Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Good morning!
We got here yesterday and got a huge heaping of pixie dust upgrading us from a regular room to club level! We’ve never stayed club level before. Here’s my biggest question- what is the protocol for tipping the lounge staff? They’ve been amazing and I just want to make sure we recognize them appropriately. Thank you!

Enjoy!

Just wanted to echo what @focusondisney said above - my perspective closely matches hers when it comes to CL CM tipping (or lack thereof).

Does anyone have a recent picture of the toiletry items sold at BC? I'm looking to see what brands they sell for contact solution and baby wipes! Just to see if they are the same brand we use at home in case we run out! (I know Disney used to sell Complete brand for contact solution but that has been discontinued) Thanks! (This might be an impossible question so I've been googling it but pictures are a couple years old)

my comment:
* I don't think there is anyway to go directly from the International Gateway stop to Hollywood Studios
Correct there are three separate lines. So coming from Pop/AoA you have to transfer at CBR. Coming from IG you have to transfer at CBR to go to Pop/AoA or DHS.

Sadly I can be removed from the list of coming Dec 8th to 11th. We had to switch over to the Coronado Towers. It was a savings that paid for the DAH and Christmas party and still $300 left over after paying for both of those. It was just too hard to pass on. I hope to one day stay at YC. At least last trip I did get one night at BC and it was excellent.

Does anyone have a recent picture of the toiletry items sold at BC? I'm looking to see what brands they sell for contact solution and baby wipes! Just to see if they are the same brand we use at home in case we run out! (I know Disney used to sell Complete brand for contact solution but that has been discontinued) Thanks! (This might be an impossible question so I've been googling it but pictures are a couple years old)

Ha! Someone asked about contact lens solution in July. A friend who was there at the time snapped this photo for us.

My man on the spot has come through!

This is the only one they have, $2.79

View attachment 421298

Not sure about the baby wipes brand. Maybe someone there now can take a picture or let us know.

I have not stayed at the resort since 2016, but I will be back in a week. If I have the time, I will take some pictures of the selections at the BC Marketplace and the YC Market.

::yes::

Ha! Someone asked about contact lens solution in July. A friend who was there at the time snapped this photo for us.

Not sure about the baby wipes brand. Maybe someone there now can take a picture or let us know.

I have not stayed at the resort since 2016, but I will be back in a week. If I have the time, I will take some pictures of the selections at the BC Marketplace and the YC Market.

::yes::
Thanks for your help!!!!

We will be staying at the YC Club Level in 2 weeks. Can anyone comment on the recent daily food menu offered at the Lounge please. Thanks !!

We will be at the BC in 8 days and I can't wait to ride the Skyliner. It looks like it will be a very popular "ride" since it looks wonderful. :)

Did you try to open your door using the MDE app on your phone? We often have trouble with doors at the BC, I think because we have stayed there so often the doors get confused. ;) Anyway, it would be nice if the app worked at times when the MB won't work.

I did try using my phone that didn’t work at all at any time. The one lady did give me a key card as a back up but since someone’s always worked we never needed it. I was just happy for the extra FPs. 😂

We will be at the BC in 8 days and I can't wait to ride the Skyliner. It looks like it will be a very popular "ride" since it looks wonderful. :)

Did you try to open your door using the MDE app on your phone? We often have trouble with doors at the BC, I think because we have stayed there so often the doors get confused. ;) Anyway, it would be nice if the app worked at times when the MB won't work.

We had this exact issue. We could open the door with our phone but our magic bands wouldn’t work. We went to the front desk and they told us if we have too many magic bands in our account it confuses the system. It doesn’t matter if they are disabled or not. (We have 11 in our account). He then scanned the ones we were wearing and then they have been working fine.

We had this exact issue. We could open the door with our phone but our magic bands wouldn’t work. We went to the front desk and they told us if we have too many magic bands in our account it confuses the system. It doesn’t matter if they are disabled or not. (We have 11 in our account). He then scanned the ones we were wearing and then they have been working fine.

The one lady told us that too. But after scanned them they would work once maybe twice than quit again. After the third time I went down they gave us the FPs for our troubles and after that I gave up cause I didn’t want to complain after that lol and like I said someone’s always worked randomly so it was like a line at the door of the four of us of who’s would work this time lol. We were laughing by the end. I still never got my phone to work though even after they tried fixing that. We did do a split at AKL at the beginning of our trip and they all worked fine over there. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Congrats on your upgrade! We have stayed CL at YC,BC, BWI, CR & GF RPC for about 20 years. We have never tipped the CMs ever. I have never seen anyone leave or give tips in all that time either. Those are not considered tipped positions. I have read nontipped positions are not allowed to accept tips & are supposed to refuse 3 times before they can accept or get in trouble. Some people say they leave a little treat like candy or something for the staff. I have read one or 2 very random posts from someone who insists they tip CL CMs all the time with no issues. But I have never seen any tipping happening in the lounge or at the desk. Send an email or leave a cast member compliment if you want to. That is the usual advise given around here.

Enjoy!
Thank you!

Good morning!
We got here yesterday and got a huge heaping of pixie dust upgrading us from a regular room to club level! We’ve never stayed club level before. Here’s my biggest question- what is the protocol for tipping the lounge staff? They’ve been amazing and I just want to make sure we recognize them appropriately. Thank you!

Just also confirming the other response. It’s not a tipped position at all. Just pay with smiles and CM recognition! 👍

I’ll try remember to get one today for you :-)

1BEBA4C5-9502-4399-A2EE-A6E9452F1002.jpegE531F6BC-DC28-478C-8244-FEA436A35BE9.jpegD7A5C6A4-2753-4ECE-BD50-97BCC6441C04.jpeg34962CA2-A849-4506-B933-31CECFA4CEBD.jpeg02A43889-6016-42D8-B005-50BA44D19867.jpegWe are now on day 7 of our stay and thought I would give a couple of updates. Firstly I commented to a manager about the removal of body lotion and the fact that even the worst hotels in the world provide this. Anyway he came to visit us at our room yesterday and said they hadn’t realised how many people liked the lotion and that it is now back to being provided. And we have some! Yey!

Secondly we hired a cabana yesterday. This was my plan to force us to relax as, if I’d just had planned a pool day generally, we’d probably have gone to do a park instead. It was worth every penny. We were really well looked after and had a lovely chill.

View attachment 438837View attachment 438838View attachment 438839View attachment 438840View attachment 438841We are now on day 7 of our stay and thought I would give a couple of updates. Firstly I commented to a manager about the removal of body lotion and the fact that even the worst hotels in the world provide this. Anyway he came to visit us at our room yesterday and said they hadn’t realised how many people liked the lotion and that it is now back to being provided. And we have some! Yey!

Secondly we hired a cabana yesterday. This was my plan to force us to relax as, if I’d just had planned a pool day generally, we’d probably have gone to do a park instead. It was worth every penny. We were really well looked after and had a lovely chill.

Did you happen to notice if Cabana 2 was the one right behind you or in front of you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!