Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi - We will be visiting in November. We usually stay at Swan & Dolphin, but are excited to spend a week at Yacht & Beach. We have a toddler who loves macaroni & cheese and hot dogs (both of which we could easily get at S&D). I looked at the children's menu for Hurricane Hannah's - but I don't see either on the menu. Does any one know if there is anywhere at either of these resorts to get either of these items? (Usually we come back to our hotel for a mid-day 2-3 hr nap and then end up eating dinner at the resort before going back to the parks). This mama says Thank you SO much!

I’m a little late answering so you may have already got a reply. Although it isn’t on the menu, we have been able to get hotdogs at Hurricane Hannah’s. Just ask your server. Not aware of Mac and cheese however.

View attachment 438837View attachment 438838View attachment 438839View attachment 438840View attachment 438841We are now on day 7 of our stay and thought I would give a couple of updates. Firstly I commented to a manager about the removal of body lotion and the fact that even the worst hotels in the world provide this. Anyway he came to visit us at our room yesterday and said they hadn’t realised how many people liked the lotion and that it is now back to being provided. And we have some! Yey!

Secondly we hired a cabana yesterday. This was my plan to force us to relax as, if I’d just had planned a pool day generally, we’d probably have gone to do a park instead. It was worth every penny. We were really well looked after and had a lovely chill.
So you were able to get a same day reservation on the Cabana?

Good morning!
We got here yesterday and got a huge heaping of pixie dust upgrading us from a regular room to club level! We’ve never stayed club level before. Here’s my biggest question- what is the protocol for tipping the lounge staff? They’ve been amazing and I just want to make sure we recognize them appropriately. Thank you!

Whoa! That’s amazing! Good to know about the tipping (after reading everyone else’s responses) ... personally, I’d consider a ‘pay it forward’ kind of thing, perhaps. Like a bigger than usual tip to the mousekeeping staff, or your waitstaff at dinners. That kind of thing. Funny story, I tried that one year at Universal, after I was gifted a really nice “happy birthday” basket from the staff (I guess they do that there - are you listening Disney? Lol) - I left their housekeeping a $20 tip the next day. Well they thought I had just mistakenly left out a 20, and didn’t take it. Hah! So I had to be clearer the next day that it was a tip for them.

Whoa! That’s amazing! Good to know about the tipping (after reading everyone else’s responses) ... personally, I’d consider a ‘pay it forward’ kind of thing, perhaps. Like a bigger than usual tip to the mousekeeping staff, or your waitstaff at dinners. That kind of thing. Funny story, I tried that one year at Universal, after I was gifted a really nice “happy birthday” basket from the staff (I guess they do that there - are you listening Disney? Lol) - I left their housekeeping a $20 tip the next day. Well they thought I had just mistakenly left out a 20, and didn’t take it. Hah! So I had to be clearer the next day that it was a tip for them.

Just to add--CL cast members are not permitted to accept tips. They are able to accept small gifts of appreciation, i.e., treats for all of the staff to share (e.g., something special from your home town or state), but this is certainly not necessary.

I am wondering if it’s possible to put a tension rod with a blackout curtain in the doorway from entryway to bedroom area in the BCV Studios?

My little one will be sleeping in a crib or mattress in the entryway area and I want to be able to keep the area dark if we are watching TV etc.

If so, do you think a 36” rod will work?

I haven’t forgot this. I took a picture of where the opening ends on my lightsaber so I will measure it when I get home. I don’t have a measuring tape here so I should know on Friday or Saturday.

FBBBF497-23EE-4FF6-B3A3-176AA3833661.jpeg

A question about rooms with daybeds for those in the know. We highly prefer (need) a room with 2 queens plus a daybed and just learned that the rooms with daybeds (at BC) are not ones you can specifically guarantee.

I’ve done a ton of searching on this, and it seems like our best bet is to request only this when we make our room requests .... are there any other ways to *increase* our chances of snagging one of these rooms? For example, do certain views of rooms have more daybeds in them than others?

Also, what are the chances overall? I mean ... do most rooms have them? Half the rooms? I’m just curious overall, and my travel agent won’t answer this question, because she doesn’t want to be seen as promising anything, I guess, which is totally fair.

