Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We booked a Bounceback for the yacht club this upcoming April. I keep going back and forth on whether I should move over to the beach club side. We stayed at the bc last week and were happy. I know the pros of the yacht are all full balconies and 1st stop on the bus. I am just worried it will be too dark on that side of the resort. I did not like AKL for that very reason it felt dark. Do you find the rooms at the yc side to be dark. I do like the idea of no carpet. We have a 2 year old as well.
I hate hate hate dark rooms, and I love the YC rooms. They do have the dark wood armoire, but to me that doesn’t make the room dark for whatever reason and is beautiful. However, keep in mind the AK rooms also didn’t bother me, so IDK. I’m a more beach type person in general, but for whatever reason I love the YC and my least favorite deluxe resort to stay at has been the BC. I would have totally expected the opposite prior to staying at both resorts.

Page 1563-1564

We returned from BCV on 10/18/19--great trip with absolutely splendid weather.

We were assigned room 405 (once again, not even close to our requested 1st floor, near lobby, pool view requests--a running theme at BCV--since our first year there pre-renovations when we didn't care if we got the updated room, we have not been able to get the room of our dreams :goodvibes).

Thanks so much for the detailed review of your trip and awesome pictures.

When I get a chance, I'll copy your pictures and add them to the BCV Room Description thread.

:thanks:

Not the best picture, but here are the posted activities for Halloween at the YC/BC.

View attachment 448522

Thanks for posting this. Nobody else provided this, so we really appreciate the info!

🎃

Making a solo long weekend trip over my birthday in January to check out Galaxies Edge and on a whim decided (since it's my birthday) to change my reservation from Pop Century to Yacht Club water view. I'm usually a value resort kind of guy but wanted to try something different this trip.

:welcome:

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

You will LOVE the proximity and ease of getting to Hollywood Studios and EPCOT.

:cool1:

Page 1565-1566

Thanks to everyone who responded to requests for info like the the November activities calendar, pool hours, suggestions for an under 3 year old and finger-scanning, opinions on the YC reputation for being dark and toiletries situation over the past few days.

:thanks:

We booked a Bounceback for the yacht club this upcoming April. I keep going back and forth on whether I should move over to the beach club side. We stayed at the bc last week and were happy. I know the pros of the yacht are all full balconies and 1st stop on the bus. I am just worried it will be too dark on that side of the resort. I did not like AKL for that very reason it felt dark. Do you find the rooms at the yc side to be dark. I do like the idea of no carpet. We have a 2 year old as well.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for April.

I'll agree with the others who have replied. I do not like dark rooms or restaurants, either. I had absolutely no issues with the decor or brightness of the room during my recent YC stay. Enjoy!!!

:cool1:

We completed our first stay at YC and LOVED it! The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Housekeeping was great. The rooms were very clean and offered plenty of storage for my family of five. Our five suitcases and four backpacks could all be tucked away under the bed and in the armoire. We brought a fan which blocked out any potential noise from the hallway/connecting room. We appreciated the coziness of the resort. A short walk to the bus stop and not having to leave the building for a refill were perks during an unseasonably warm week. We’ve stayed at various other Disney hotels (including AKL - way too dark) and YC is now -#1 on our list.

In May I used my fingerprint for our 3 year old, however I had to stay in the room with the baby one morning & my DH took our 3year old to AK, he told them the situation at turnstile and it was not an issue.

So excited!! 30 days from today we will be checking into our beloved BCV. As DVC Owners we booked at exactly 11 months out, so it is a long countdown. We usually visit annually, in October, for F & W but we missed last year. This is our first Holiday visit and I am way beyond excited. I am bringing DS and his girlfriend. We have a 2 BR Villa.
Now that DH and I are retired I spend part of everyday planning our travels.
Can’t wait.

I am so jealous. We did a food and wine trip in late September this year and BCV was great, as always, but we have been looking at all of the information that has been released for the holidays at WDW this year and it looks fantastic. You are going to have a fabulous time.

I booked BCV for that same late September period at the 11 month window but we are likely going to change to mid November to at least hit the holiday stuff next year.

Hello again, my BC and YC friends! It's been about a year, but after trying out two other resorts, I have come to the conclusion that BC/YC is where I belong.

Next April, my friend and I will be staying at Yacht Club for her first YC experience . I traveled with her family last year - they stayed at the Dolphin and I stayed at YC to be close to them.

I have to say, in the past BC was my most favorite resort, but after that trip, I've changed my mind, and now really prefer YC, mostly due to location and convenience I do like the pastels of BC decor over the nautical theme and subdued colors at YC, but love the fact I don't have to guess weather or not I will score a balcony/patio. Having the boat dock right out the back door is pretty darned convenient, too!

Anyway, Dee, if you would like to add me to the Be Our Guest list, that would be great -

Dates are 4/18-25, GV room, Yacht Club - 2 roller coaster loving older ladies in scooters!

Fled the arctic chill in NY this morning and got to my happy place! I was immediately impressed with BC. When I got off DME, I was greeted by a really nice CM who checked me in with an iPad even though I did online check in, and got me the food & wine figment magic band that was waiting for me. Room was not ready yet so I dipped into WS and hit up Ireland for breakfast (Disney is the only place I drink before noon!). But I got a nice surprise when the text came and ended up with a king room despite not requesting it. I’m assuming because I am solo. But everything is beautiful. Unpacking to Stacy right now and getting into more FL appropriate clothing before going for round 2 of food. So far, I am loving it here at BC.

