Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Teena: How are you feeling today? I hope better so you can enjoy the next day before work on Sunday!!!

Sort of sore all over face. But not too bad. Swollen a little too. Pain isn't bad enough to take pain meds. On antibiotics for a week. I think the actual root canals aren't painful ... it's all the needles and my jaw from being kept open for so long. Definitely less painful than I anticipated!!! Thanks for asking. Counting down the days until our flight to Copenhagen!!!

Thanks for the new thread Dee!

We arrived at YC a few hours ago, currently relaxing at SAB while we wait for our room to be ready. First time here, and we are in LOVE! The resort is just gorgeous and the pool is amazing!!! I was a bit nervous about venturing off the monorail....not anymore!!

My only "complaint" so far is that I've been sitting next to 5 chairs with towels for quite a bit, and have seen no owners. Might be time to go all " Ninja Mom" :) :)
I'll be there tomorrow... I'll help you with chair piggy patrol-lol. I'll be at BC, but I hope I get lucky like you on the view...it will probably be a roof top. I'm actually turning onto Vineland right now -yay... A night of shopping with DD16:)

I'll be there tomorrow... I'll help you with chair piggy patrol-lol. I'll be at BC, but I hope I get lucky like you on the view...it will probably be a roof top. I'm actually turning onto Vineland right now -yay... A night of shopping with DD16:)
Yay yay yay!! Enjoy!

It's good to be here at our new home. Feeling good this morning ... love those pain pills. Bob and I are off to do some food shopping and then taking it easy until work on Sunday and Monday. My face is swollen on the left side but other than that, feel pretty darn good. After kidney stones, the four canal jobs are pretty easy!! (I'm knocking on wood though to be on the safe side.)

Thanks Dee for taking such good care of us!!!!

Talked to Lily last night. She is excited about her upcoming trip to Florida and made me go into her bedroom here and tell her exactly which Princess Dresses were in her closet.

For those who have been following Lily's dancing ... she has been taking ballet and tap for the past few months and loves it (Jeanne had a groupon). First recital is scheduled for Thursday night ... day before they fly here for their summer trip in late June. Well the costumes came in. Tigers. Can you say UGLY? It's a beige body suit with fur on the chest. Looks like she has a hairy chest. Then arm length gloves with fur on them, a waist ban with fur, ankle bans with fur and a round ring of fur for her head. She pitched a fit once it was on. Won't wear it ... so dance is over ... recital is not happening for her ... and Jeanne will have her start soccer in the Fall (much to Jeanne's happiness). Of course, she will probably insist on wearing one of her princess dresses while kicking around the soccer ball. And for the recital, they told Jeanne that she had to pull Lily's hair back in a tight bun and put makeup on her (eye, cheek and lipstick). Have you seen her hair? It's short and super curly ... no way it's going to go into a bun and Jeanne said no 3 year old is wearing makeup!!

Jeanne is definitely a mom I respect! Clearly she had a good role model with you. :)

Please put us down for Sept 27-Oct 3 in a standard view room. No CL this time after a bad experience last time. However can't wait to return to our beloved BC and that awesome pool. We stayed this month at the BWI and the room was amazing but the pool was just okay. Cannot wait to be back in SAB!! We missed Teena this last trip we went by but she was not working :(

One of my high school friends is staying at the swan/dolphin right now and got upgraded to the presidential suite. There's a PIANO in the middle of their hotel room. Some people have the best luck!

~Cari~ pluto:

Please put us down for Sept 27-Oct 3 in a standard view room. No CL this time after a bad experience last time. However can't wait to return to our beloved BC and that awesome pool. We stayed this month at the BWI and the room was amazing but the pool was just okay. Cannot wait to be back in SAB!! We missed Teena this last trip we went by but she was not working :(

As of now, I should be working that Sunday and Monday while you are there and hopefully we can meet and chat!!!!

After a root canal, all wisdom teeth pulled and the pulling and tugging of wearing braces for four years I am very sympathetic to your experience, Teena!! Hopefully you won't be all puffy and swollen when we meet next weekend!

@Dispro1 and @Cluelyss are there now so we are only 7 days away!!! Started getting our supply of Disney hats together tonight!

After a root canal, all wisdom teeth pulled and the pulling and tugging of wearing braces for four years I am very sympathetic to your experience, Teena!! Hopefully you won't be all puffy and swollen when we meet next weekend!

@Dispro1 and @Cluelyss are there now so we are only 7 days away!!! Started getting our supply of Disney hats together tonight!

I'll be fine I'm sure. Looking forward to meeting up with you!!!!

I actually did post the latest news we have on Page 1, Post 1 of this thread:

Late May:
Beach Club 3rd Floor is Done!!!
Work commencing on Beach Club 2nd Floor.
Still no reports that work has started at BCV.

Do you know what side of the hotel that they have started working on?

This may be a silly question but we will be staying at bc in September. My question is we will be traveling with a 21 month old and a 7 month old. Now do they have to wear their Magic bands to get into SAB ? Or can I wear or on backpack? Or is it to leave behind? I'm just kinda worried the older will take off and lose it at some point on trip. It obviously has no ticket connected but this is the only place I kinda thought I may really need it. Any experience?

page 2-5

Well, at least I am (currently) caught up on this thread!

