Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Question re: Club Level - Water View Rooms - at both Yacht Club and Beach Club.

When looking at Touring Plans Room Views, the water view room views from Yacht Club seem to be more of Crescent Lake than SAB pool (which is what we prefer); whereas the water view rooms from Beach Club seem to be more of SAB pool than Crescent Lake. So are the club level rooms at Yacht Club farther away from SAB pool? I'm trying to figure out the layout.

I can’t speak to BC, but at YC, most of the waterview rooms are on 2 straight hallways. The first hall is closer to the lounge & elevators & looks out over the lighthouse & lake. You walk down that hallway to get to the second hall. Those rooms look out over Storm Along Bay & a roof. There is only the one elevator bank, so no room is actually closer to SAB. Closer to the elevator is as close to SAB as you can get.

As to that roof, you can only see it if you are on the balcony & look down. Many people complain about it. But I find if I am in the room looking out, or sitting on the balcony, I don’t see it at all.

I can’t speak to BC, but at YC, most of the waterview rooms are on 2 straight hallways. The first hall is closer to the lounge & elevators & looks out over the lighthouse & lake. You walk down that hallway to get to the second hall. Those rooms look out over Storm Along Bay & a roof. There is only the one elevator bank, so no room is actually closer to SAB. Closer to the elevator is as close to SAB as you can get.

As to that roof, you can only see it if you are on the balcony & look down. Many people complain about it. But I find if I am in the room looking out, or sitting on the balcony, I don’t see it at all.

Thank you! Wondering if anyone has any feedback on the BC rooms as we're keeping our YC WV stay as is, im just tempted to move our BC GV to BC WV in December -- but if most of the rooms are going to have a view of SAB, I would probably just keep our BC GV as is. :)

I've never really researched this before, so pardon my ignorance, but what are the real benefits of Club Level? Why would I as a resort guest pay about $200 or so extra per night for a Club Level room? What should I use to determine if this is a valuable option for our next trip? We are planning YC or BC. TIA for all input and opinions!
We find that the ~$200 CL fee can be an exceptionally good value if you have 4 adults and plan to take advantage of the resort amenities vs comando park hours of park open - park close with no breaks. Leisurely breakfasts, daily mid-day breaks and evening appetizers and evening nightcaps.

Our schedule helps us determine if we want to take advantage of CL offerings.

Dave

We will be at the Beach Club the last week of October. Can anyone tell me what time the pool closes please?

Thank you!!!

Question re: Club Level - Water View Rooms - at both Yacht Club and Beach Club.

When looking at Touring Plans Room Views, the water view room views from Yacht Club seem to be more of Crescent Lake than SAB pool (which is what we prefer); whereas the water view rooms from Beach Club seem to be more of SAB pool than Crescent Lake. So are the club level rooms at Yacht Club farther away from SAB pool? I'm trying to figure out the layout.
The Yacht Club and Beach Club are pretty close to being mirror images of each other. The club level water view rooms for both resorts will be either close to the lake or above a flat roof overlooking SAB with the lake just past the pool. From the map it looks like the differences in distances to SAB are very minor.

from first page of this thread

We will be at the Beach Club the last week of October. Can anyone tell me what time the pool closes please?

Thank you!!!
We'll be at the BCVs the last week of October! The October timeframe is a little tricky, but in the past I have seen the pool open as late as 10:00 PM during our stays in late October. 9:00 PM closure is almost guaranteed.

We'll be at the BCVs the last week of October! The October timeframe is a little tricky, but in the past I have seen the pool open as late as 10:00 PM during our stays in late October. 9:00 PM closure is almost guaranteed.

Awesome thanks. I knew having the pool open till midnight was asking for to much!! 😂
9-10pm will have to do!

From a pure financial perspective, it will never really make financial sense to stay CL - generally speaking. It’s mainly just an up-charge/slightly upgraded overall experience that some may or may not find worthwhile and is not a good fit for some WDW touring styles. We normally stay CL so below are some ramblings about why it works for us.... none of these are “earth shattering” amenities, but cumulatively they add a bit of convenience to our stays:

- Lounge offerings during the day - breakfast, mid-day snacks, evening apps, desserts, plus coffee/soda/beer/wine available at all times. For us, one of the bigger CL draws is the breakfast. We’re past the point of wanting to head out to park or character breakfasts and are just fine grabbing something in the lounge every day. For our family of four, what we would otherwise spend for breakfast would start to add up after awhile (of course, not $200 per day!). Could I spend less at Garden Grocer and have supplies in the room? Sure - but for us it’s vacation, I don’t want to mess with groceries, etc.