Has anyone ever stayed in YC Garden view room with 2 scooters? My friend and I will probably need them full time, but trying to get one in a room and plug it in is sometimes a challenge, much less two.

Anyone else ever done this?

YC is 377/nt (woods/garden)
vs.
BC is 394/nt (woods/garden)

We've only stayed at BC. I'm currently deciding between BC or YC for our upcoming mother/daughter trip in May. It's her 16th birthday! Any opinions on which resort?

We love the smell of the BC lobby and my daughter will love knowing we are going back to BC because she is nostalgic, we liked the quick side door / secret exit to EPCOT!
We have never tried YC, we DO prefer hard floors, love that we are guaranteed a balcony at YC, same amenities as BC, closer to HS and boat dock...

Help me pick?;) I struggle with making choices!

vs.

We've only stayed at BC. I'm currently deciding between BC or YC for our upcoming mother/daughter trip in May. It's her 16th birthday! Any opinions on which resort?

We love the smell of the BC lobby and my daughter will love knowing we are going back to BC because she is nostalgic, we liked the quick side door / secret exit to EPCOT!
We have never tried YC, we DO prefer hard floors, love that we are guaranteed a balcony at YC, same amenities as BC, closer to HS and boat dock...

Easy-YC! You listed the benefits, plus you’ve never been there and it’s cheaper. I like the YC so much better, and in general I am more of a light colored and beach person than a dark wood and nautical person- but I much prefer the YC rooms and resort.

Hello again, my BC and YC friends! It's been about a year, but after trying out two other resorts, I have come to the conclusion that BC/YC is where I belong.

Next April, my friend and I will be staying at Yacht Club for her first YC experience . I traveled with her family last year - they stayed at the Dolphin and I stayed at YC to be close to them.

I have to say, in the past BC was my most favorite resort, but after that trip, I've changed my mind, and now really prefer YC, mostly due to location and convenience I do like the pastels of BC decor over the nautical theme and subdued colors at YC, but love the fact I don't have to guess weather or not I will score a balcony/patio. Having the boat dock right out the back door is pretty darned convenient, too!

Anyway, Dee, if you would like to add me to the Be Our Guest list, that would be great -

Dates are 4/18-25, GV room, Yacht Club - 2 roller coaster loving older ladies in scooters!

DH and I will be at YC on almost the exact dates as y'all! We'll be on the lookout. First time at YC for us and I'm excited. I don't know if it's encouraged, but we've definitely seen scooters being charged in the hallways at WL, AKL, and Boardwalk. When DH and DS2 each had to use one due to injury or surgery- once at POFQ and once at CSR- the scooter fit fine in the room even with 3-4 of us and those were moderate rooms.

Fled the arctic chill in NY this morning and got to my happy place! I was immediately impressed with BC. When I got off DME, I was greeted by a really nice CM who checked me in with an iPad even though I did online check in, and got me the food & wine figment magic band that was waiting for me. Room was not ready yet so I dipped into WS and hit up Ireland for breakfast (Disney is the only place I drink before noon!). But I got a nice surprise when the text came and ended up with a king room despite not requesting it. I’m assuming because I am solo. But everything is beautiful. Unpacking to Stacy right now and getting into more FL appropriate clothing before going for round 2 of food. So far, I am loving it here at BC.

Nice score on the king room! I was out of town at training the first part of this week and when I checked in Sunday I was asked if I had a floor or location preference. I said no and then I was upgraded to a king suite! Hey, it was just a Holiday Inn, but it felt like some pixie dust to me! I bet you're right though- they'd rather give the king rooms to solo travelers. Enjoy your vacation!

vs.

I would pick YC because it's something new. I struggled to pick between the 2 as well but decided on YC for DH and I because I can see doing BC in the future with our kids, plus I wanted the guaranteed balcony for us. We used it every night on our just the two of us trip, while on the last trip with the boys and their GF's we hardly used it. Maybe you could bring some small things to "decorate" the balcony area for her birthday too.

Easy-YC! You listed the benefits, plus you’ve never been there and it’s cheaper. I like the YC so much better, and in general I am more of a light colored and beach person than a dark wood and nautical person- but I much prefer the YC rooms and resort.
[/QUOTE
DH and I will be at YC on almost the exact dates as y'all! We'll be on the lookout. First time at YC for us and I'm excited. I don't know if it's encouraged, but we've definitely seen scooters being charged in the hallways at WL, AKL, and Boardwalk. When DH and DS2 each had to use one due to injury or surgery- once at POFQ and once at CSR- the scooter fit fine in the room even with 3-4 of us and those were moderate rooms.

Nice score on the king room! I was out of town at training the first part of this week and when I checked in Sunday I was asked if I had a floor or location preference. I said no and then I was upgraded to a king suite! Hey, it was just a Holiday Inn, but it felt like some pixie dust to me! I bet you're right though- they'd rather give the king rooms to solo travelers. Enjoy your vacation!

I would pick YC because it's something new. I struggled to pick between the 2 as well but decided on YC for DH and I because I can see doing BC in the future with our kids, plus I wanted the guaranteed balcony for us. We used it every night on our just the two of us trip, while on the last trip with the boys and their GF's we hardly used it. Maybe you could bring some small things to "decorate" the balcony area for her birthday too.

I love the idea of birthday balcony decorations 😊 I talked to my daughter and we are both excited to try YC this time! Thanks for helping me decide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!