I still need to go back to the locked one for about 13 pages and do some "sweeping" there- I have missed :welcoming: a few of our friends. If you posted a question over there that wasn't answered, feel free to repost here.

In off-topic news, I purchased a 12-cup coffee maker for my trip to ASMo in about a week! I was going to get a smaller one, but the other chaperones caught wind of my plans and want in on the morning brew. I have already arranged to leave it at bell services for someone who is checking in the day after I leave. Sharing the caffeine.

:coffee:

I'm excited because one of the teachers who is organizing this trip and was featured in my Disneyland trip report (we were there at the same time for one day, but never managed to meet up) will be staying at the Beach Club with his family after the class trip. He is one of my boys' favorite teachers of all time, his wife is also a teacher at the middle school and one of his daughters is in Ben's class. I am so happy to have them stay at my favorite resort!

:teacher:

Please add our trip to the Be Our Guest list! Just scheduled our grandkids' first trip (they are two year old twins!) September 12-20 of this year! We are staying Club Level at the Beach Club!

Thanks!

:welcome:

Will do!!! What a magical trip that will be!

:woohoo:

Thanks for the "Open for Business" Dee.

We all know you have a ton of stuff on your plate but I'm sure glad it didn't happen while you were away on your trip..... Dee knowing Y&BC Thread is down and she can't edit>>>>>>.:eek: :eek: :eek: .<<<<<<<

You got THAT right!!!

::yes::

After much difficulty and days of checking the website we were finally able to reduce our Poly stay to 4 days and come home to BC for the remaining 4!! Yay We will be visiting on June 10th. I won't rehash it here but the new restrictions on modifying resort stays almost squashed our BC stay, almost...but perseverance won out.

On another note, thank you for setting up the new thread

I'll make the adjustment on the Be Our Guest list.

:cheer2:

ETA- This is from your post on the locked thread: We are taking a trip 6/6-6/13 to Disney. So are your dates now June 6-10 Poly and June 10-13 BC?

And for the recital, they told Jeanne that she had to pull Lily's hair back in a tight bun and put makeup on her (eye, cheek and lipstick). Have you seen her hair? It's short and super curly ... no way it's going to go into a bun and Jeanne said no 3 year old is wearing makeup!!

I only have a boy and he was never interested so I never had to deal with the dance thing but I agree, 3 yr olds shouldn't be required to wear makeup. Craziness. Hope she enjoys soccer! My son loves soccer.

:rotfl:

I can totally relate! The only time I have worn makeup is for one of my proms, my wedding and on stage. My sons have been in more plays than I have, so they have actually worn more makeup in their lives than I have!

:blush:

Before moving to FL we stayed at BC/BCV many times. We always enjoyed the greeting we got from Art. I know he retired a few years ago and I'm wondering if anybody knows how he's enjoying his retirement.

Thanks for asking this. :goodvibes:

Talked to him at length about 4 weeks ago. He is doing wonderful and loving retirement!!! He looks about ten years younger. He's been gone from the BC almost four years now.

Thanks for the answer. That is great to hear! :cool2:

Here now at the Yacht Club now - I just need ya'll to say some encouraging words to get the magic back in our trip. I found a roach in our bathroom on our first morning here that ran under the vanity and buried itself in the carpet. CM in the AM requested pest control, and pm CM moved us to a new room at our request. I wrote a letter and the manager called me this morning. However, I am just still creeped out and feeling blue because in 30+ nights at various level accommodations in Orlando during the last year as AP holders, this is the only time we've had this experience. This was supposed to be our luxury stay- - not so much! I am bummed because at this point, I can not recommend a stay in YC. It feels dated. Maybe after a refurb and if the pest control issue is resolved as the manager assured me it would be. But for me, I've lost the magic.

So sorry your trip got off to a bad start. I hope the rest of your trip is nothing but magical!!!

pixiedust:

Thanks for the new thread Dee!

We arrived at YC a few hours ago, currently relaxing at SAB while we wait for our room to be ready. First time here, and we are in LOVE! The resort is just gorgeous and the pool is amazing!!! I was a bit nervous about venturing off the monorail....not anymore!!

My only "complaint" so far is that I've been sitting next to 5 chairs with towels for quite a bit, and have seen no owners. Might be time to go all " Ninja Mom" :) :)

Room was totally worth the wait! Requested high floor with a view of the gazebo, please, and boy did they deliver! Here's the view from room 4095:
View attachment 99758
Edit: have a pic of the gazebo view, too, which is apparently too large to upload :(

Thanks for letting us know about the start to your trip!

Awesome view!

Do not talk to me about Cheerios !!! He's not coeliac they said, should tolerate wheat and everything they said so I put tiny plastic box of Cheerios as healthy break in his lunchbox in Wednesday because he didn't want an apple and I was out of ideas for healthy snack! 2 hours later phone call from school and 1 sick 8 year old home with headache and glands the size of golf balls. Thank goodness for the miracle that is piriton. All better now but arghh for not being able to eat Cheerios :( with or with flies in them lol

So sorry to hear this. Poor little guy!

