Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I don't think so. Lots of people do not use Magical Express. I don't think they are all charged for parking just because they did not use Magical Express. (But I'm DVC so the rules are different for me.)

This is correct. The parking fee is for people parking their cars (owned, rental, whatever) while they are resort guests. They do not charge taxis or rideshare cars just for drop offs and pick ups. With the parking fee, if you'll only have your car for part of your stay, the hotel will charge only for the days you're parking the car, but you have to explain it when you check in and it wouldn't hurt to do it at check out, too. We rented a car from Alamo at the Swolphin (can never remember which one has the rental) for a couple of days to go over to the space center.

I think if you do not use Magical Express you will be charged a parking fee now (someone correct me if this rule is not in effect)
Not saying this is the norm, but I was charged for parking when transferring on a split-stay. I did online check-in and took a Minnie Van from my first resort to my second resort. When I called billing to question it, the CM noted that I had no DME reservation for arrival (in a snippy tone) and I replied right back that I paid for a Minnie Van and had my Lyft receipt. The CM said I did not need to send it to her and waived the charges.

Even if you do arrive via DME I would check whether or not you were accidentally charged parking. Things happen and it is easier to handle it with the front desk before arriving home!

This is correct. The parking fee is for people parking their cars (owned, rental, whatever) while they are resort guests. They do not charge taxis or rideshare cars just for drop offs and pick ups. With the parking fee, if you'll only have your car for part of your stay, the hotel will charge only for the days you're parking the car, but you have to explain it when you check in and it wouldn't hurt to do it at check out, too. We rented a car from Alamo at the Swolphin (can never remember which one has the rental) for a couple of days to go over to the space center.

I had heard recently that if you did not have a Magical Express reservation/check in for it, you would be charged parking. Sorry what I typed was semi-confusing. I know that if you use lyft/uber there is no parking charge, but I thought if you avoid coming in with Magical Express you may get hit with a parking fee.

Not saying this is the norm, but I was charged for parking when transferring on a split-stay. I did online check-in and took a Minnie Van from my first resort to my second resort. When I called billing to question it, the CM noted that I had no DME reservation for arrival (in a snippy tone) and I replied right back that I paid for a Minnie Van and had my Lyft receipt. The CM said I did not need to send it to her and waived the charges.

Even if you do arrive via DME I would check whether or not you were accidentally charged parking. Things happen and it is easier to handle it with the front desk before arriving home!

Yes, this is what I have heard from others as well. Not having a magical express ressie/not using it could ding you automatically with parking fees. Now I am off to see if I bookmarked or have info on where I read/saw that or if I am just loco. :)

I had heard recently that if you did not have a Magical Express reservation/check in for it, you would be charged parking. Sorry what I typed was semi-confusing. I know that if you use lyft/uber there is no parking charge, but I thought if you avoid coming in with Magical Express you may get hit with a parking fee.

Yes, this is what I have heard from others as well. Not having a magical express ressie/not using it could ding you automatically with parking fees. Now I am off to see if I bookmarked or have info on where I read/saw that or if I am just loco. :)

There was a theead a few weeks ago about this. The bottom like was that it does happen but shouldn’t, and those incorrectly charged were able to have the charge(s) removed, best to check your folio before you leave just in case.

There was a theead a few weeks ago about this. The bottom like was that it does happen but shouldn’t, and those incorrectly charged were able to have the charge(s) removed, best to check your folio before you leave just in case.

Thanks! I was just reading that now. So I was only semi crazy. Thanks for clarifying!

Sitting by the pool sipping a pina colava! (Just transferred from CSR). We had no problem finding a lounge in the shade at noon. I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by Minnie and Goofy as we entered. I also found the poolside lockers for the first time in a number of trips. They are visible from the pool, but not so much from outside the pool. They are very helpful to stash our park bags as we wait for our room to be ready.

Sitting by the pool sipping a pina colava! (Just transferred from CSR). We had no problem finding a lounge in the shade at noon. I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by Minnie and Goofy as we entered. I also found the poolside lockers for the first time in a number of trips. They are visible from the pool, but not so much from outside the pool. They are very helpful to stash our park bags as we wait for our room to be ready.

Caution - I have heard that if the pool area gets closed, you cannot access the poolside lockers. I don't know what the weather is like, and I don't know if they close the pool area if there are thunderstorms, but I just wanted to mention it.

I have a water view room booked, and I usually use touring plans to see what choices are available. When i go to the touring plans map they don't have a choice for water view that isn't CL, so i assumed that their Pool/Lake 2 Queen beds would be what I need. But when i choose that it doesn't show any rooms in that category?! Does anyone have experience with touring plans and this category?

