Has anyone stayed at BC CL in the past couple of weeks?

::yes::

Last week of October, 10/23 - 10/31 SAB hours were 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM. I didn't notice any difference on weekends. Plus, it was very hot for this time of year!

:thanks:

Hi everyone! Just booked our first adult-only trip to celebrate our 10-year anniversary and my husband's 40th! Beach Club December 2020. It'll be our first time staying there...we were booked for BC for our trip last month but had to switch to POP to stay within the budget of other guests in our party. Looking forward to reading all the info on this board. Can't wait!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Sounds like a fantastic celebration of a couple of wonderful milestones.

:cake::love2:

Wow!

Thank you so much for sharing the pictures of the holiday decor.

Love the carousel theme!!!

:tink:

Well, as I am in the air sadly going back to frigid NYC, I have to say that I really enjoyed my stay at BC. I wish I had been there for my 6 day August solo trip instead of POFQ, even! The Crescent Lake resorts take me right back to my childhood and BC exceeded all expectations. The room was beautiful, the location could not be beat, and all cast interactions were wonderful. I had a chill and relaxing time just chatting with other guests at SAB in the 18+ spa. I only wish my late aunt could have been with me because she loved the Boardwalk area on our family trips to the Dolphin. I got a photo with Minnie for her at least (her favorite character).

It wasn’t perfect because no resort is, and admittedly the Poly is still my forever home...but it’s safe to say that BC is my home away from home. I would not hesitate to stay there again, though I am curious about YC. Maybe one day we will try a split between Poly and BC or YC. I had the famous burger at Crew’s Cup for dinner on Saturday night and it was amazing! Thanks to all in this thread for helping me plan this long weekend that was over way too soon.

Thanks for your review. I'm glad that you have a very positive impression of the resort.

:cool1:

When is your trip?

As others have mentioned, it is very quick to get to the Boardwalk Bakery, 10 minutes or less. The walk to Hollywood Studios is not bad, approx 20 minutes. I did the shortcut that others have mentioned for the first time in early October. Recommend!!!

:thumbsup2

When is your trip?

As others have mentioned, it is very quick to get to the Boardwalk Bakery, 10 minutes or less. The walk to Hollywood Studios is not bad, approx 20 minutes. I did the shortcut that others have mentioned for the first time in early October. Recommend!!!

:thumbsup2
[/QUOTE]

January 2020, count down has begun!! This will be our first BC stay.

Has anyone heard anymore on the BC CL’s current state? I know they moved people booked over the last couple weeks of Oct and someone said it was due to WiFi upgrade... Just wondering if they’re back to business as usual?

Since no one has answered, I will say this: my friend returned from a BC stay Nov 2nd. They were in a room on the 4th floor, directly over the port cochere. The first 2 nights, they heard loud hammering & banging going on above them throughout the night. Trips to the front desk got promises to make sure it stopped, but after 2 nights of very little sleep, they received some $ credits & no noise for several hours at night. Apparently the workers were told there was to be no one in the room under where they were working. But clearly there was some breakdown in room assignments & communication. From her experience, it takes several days for each room to be done. And at least as of Nov 2, work was still ongoing & going on around the clock.

Guess who's back.... Soooooooooooo after switching so much I went back to YC water view and it is paid in full and all done with lol. We ended up switching our GF theme park view to a Boardwalk Water view. We wanted to stay at GF but we figured if we could stay in one general area it would be better. So now I get to stay where I want and my sister gets the Boardwalk like she has always wanted. Now just to wait 3 weeks. Going to two after hour events and a Christmas party. I can't wait.

I just booked Beach Club Level yesterday for arrival on Sunday. Is the club level room under construction? We are only there for 2 nights before we switch over to the yacht club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!