:sad2:

Finally heading back to the Beach Club!! My son wanted to go over Labor Day weekend with his children, and of course Jim and I have to go!! Jim and I are going to be there longer, the 3-10. Very excited to see the new club level lounge and spend time relaxing.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

Have a fantastic trip!

:goodvibes:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

ETA- I had you on the list already, Sept 23-29 YC, but I changed that.

One of my high school friends is staying at the swan/dolphin right now and got upgraded to the presidential suite. There's a PIANO in the middle of their hotel room. Some people have the best luck!

~Cari~ pluto:

Wow!!!! That is so cool!

Do you know what side of the hotel that they have started working on?

I'm not positive but I think they have been starting on the EPCOT side. Maybe we will get a report from some of our friends who are staying there this weekend.

:)

This may be a silly question but we will be staying at bc in September. My question is we will be traveling with a 21 month old and a 7 month old. Now do they have to wear their Magic bands to get into SAB ? Or can I wear or on backpack? Or is it to leave behind? I'm just kinda worried the older will take off and lose it at some point on trip. It obviously has no ticket connected but this is the only place I kinda thought I may really need it. Any experience?

My understanding is that it needs to be with you, but not on your child(ren). Some people do attach their MBs to a bag. I would just be cautious about leaving it unattended while at the pool.

:goodvibes:

Last edited:
page 2-5...Some people do attach their MBs to a bag. I would just be cautious about leaving it unattended while at the pool.
Sage advice here folks. Remember, just because you are at the happiest place in the world doesn't make it any less safer from those who like to gain their happiness at your expense. Please be careful out there with your valuables. I don't want to be reading any reports from my friends here on this thresd about items being "lost" while unattended.
Katesdad

Sage advice here folks. Remember, just because you are at the happiest place in the world doesn't make it any less safer from those who like to gain their happiness at your expense. Please be careful out there with your valuables. I don't want to be reading any reports from my friends here on this thresd about items being "lost" while unattended.
Katesdad
Thanks and yes I figured not to leave them unattended but wasn't sure if SAB would be so strict as to say they belonged to anyone if not actually on the children. We went last year with the oldest but didn't think to pay attention to what other families were doing with children around this age. All kinds of new things to think with such little travelers

page 2-5

I'm excited because one of the teachers who is organizing this trip and was featured in my Disneyland trip report (we were there at the same time for one day, but never managed to meet up) will be staying at the Beach Club with his family after the class trip. He is one of my boys' favorite teachers of all time, his wife is also a teacher at the middle school and one of his daughters is in Ben's class. I am so happy to have them stay at my favorite resort!

:teacher:
:

I totally get this. If I can't stay at BC year-round myself, I like to get excited about others who are staying there!

That would gross me out too, but it's Florida and I guess there are going to be bugs...just NOT in the rooms! Don't let it put a damper on your trip....you probably have bugs in your yard at home too...it's just that we always want it to be perfect cause we don't get there near often enough.

Remember that Mickey and Minnie are MICE, and we don't want any of THEM in our rooms either! Trying to be encouraging here...is it working? ;)
Thank you for the encouragement. Yes, in Middle TN, we do have bugs outside in our yard. I'm a gardener, so I am not naive about what lurks in the bushes and in the grass. :O) I do not want them in my bathroom or bedrooms though.
FYI for other posters who replied to my msg - Palmetto bugs ARE Florida cockroaches. This was a regular roach. Roaches of all kinds can carry salmonella and other intestinal born illnesses. They are inside a building if the pest control border is not sufficient and they have a food source and water source. Water source was apparently our bathroom - food source, who knows! We're on the 3rd floor in the middle of the building overlooking the quiet pool. He didn't casually end up in the bathroom. It's not like we were on the first floor and he found his way in from a flowerbed. If you have roaches in your house even after pest control comes, you should really call them back. They need to find the source of the problem.
We had a lovely day in Epcot and watched the movie on the beach. Getting better, but still creeped out.

Thanks and yes I figured not to leave them unattended but wasn't sure if SAB would be so strict as to say they belonged to anyone if not actually on the children. We went last year with the oldest but didn't think to pay attention to what other families were doing with children around this age. All kinds of new things to think with such little travelers

When we were there with Lily ... she was about 23 months and magic bands were in full force, she had to have one to get in. We put it on her ankle and told her if she took it off, we had to go home. That worked and still works. She knows the whole time she is at Disney, if she takes off the magic band, we leave immediately. It's Mickey's rules.

P.S. If a child gets separated from their parents, a CM can pull up your reservation information from the magic band and obtain a cell phone number, etc. That's my main reason for making Lily always keep it on. We all sleep with them, shower with them, swim with them. Once we check-in, they never come off until we get home and then I have to tell Lily that Mickey says we are home and it's ok to take it off. I would be extremely uncomfortable leaving a magic band unattended although without the pin number, it is really harmless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter