Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I would keep the ground floor request since you enjoy the patio so much. All the rooms should be refurbished by then and the new shear curtains give a lot of privacy. They are really nice. There are too many garden view/woods view rooms with only a standing balcony to take a chance of not being able to sit out and enjoy your coffee. We are running 50/50 with our requests for a full balcony, which means a request doesn't improve our odds at all. :(

Thanks, Sue!

Here now at the Yacht Club now - I just need ya'll to say some encouraging words to get the magic back in our trip. I found a roach in our bathroom on our first morning here that ran under the vanity and buried itself in the carpet. CM in the AM requested pest control, and pm CM moved us to a new room at our request. I wrote a letter and the manager called me this morning. However, I am just still creeped out and feeling blue because in 30+ nights at various level accommodations in Orlando during the last year as AP holders, this is the only time we've had this experience. This was supposed to be our luxury stay- - not so much! I am bummed because at this point, I can not recommend a stay in YC. It feels dated. Maybe after a refurb and if the pest control issue is resolved as the manager assured me it would be. But for me, I've lost the magic.

Here now at the Yacht Club now - I just need ya'll to say some encouraging words to get the magic back in our trip. I found a roach in our bathroom on our first morning here that ran under the vanity and buried itself in the carpet. CM in the AM requested pest control, and pm CM moved us to a new room at our request. I wrote a letter and the manager called me this morning. However, I am just still creeped out and feeling blue because in 30+ nights at various level accommodations in Orlando during the last year as AP holders, this is the only time we've had this experience. This was supposed to be our luxury stay- - not so much! I am bummed because at this point, I can not recommend a stay in YC. It feels dated. Maybe after a refurb and if the pest control issue is resolved as the manager assured me it would be. But for me, I've lost the magic.

That would gross me out too, but it's Florida and I guess there are going to be bugs...just NOT in the rooms! Don't let it put a damper on your trip....you probably have bugs in your yard at home too...it's just that we always want it to be perfect cause we don't get there near often enough.

Remember that Mickey and Minnie are MICE, and we don't want any of THEM in our rooms either! Trying to be encouraging here...is it working? ;)

Last edited:
Found you Dee. Took my lunch break to catch up. Thanks for the move and all the work to pull this together. We owe you a couple Sunken Treasures for this.

As far as the unwanted room guest, sorry about that but as was prevoulsy, suggested, it's Florida. Just don't look too cloesly in the bushes or flowers, the snakes might startle you. Boy you hear stories about this stuff happening all the time and you always hope it doesn't happen to you. But it sounds like they are trying to help out which I know it really doesn't because you will be spending the rest of your time there looking and wondering. I am really sorry about that.
Katesdad

After trips to Puerto Rico and Central America critters don't bother me in hotel rooms. I sort of expect it when I go to Florida too.

Try not to let it bother you. It seems that YC is really trying to make it right by moving your room.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Thanks for the new thread Dee!

We arrived at YC a few hours ago, currently relaxing at SAB while we wait for our room to be ready. First time here, and we are in LOVE! The resort is just gorgeous and the pool is amazing!!! I was a bit nervous about venturing off the monorail....not anymore!!

My only "complaint" so far is that I've been sitting next to 5 chairs with towels for quite a bit, and have seen no owners. Might be time to go all " Ninja Mom" :) :)

Speaking of crawlies....which is kind of yucky for some, so maybe just stop reading here....

One trip when I was there with my SIL and her adult DD, (their FIRST trip to WDW!!) in April, the weather was nice and warm and the little critters were out doing what they do.... We were staying at French Quarter, and our room was a bit of a walk from the bus stop.

(STOP HERE IF YOU DON'T LIKE CREEPY CRAWLIES!)

One night after a late night at a park, we got off the bus and followed the sidewalk back to our rooms - we were exhausted, and not paying real close attention, UNTIL I realized that the big blobs I was seeing on the sidewalks were HUGE SLUGS!!! Now, as you may have guessed, I'm not squeamish when it comes to nature, and crawly things (with a couple of exceptions!) don't bother me - but I almost gagged when I saw that some other poor tired soul had stepped on one and squished it! Now that was even too much for me... :scared1::faint:

But true to Disney form, by the time we wandered back to the bus in the morning, all evidence of them were GONE - washed away - much easier to think about morning muffins then - thanks to the diligent groundskeepers!

