Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

One reminder for when you go: with an ECV, you will need to exit from the lobby (not really that far) to use the ramp. All of the other exits down the hall open to steps. There are photos ion the first page as well from Beach Club rooms as well. They were not necessarily handicapped accessible, but show that ECV’s fit in the rooms fairy well. We needed the roll in shower since Pop (88) broke his leg last year and uses a wheelchair now instead of a cane in the room.

Thanks for the response! I'm assuming we won't travel to WDW again until most of the resorts have reopened, park hopping is allowed, and the Monorail and Skyliner resume normal service. In the past, traveling without my dad, we have stayed at AKV, Poly, WL, and the Contemporary. I found the buses tedious when staying at AKV and WL, and that was when traveling without someone who would need an ECV accommodated. Yacht Club seems closest to the Friendship Boat launch for Epcot and HS at least, and those fit ECVs, so I'm leaning in that direction at the moment.

If anyone has accessible room/wing recommendations, I'm all ears! :earsboy:
FWIW, I think YC is a bit easier to navigate in terms of the hallways feeling a bit more spacious. It also feels like each time I stay at BC, the lobby is cluttered with people, displays, etc., much moreso than YC. Hope that helps

Would we be able to request a rollaway cot while staying in a 1 bedroom Villa? Booked a cash reservation through Disney and we will only have 4 people in the room. We would prefer three sleeping surfaces.

Hi all! I looks like our 5th reschdeduled trip for WDW in 2020 may actually happen in a few weeks! So I am trying to figure out a few things for YC - we will be renting a car for the very first time (we have always used Disney transport) so any tips for driving around WDW would be welcome.

Also, for morning coffee, what are my best options at YC these days? I'm not sure what is actually open vs. what I remember doing in years past.

Finally, if we order. groceries from GG will we be able to pick them up on arrival? We don't land at MCO until 10pm so it would be rather late. If not, no big deal, we can pack what we need for the most part I think. I wasn't sure how late we could do that these days.

Things seems so different since our Thanksgiving 2019 trip and I'm just trying to digest it all! Looking forward to a taste of the magic to help recharge my Disney batteries! Thanks for any tips!

Would we be able to request a rollaway cot while staying in a 1 bedroom Villa? Booked a cash reservation through Disney and we will only have 4 people in the room. We would prefer three sleeping surfaces.

The rule is that you are not supposed to be able to get a cot in a DVC room. I have read that people did have success when requesting one, but I think I read that twice in the past 10 years -- and that was at any DVC resort, not just BCV.

People who want another sleeping surface sometimes bring an air mattress and sheets. If the air mattress gets in the way during the day, they stand it up and lean it against something.

When people post on the Dis saying that they are considering a DVC room, my typical reply is to make sure they understand what the sleeping surfaces are. When a DVC room "sleeps" a certain number of people, that does not mean that each person gets a real bed; depending on the hotel, a sleeping surface can include a sofabed, a pull-down murphy bed of varying sizes, and a sleep chair. Also, it assumes that most sleeping surfaces are shared.

I love the 1-bedroom villas, but that's an awful lot of cash to pay if you are not happy with the sleeping surfaces.

Hi all! I looks like our 5th reschdeduled trip for WDW in 2020 may actually happen in a few weeks! So I am trying to figure out a few things for YC - we will be renting a car for the very first time (we have always used Disney transport) so any tips for driving around WDW would be welcome.

Also, for morning coffee, what are my best options at YC these days? I'm not sure what is actually open vs. what I remember doing in years past.

Finally, if we order. groceries from GG will we be able to pick them up on arrival? We don't land at MCO until 10pm so it would be rather late. If not, no big deal, we can pack what we need for the most part I think. I wasn't sure how late we could do that these days.

Things seems so different since our Thanksgiving 2019 trip and I'm just trying to digest it all! Looking forward to a taste of the magic to help recharge my Disney batteries! Thanks for any tips!

Hey @Ferrentinos - hope all is well and that this trip happens for you. I’ve been a few times since reopening and they have been great trips. Different, but great.