Oh - we’re a family of 4 - but my kids are terrible sleepers when they have to share a space. They kick all night, and we all end up miserable the next day, which none of us want on a vacation that we’re spending this much time and money planning.

Thanks!!

We were at the pool today. The love bugs were out of control.

We have them here in the Charleston, SC area this year and they are worse than I've seen in 20 years- I agree it's out of control! The front of everyone's vehicles are splattered with them and they attack you going in and out of buildings. It started after Hurricane Dorian really. In all our travels to Florida they've never been an issue. I don't know what's brought them out so bad this year.

A question about rooms with daybeds for those in the know. We highly prefer (need) a room with 2 queens plus a daybed and just learned that the rooms with daybeds (at BC) are not ones you can specifically guarantee.

I’ve done a ton of searching on this, and it seems like our best bet is to request only this when we make our room requests .... are there any other ways to *increase* our chances of snagging one of these rooms? For example, do certain views of rooms have more daybeds in them than others?

Also, what are the chances overall? I mean ... do most rooms have them? Half the rooms? I’m just curious overall, and my travel agent won’t answer this question, because she doesn’t want to be seen as promising anything, I guess, which is totally fair.

Oh - we’re a family of 4 - but my kids are terrible sleepers when they have to share a space. They kick all night, and we all end up miserable the next day, which none of us want on a vacation that we’re spending this much time and money planning.

Thanks!!

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

:cool1:

We really don't know how many BC rooms have daybeds or where they are. I think that at least 50% have them, probably more, but that is based on nothing but intuition.

Yes, making the daybed your only request is important. You may also try adding a reason:

"Room with daybed please. Children of opposite gender/restless sleepers/etc"

When you check-in, ask the person at the front desk if your room has a daybed. If it does not, ask if there is one available or when one will be available if you are willing to switch rooms later in the trip.

You may also request a rollaway cot, which I understand are fairly comfortable, but take up some space in the room. You may or may not be charged a nightly fee for that.

Good luck!

😴

In addition to the advice given by NateBenMa in a previous post:

Call in your room request. If you do online check-in, do not select any preferences. Reports on here are that selecting preferences at online check-in negates any requests that you called in, and the online check-in options will never be as specific as you want.

@natebenma ... oh that’s the other thing... when is our trip? It’s the week just before Easter. Lol. So, yeah, *kind* of a busy week. Hahaha.

@Best Aunt - thanks, great tips too! Can I call in the request, even though I’ll book through a TA?

From years of staying at the BC it seems to me that rooms that are slightly smaller than the average resort rooms tend not to have daybeds. This would include rooms on the top floor of each wing that have the enclosed balcony. It would also include odd shaped rooms at the end of a hall or in a corner. We have had the highest percentage of getting a room with a daybed when we book a garden view/woods view room. The club level floor (5th floor) has the least amount of rooms with a daybed. But there are exceptions to all of these situations. So a room on a lower floor may possibly increase your chances of getting a daybed. We seem to get a daybed a lot, and there are just two of us and we never request one. So I would guess there would be much more than 50% of the rooms with a daybed. We get a daybed more often than we get a large balcony. ;)

@natebenma ... oh that’s the other thing... when is our trip? It’s the week just before Easter. Lol. So, yeah, *kind* of a busy week. Hahaha.

@Best Aunt - thanks, great tips too! Can I call in the request, even though I’ll book through a TA?
My understanding is that the travel agent has to call in your room requests. But I have never used a travel agent to book a hotel room, so I don’t know for sure.

I book through a TA and still utilize the Touring Plans room request service. I just make sure I don’t contradict whatever I asked my TA to tell them. Not sure about calling it in.

I remembered to take photos in the shop today for the person who wanted to know about medicine and baby stuff 5C618BCE-DB35-4DED-BB2A-4BB0F530DD6B.jpeg available :-)

Attachments

• 352F295A-A4D1-4CE4-BD6B-3B252249507E.jpeg
    352F295A-A4D1-4CE4-BD6B-3B252249507E.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 06889894-3A1E-42C3-ABA9-63665C9BA320.jpeg
    06889894-3A1E-42C3-ABA9-63665C9BA320.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 21
  • 6FCCD92A-3C22-47E0-9F8D-4D7930FD02A7.jpeg
    6FCCD92A-3C22-47E0-9F8D-4D7930FD02A7.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 20

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!