We arrived at YC a few hours ago, currently relaxing at SAB while we wait for our room to be ready. First time here, and we are in LOVE! The resort is just gorgeous and the pool is amazing!!! I was a bit nervous about venturing off the monorail....not anymore!!

My only "complaint" so far is that I've been sitting next to 5 chairs with towels for quite a bit, and have seen no owners. Might be time to go all " Ninja Mom" :) :)

I'm so glad to hear it! I'm nervous about venturing off the monorail, too, so this is making me even more excited! Keep the updates coming and have a great trip!

As for the roach (or what we South Carolinians call Palmetto Bugs,) like others have said...par for the course in Florida. Even though we live in SC and are "used to" them, it's part of the reason we prefer not to be on a ground floor. I've read way too many reports of WDW Guests finding snakes, mice, roaches, etc... :crazy2:

I'm in South Jersey and I get slugs in front of my townhouse. I'm in a development. They are creepy and ugly lol

Sorry ... they are palmetto bugs. They are all over here. We built a brand new home in 11 years ago and our first night in the brand new home ... no one had ever lived here ... we had it built ... I got up and walked into the kitchen and saw two of them dive under the cabinets. They don't freak me out anymore ... they are everywhere. We have tubes in the walls and quarterly bug spray into the tubes by a company and it's just part of life here. We were staying at the Grand Floridian last year and one was in the room. I trapped it and put it outside. Sorry it happened to you and I sure hope the rest of your stay gets better!

I'll take a palmetto bug over a snake any day!

My in-laws used to live in Hilton Head - had their house built so brand new too. My MIL is an absolute clean freak, her house looks like a model house. Yup - they had to have the exterminator every few months too.

It's the south - they just are there.

A number of years ago, when I was a teenager, I was staying with my parents at a SE FL hotel; we were in connecting rooms. As I was climbing in to bed, I just happened to glance over at the wall, next to the bed, and saw what looked like something from a horror movie; it was, I found out later, a palmetto bug. I remember it being about the size of an infant's hand.

Being from the Midwest, we had never seen this kind of creature, before. Needless to say, I did not sleep in my room, that night, and the next morning we moved to a different hotel. Of course, the hotel said they were harmless.

Even though I would now probably recognize one, it's not something I would want to see in a hotel room, again; once was more than enough. :scared:

Well it could be WORSE! At least you don't have flies riding Cheerios in your kiddie pool. :crazy2:

Just know that they do pest control at the resort on a regular basis and that your little friend is probably on his way to bug heaven by now.
~NM

Do not talk to me about Cheerios !!! He's not coeliac they said, should tolerate wheat and everything they said so I put tiny plastic box of Cheerios as healthy break in his lunchbox in Wednesday because he didn't want an apple and I was out of ideas for healthy snack! 2 hours later phone call from school and 1 sick 8 year old home with headache and glands the size of golf balls. Thank goodness for the miracle that is piriton. All better now but arghh for not being able to eat Cheerios :( with or with flies in them lol

Thanks for moving us into permanent digs, Dee!

Buzzy--thanks on the update in your family. Let us know if you convince the wife to start that home brewery!

Finally heading back to the Beach Club!! My son wanted to go over Labor Day weekend with his children, and of course Jim and I have to go!! Jim and I are going to be there longer, the 3-10. Very excited to see the new club level lounge and spend time relaxing.

OK, best new saying this week!!!

Another week down. Slowly, slowly getting closer to my week "back home" Been stalking the threads looking for Crowd pics of the theme parks during September!!! It's pretty pathetic. changed ADR's....over and over. Seems like our FP scheduling time can't get here fast enough.

Even headed over to "page 1" to see the pics of the resort....AGAIN.

Teena: How are you feeling today? I hope better so you can enjoy the next day before work on Sunday!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!