We’ve either been driving of flying/renting a car too. When there, we’ve been using a combo of Disney transport and driving ourselves, depending on the destination, conditions, etc. I’d like to think I know WDW property pretty well, but I still have to put the destination in Waze (or similar mapping app). Signage usually leads the way just fine, but I find with all the twists and turns (especially around the Epcot resorts and with all the newer roadways leading to DHS) I don’t mind having Waze as a guide too.

For morning coffee, I like the Keurigs in the YC rooms. The coffee is Joffrey’s, which to me is decent. I do prefer to make it with bottled water though, the tap water is kind of icky IMO. You can call housekeeping from the room and they’ll bring extras if needed. Otherwise The Market at Ale & Compass opens at 7am and you can get coffee there. They generally want you to mobile order, but if I’m not mistaken I think you can still walk-in as usual (I think, not totally sure).

We’ve been CL to GG converts during this mess. With GG you pick your delivery window, 8-12, 12-4, or 4-9. But you don’t need to be there so it doesn’t really matter. Bell Services will store things until you arrive (and keep refrigerated/frozen items in their coolers as needed). When you arrive, you can either pick them up yourselves or call from your room for delivery.

Caveat, I ‘assume’ (although don’t know for sure) that there will still be some form of Bell Services at that late hour. May be a skeleton crew or you have to ask at the front desk, but I don’t think they just shut down completely. Even these days people are often arriving/departing at all hours. Would love to know what you experience on your trip in case I’m really off here.

Side note, I was over-ambitious with my refrigerated items on our last stay a few months ago. The YC fridges are pretty darn tiny (and of course no freezers) - we could barely fit everything in.

For car rentals at MCO, in case you don’t know - they are only using the Terminal A side at the moment.

Hope that helps and hope you get to go!

Here is a copy of the post I made to the Yacht Club room view thread.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/post-62504145
Yacht Club room 4183
Water View
2 queens, a daybed, connecting door
overlooking lakeside entrance, convenient to elevator

We stayed at the Yacht Club from October 25th to 30th, 2020 in a water view room. Room #4183 was on the 4th floor, close to the main elevator, and had a full balcony. There was a tree directly below this room which wasn't tall enough to block the view of the lake, but gave us some privacy from the people walking in and out of the lobby doors. We spent a lot of time on the balcony and enjoyed the view very much. We saw some beautiful sunrises when we were there. The room was in a great location. I only took one picture of the room in order to show the layout. The bathroom had a tub with the sliding glass shower doors. It had a rain shower head and a wand shower head, which were both very nice.

room 4183
YC room 4183 WV.JPG

view from balcony

YC room view 4183 WV.JPG

yellow circle indicates room 4183 location

YC lakeside entrance room 4183 location.JPG

sunrise

sunrise from 4183 YC.JPG

Last edited:
Here is a copy of the post I made to the Yacht Club room view thread.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/post-62504145
Yacht Club room 4183
Water View
2 queens, a daybed, connecting door
overlooking lakeside entrance, convenient to elevator

We stayed at the Yacht Club from October 25th to 30th, 2020 in a water view room. Room #4183 was on the 4th floor, close to the main elevator, and had a full balcony. There was a tree directly below this room which wasn't tall enough to block the view of the lake, but gave us some privacy from the people walking in and out of the lobby doors. We spent a lot of time on the balcony and enjoyed the view very much. We saw some beautiful sunrises when we were there. The room was in a great location. I only took one picture of the room in order to show the layout. The bathroom had a tub with the sliding glass shower doors. It had a rain shower head and a wand shower head, which were booth very nice.

room 4183

view from balcony

yellow circle indicates room 4183 location

sunrise

Too funny, that was our room in October.

We had a bit of an issue with a funky room odor from the HVAC - at the time we suspected we might have been the first people in the room since reopening since it sort of had that stale/funky/hadn’t been lived in kind of smell. It never really did go away during our stay, but hopefully it has by now. :-)

We enjoyed the balcony and the views too!