- In fairness, while we use the CL breakfast as a meal replacement, the other services generally aren’t going to be a true meal substitute. That being said, we tend to often have a larger lunch out in the parks and are ultimately fine with light snacking during evening apps because we just aren’t that hungry. But I also don’t like “being tied” to the lounge for meals either, so other than breakfast, I don’t let the fact we’re staying CL force my schedule, for the most part. Some people feel the need to “be back in the lounge for apps” since they “paid for it,” but we try not to think like that.

- We enjoy the occasional beer or wine in our CL comings and goings. Or a glass of water or coffee. Having these close by is a nice convenience.

- The lounge provides a nice “second room” if you will - I like waking up early while the fam is still asleep and heading to the lounge to get some work done / grab a cup of coffee. Or if the fam is napping and I don’t want to bother them, I can hang in the lounge. And back to that beer/wine part. :-)

- CL guests have access to Disney Signature Services, a pre-arrival “concierge” type of service. While they can’t necessarily book ADRs or FPs you can’t otherwise do yourself, sometimes it’s nice to have the service available if needed. You can take care of room requests with a simple e-mail... or book a cabana... etc. Sometimes not having to call to handle basic tasks has some value.

- The standard (non-suite) CL rooms are on a dedicated floor - at BC and YC that’s the 5th floor (top floor) - so when you book CL you have some level of control over your room location vs a non-CL reservation. At other resorts, certain buildings are CL - eg, Poly - where the Hawaii building is all CL... so booking CL there means you know you’ll be in the Hawaii longhouse.

- CL CMs staff desks on the CL floor from 7am-10pm daily. They can assist with any issues, questions, etc, and they can be accessed via text during your stay too. I’ve had an occasion or two where I needed to cancel an ADR last minute and having someone accessible right there on the CL floor or via text can be a slight time saver. Many trips we never need anything at all, but it’s often nice to have a smiling face welcoming us in our comings/goings.

- I haven’t stayed at BC CL since 2016 but have several recent trips to YC CL - personally I have found the CMs there quite warm/welcoming. While the food at every CL can get repetitive, I personally think YC CL is one of the better CLs right now in terms of quality/quantity of food offerings. (BC CL is served by the same kitchen and is substantially similar in their offerings)

- CL guests can currently book a special trial extra charge FP program where you can buy 3 extra FPs per day (plus your original 3) 90 days out. Some find this intriguing, some don’t.

- I’m assuming BC CL has this too, but YC CL has some board games in the lounge that have come in handy on a rainy day.

So, as you can see - none of these are earth-shattering amenities or must-haves... more conveniences or luxuries.

We find value in the conveniences, but others will not, so definitely not a one size fits all perspective.

Sorry that was TLDR, but hope it helps!
We find that the ~$200 CL fee can be an exceptionally good value if you have 4 adults and plan to take advantage of the resort amenities vs comando park hours of park open - park close with no breaks. Leisurely breakfasts, daily mid-day breaks and evening appetizers and evening nightcaps.

Our schedule helps us determine if we want to take advantage of CL offerings.

Dave

Thank you both for the input. Dee- I also read all the links you posted. I don't see us really using the services available. For the food I could see DH and I taking advantage of breakfasts but not necessarily the other times. I think like some said it would be good if we had 4 in our room, but not just 2. It's like we've said we're not going to cook on vacation so having a room with a kitchenette isn't for us. I appreciate everyone helping me understand better.

Beach Club coffee makers:

If you stayed at the Beach Club in 2019, could you post whether you had the Cuisinart Coffee pod machine or a Keurig.

Bonus if you have the room number but not essential. Still want to hear from you if you have already posted this info.

:thanks:
Just returned from BC on Sunday. We were on the 3rd floor, rooms 3672 & 3675, both had Kuerigs.

We had an issue with one of them, and housekeeping replaced it in under 20 min. So if you get the pod kind, just call housekeeping

We are in the Beach Club Villas room 525. The view is great. We can see the Eiffel Tower from our room inside and if we go out on the balcony and turn right we can see the Boardwalk sign and maybe the Tower or Terror. The only downside to the room is it is right next to the elevator so we can hear the mechanics of the elevator. It isn’t bad just sounds like a faint noise. It is nice though to be that close when you are exhausted.

5AEC0893-6E7C-433A-9EE1-751AB6EDCB9A.jpeg66A3740C-45E8-4CBF-845A-38FA467BB40D.jpeg

A CM friend had a preview of the Skyliner yesterday. Here are her comments:

I had my cast preview of the Disney Skyliner tonight. It was pretty neat! I thought I would share some info.

1. The normal cars hold 10 people, the ADA cars hold 6.

2. Caribbean Beach is the hub station that you switch lines in. From there there is a line to DHS, Art/Pop, and Riviera/Epcot.

3. They can move rather quickly and when they are there is a nice breeze in them so it isn’t too hot. When they move slower, it is not so breezy.
4. Travel Times:
DHS to CB ranged between 4:30 and 7:30.
CB to Art/Pop was between 4:30 to 5:30
CB to Riviera was between 2:16 to 3 min, Riviera to Epcot was between 8:50 to 10 min, with total time CB to Epcot being 11:30 to 13 min.
Those varied based off speed, slow downs, stops, etc. I timed each leg, and only did one round trip on each stop. The only station you can stay on and not debark as you ride thru is Riviera. The others you must get off and revised due to safety reasons.
They have in car narration, which is neat. If your car does not, let a CM know, so they can reset it. We had none in both CB/DHS legs sadly.
We did experience some wait times at CB to change lines, especially around 9 to board the DHS line. It was maybe a 5 minute wait.
I love the station at Epcot being at International Gateway. If I was staying at any of the resorts* on these lines I would take this instead of a bus hands down. It is closer after watching fireworks and everyone gets a seat, no standing allowed.

🚡

my comment:
* I don't think there is anyway to go directly from the International Gateway stop to Hollywood Studios

Just got back Sunday from an amazing stay at YC (I did BC last trip and I can’t decide which I like better.) We were in garden view room 2145. I was enjoying the trip so much I forgot to get a picture from the balcony 🤦🏻‍♀️ But it was awesome. I could see views of the water and people walking in and out of the lobby. It was so close I loved not having to walk far to the bus the boat or the pool or even ale and compass market to fill our cups. It really was perfect. I did touring plans request form and got the room I asked for. I also did online check in and hit close to lobby and called in and they verified the request from touring plans was in there. I know I just got lucky but it was awesome. Our magic bands wouldn’t work on the door randomly and we went down to the front desk a few times to fix them so they gave us multi use FPs. Three each. Yay! They still didn’t work but we gave up after that. It was always at least one persons worked and we were always together. Other than the construction in the lobby it was a great trip.

Oh and one tip. We did pick a pearl. Thought it would be a cute cheap souvenir. Sign said 15.99. I didn’t think by the time we got a cage and a chain it was over 80$ but you live you learn.

I hope everyone has an awesome time on their vacation!!

Oh and we took a Minnie Van one time to get to HS early. Cast member said they had a cast member early preview of the skyliner and her friends went first and got stuck on it. She said she wouldn’t go on it after that. 😂 I told her I wasn’t planning to go on it from the beginning cause I’m afraid of heights and claustrophobic, so that’s why she told me lol.

Good morning!
We got here yesterday and got a huge heaping of pixie dust upgrading us from a regular room to club level! We’ve never stayed club level before. Here’s my biggest question- what is the protocol for tipping the lounge staff? They’ve been amazing and I just want to make sure we recognize them appropriately. Thank you!

A CM friend had a preview of the Skyliner yesterday.
We will be at the BC in 8 days and I can't wait to ride the Skyliner. It looks like it will be a very popular "ride" since it looks wonderful. :)
Our magic bands wouldn’t work on the door randomly and we went down to the front desk a few times to fix them so they gave us multi use FPs. Three each. Yay! They still didn’t work but we gave up after that. It was always at least one persons worked and we were always together.
Did you try to open your door using the MDE app on your phone? We often have trouble with doors at the BC, I think because we have stayed there so often the doors get confused. ;) Anyway, it would be nice if the app worked at times when the MB won't work.

When I had trouble using my Magic Band to open my door at BCV, an experienced person at the front desk told the inexperienced person helping me that she should give me a room key card. I had not thought to try using my phone.

Good morning!
We got here yesterday and got a huge heaping of pixie dust upgrading us from a regular room to club level! We’ve never stayed club level before. Here’s my biggest question- what is the protocol for tipping the lounge staff? They’ve been amazing and I just want to make sure we recognize them appropriately. Thank you!

Congrats on your upgrade! We have stayed CL at YC,BC, BWI, CR & GF RPC for about 20 years. We have never tipped the CMs ever. I have never seen anyone leave or give tips in all that time either. Those are not considered tipped positions. I have read nontipped positions are not allowed to accept tips & are supposed to refuse 3 times before they can accept or get in trouble. Some people say they leave a little treat like candy or something for the staff. I have read one or 2 very random posts from someone who insists they tip CL CMs all the time with no issues. But I have never seen any tipping happening in the lounge or at the desk. Send an email or leave a cast member compliment if you want to. That is the usual advise given around here.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!