Also, as an aside, is it true that if I pay the price for water view I might be looking at the quiet pool? I'm sorry, while that isn't a bad view it doesn't compare to a crescent lake view and the prices should not be the same. I would rather just pay less and have a standard view for this short trip, but it's all that is available with an AP discount so I want to get and enjoy what I pay for - which wouldn't be the quiet pool LOL.

I have a water view room booked, and I usually use touring plans to see what choices are available. When i go to the touring plans map they don't have a choice for water view that isn't CL, so i assumed that their Pool/Lake 2 Queen beds would be what I need. But when i choose that it doesn't show any rooms in that category?! Does anyone have experience with touring plans and this category?

Also, as an aside, is it true that if I pay the price for water view I might be looking at the quiet pool? I'm sorry, while that isn't a bad view it doesn't compare to a crescent lake view and the prices should not be the same. I would rather just pay less and have a standard view for this short trip, but it's all that is available with an AP discount so I want to get and enjoy what I pay for - which wouldn't be the quiet pool LOL.
When you choose that room type did you have any other options chosen? I just looked and was able to see rooms in that category, although you have to click on the resort before you see the options highlighted in red. Hopefully that helps!

When you choose that room type did you have any other options chosen? I just looked and was able to see rooms in that category, although you have to click on the resort before you see the options highlighted in red. Hopefully that helps!
No, I made sure and I did see the YC blinking red, but I clicked on it and checked each floor and none were highlighted. But I'll try again and triple check everything! Knowing you saw it does make me think I messed up somehow, but I use this function all of the time and the only time I've ever had nothing show up was they apparently don't have TP picks for all of the categories and having that clicked can cause no matches to show up. Off to try again :)

ETA they are there this time! :sad2: I don't know if I was going crazy or if there was a glitch, but thanks for checking so I at least knew to go back and try again!

No, I made sure and I did see the YC blinking red, but I clicked on it and checked each floor and none were highlighted. But I'll try again and triple check everything! Knowing you saw it does make me think I messed up somehow, but I use this function all of the time and the only time I've ever had nothing show up was they apparently don't have TP picks for all of the categories and having that clicked can cause no matches to show up. Off to try again :)

ETA they are there this time! :sad2: I don't know if I was going crazy or if there was a glitch, but thanks for checking so I at least knew to go back and try again!
No problem! Glad you were able to get it to work!

I understand your desire for a Crescent Lake Water View Room.
However it is true that water view rooms may be the quiet view pool rooms. So you are not too disappointed, if you gets this view, you ARE getting what you paid for

I understand your desire for a Crescent Lake Water View Room.
However it is true that water view rooms may be the quiet view pool rooms. So you are not too disappointed, if you gets this view, you ARE getting what you paid for
Oh I understood that, I just don’t agree. I would never pay more for a quiet pool view, I would pay more for a lake view room or a lake view past a SAB view. I don’t feel they should be in the same category.

Oh I understood that, I just don’t agree. I would never pay more for a quiet pool view, I would pay more for a lake view room or a lake view past a SAB view. I don’t feel they should be in the same category.

I agree! That’s why I kept looking for a Standard View opening- probably tried 3 dozen times over 6 weeks and one finally popped up- while a view would be a phenomenal perk- only a lake view would be that ‘sigh- what a wonderful world” kind of vibe- a view of the pool would only bring horrible memories of swimsuit shopping. 😂😂 can you still look for a Standard View? If not, I’m sure you could just request a lake view over other preferences and have a good chance.

I agree! That’s why I kept looking for a Standard View opening- probably tried 3 dozen times over 6 weeks and one finally popped up- while a view would be a phenomenal perk- only a lake view would be that ‘sigh- what a wonderful world” kind of vibe- a view of the pool would only bring horrible memories of swimsuit shopping. 😂😂 can you still look for a Standard View? If not, I’m sure you could just request a lake view over other preferences and have a good chance.
We have around 2 weeks, and I will keep checking. I hadn’t been looking long, but all I had ever seen with the AP discount was water view CL and then the water view I snagged, so I don’t expect to find a SV. I think if I do I would take it since we’ll be at MNSSHP one of our 2 nights, up early the middle day for our SWGE preview, and the next am ME will pick us up around 8:00- so not much time to enjoy the view this trip!

Caution - I have heard that if the pool area gets closed, you cannot access the poolside lockers. I don't know what the weather is like, and I don't know if they close the pool area if there are thunderstorms, but I just wanted to mention it.
Keep in mind that if you should find yourself in this position all you need to do is notify a CM and someone will assist you as soon as it is safe to go to the locker area.

~NM

Yes, we ran into that problem on our departure day a couple weeks ago. We had stuff in the locker as we were swimming in the am and then showering at the pool showers once we were already kicked out of our room. While I was showering my girls they closed the pool and once they close it's locked and you can't get back in. We ended up having to go DS in different shoes than what we had planned, but thankfully the pool reopened before we had to catch the ME that night, but def. something to think about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!