Too funny, that was our room in October.

We had a bit of an issue with a funky room odor from the HVAC - at the time we suspected we might have been the first people in the room since reopening since it sort of had that stale/funky/hadn’t been lived in kind of smell. It never really did go away during our stay, but hopefully it has by now. :-)

We enjoyed the balcony and the views too!
I wondered if anyone from the Dis would have been in that exact same room. Yes, the room had a funky odor and we never could figure out where it was coming from. The odor was still there the last week of October. It makes sense, though, that it came from the HVAC, because the odor seemed to come and go rather than be there all the time. :)

I wondered if anyone from the Dis would have been in that exact same room. Yes, the room had a funky odor and we never could figure out where it was coming from. The odor was still there the last week of October. It makes sense, though, that it came from the HVAC, because the odor seemed to come and go rather than be there all the time. :)

Well that stinks (no pun intended), was hoping it was just an anomaly. Our trip was in early October.

I’ve never asked to change rooms before but I was pretty close with this one. I did talk to the front desk twice and maintenance came by twice. Sprayed some stuff in the HVAC unit and did some other work around it, but it didn’t help much.

DW and I seemed to think the smell was heaviest by the HVAC intake by the door - I didn’t really want to know what was causing it! 😷

We've stayed at the BC [July 2019] and we are going to BCV and YC in 2 weeks. I've wanted to try Ale & Compass but we just hadn't gotten around to it....yes? no? Opinions appreciated....TIA!

We've stayed at the BC [July 2019] and we are going to BCV and YC in 2 weeks. I've wanted to try Ale & Compass but we just hadn't gotten around to it....yes? no? Opinions appreciated....TIA!
We tried Ale & Compass for lunch last January and I liked it quite a bit but the rest of my family was kind of meh on it for some reason. They did really enjoy the Parker house rolls and the Buffalo cauliflower apps but I guess not enough to elevate it beyond “meh,” 😂. When we went in September we had breakfast there and everyone wants to do that again. The mini dark chocolate waffles were really amazing! We are still talking about them and I’m not even a “sweets” breakfast person. So yum!

We tried Ale & Compass for lunch last January and I liked it quite a bit but the rest of my family was kind of meh on it for some reason. They did really enjoy the Parker house rolls and the Buffalo cauliflower apps but I guess not enough to elevate it beyond “meh,” 😂...
....that's what I was afraid of...I was sensing that vibe too....I don't hear too many DISers raving about it - I guess that is why it was kinda easy to get an ADR in such short notice....

....that's what I was afraid of...I was sensing that vibe too....I don't hear too many DISers raving about it - I guess that is why it was kinda easy to get an ADR in such short notice....
I had dinner there this past Monday. It was on the good side of fine. Not outstanding, but neither was it disappointing. I did have very good service.

We did the breakfast buffet a couple years ago - it was one of the dining specials for Candlelight Processional entry. At that time, you could get stuff off the menu, like omlets or pancakes, in addition to the buffet, which was all well stocked and all yummy. Of course now, there is no buffet, but if I remember correctly, the stuff that my group of 6 ordered from the menu was pretty good. But it's kind of hard to mess up breakfast.... :)

If staying elsewhere, I'm not sure I'd make a special trip for it but we like it. I think the breakfast is great - I miss the pseudo buffet option with fruit, rolls, charcuterie etc. - but still like the main breakfast entrees. The Parker House rolls are :love: . And I think they may have one of the best burgers on property (also available via room service or in the lounge).

I had dinner there this past Monday. It was on the good side of fine. Not outstanding, but neither was it disappointing. I did have very good service.

I haven’t eaten there since Covid, but this would describe my experiences too. Pretty good/fresh food thoughtfully prepared, great service. It’s not one I come back raving about or a place I’d go out of my way to eat when at WDW, but it’s a perfectly good dining option IMO.

I also like the quieter atmosphere relative to the often busier WDW dining options and that it’s (usually) easy to get an ADR day of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter