Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

My fiancé and I live 15 mins from the AK area and booked a night at Yacht this week to “get away”. We are planning a beach wedding at HHI this summer so we have to watch our $$$ but needed an escape! Looking forward to SAB and relaxing for 2 days after a stressful fall at my school!

Im assuming SAB is open10-9 as it’s cooler weather now???

My fiancé and I live 15 mins from the AK area and booked a night at Yacht this week to “get away”. We are planning a beach wedding at HHI this summer so we have to watch our $$$ but needed an escape! Looking forward to SAB and relaxing for 2 days after a stressful fall at my school!

Im assuming SAB is open10-9 as it’s cooler weather now???
The hours listed yesterday were 10a-10p.

@natebenma the pool showers are closed, boo. Hopefully they open back up soon! I’ll check again on Friday.
No early morning coffee in the Solarium. I wish they still had that, I’m an early riser and 7am is way too late for my first cup
of coffee, lol. Staying in the Villas though it’s not a big deal.
Here are some pics of signs they had up in the lobby of BCV, the menu for the Marketplace and the sign about the closed showers. Just realized they are sideways. I’ll try to fix it later this evening. Hopefully making it to SAB this afternoon, I’ll report back!

Attachments

• C8AD9B96-2BFF-48A8-B66B-AE2CECEF8628.jpeg
    C8AD9B96-2BFF-48A8-B66B-AE2CECEF8628.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 90B74838-14AC-4040-B9F4-E3213320928B.jpeg
    90B74838-14AC-4040-B9F4-E3213320928B.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 42
  • 812D39BB-BB37-4936-8430-87F616D75E15.jpeg
    812D39BB-BB37-4936-8430-87F616D75E15.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 44
  • CA206D49-7F9E-4BBE-B2C1-88F31DFCFCD7.jpeg
    CA206D49-7F9E-4BBE-B2C1-88F31DFCFCD7.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 280C9EF2-71E4-462E-9DA7-789C25AA596D.jpeg
    280C9EF2-71E4-462E-9DA7-789C25AA596D.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 38

The hours listed yesterday were 10a-10p.

@natebenma the pool showers are closed, boo. Hopefully they open back up soon! I’ll check again on Friday.
No early morning coffee in the Solarium. I wish they still had that, I’m an early riser and 7am is way too late for my first cup
of coffee, lol. Staying in the Villas though it’s not a big deal.
Here are some pics of signs they had up in the lobby of BCV, the menu for the Marketplace and the sign about the closed showers. Just realized they are sideways. I’ll try to fix it later this evening. Hopefully making it to SAB this afternoon, I’ll report back!

Thank you so much for all of this great recon!!!

Don't worry about the sideways pictures. I can fix them and repost. I can't figure out how to correct that when I try to post pictures directly from my phone.

:thanks:

Please excuse my ignorance on this LOL, but are you not supposed to use pod laundry detergent in the washers at BCV? The exterior isn’t melting even when I’m washing on warm. I’m having to wash both loads multiple times. I can grab some liquid detergent in the gift shop but just wanted to check if I’m possibly using the incorrect setting.

Please excuse my ignorance on this LOL, but are you not supposed to use pod laundry detergent in the washers at BCV? The exterior isn’t melting even when I’m washing on warm. I’m having to wash both loads multiple times. I can grab some liquid detergent in the gift shop but just wanted to check if I’m possibly using the incorrect setting.

I’ve never tried a pod. If you want to buy detergent, you can check out the vending machines in the laundry rooms and compare to what is sold in the gift shop.

Page 1729-1730

My husband just surprised me with a weekend trip for our 22nd wedding anniversary next weekend. We were married 22 years ago on the day after Thanksgiving, November 27th. In particular, we are eating at Wine Bar George but again staying at our favorite YC. Here's the weird part.......we've been staying at YC since 2002 and I just realized we have never had a stay that did not include CL. I'm a little nervous about navigating my stay without the convenience of the lounge especially when it's a last minute trip like this. This should be very interesting!!

:wave2:

I'll add your anniversary trip to the Be Our Guest list.

Please let us know how your stay is and how well you are able to cope without Club Level.

:goodvibes

Just got back from our trip and all I can say is WOW. The Yacht Club is a phenomenal resort. From the rooms to the dining to the pool, it’s all wonderful. Really looking forward to returning soon for another stay here.

I am so happy to hear that you loved the resort!!!

:dogdance:

Anyone know if the Surrey bikes are out and for rent at the BC/YC? Was over on the Boardwalk this weekend and there were none. I know it is pretty dead over there. Bringing my Grandtinker in two weeks and would love to take a ride around the lake. Hoping BC/YC has them for rent so we can spend an afternoon riding around.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15. Are you staying at the Yacht Club or Beach Club Villas?

As others have noted, the surrey bikes are not currently available for rental.

::yes::

Well, today’s the day I pull the plug on vacation #4 2020. We won’t be at YC next week. :sad1: We’re essential workers in our 60s, DH has an underlying health issue. Even with NY’s new testing options, we would still have several days of quarantine when we get home. Our jobs have strict PTO / sick time requirements for leisure travel now which make traveling unrealistic. Plus I help care for my severely health compromised 88 year old mom several days a week. I can’t stay away for weeks & push more on my siblings because I want to go to Disney.

I’m thankful we have taken so many trips before this so we have great memories to look back on. And I keep hanging on the Disboards because it keeps me updated, planning & hopeful for our next trip. I have 3 trips booked so far for 2021. My DH will be 65 in January & is retiring in February. Our DS turns 40! (When did that happen?!) so we’ll be celebrating all that on a long weekend trip in March. We have a week booked already in April. And a quick 3 night stay @ AS Movies with DS & DDIL for the 50th. I expect to book our usual September trip just haven’t gotten around to it yet. I have lots of SW points & a companion pass so DH will fly free next year. Once we can travel again, I will be on the lookout for great airfare & hotel rates. I told DH since he’ll be retired, be ready for me to book quick, short trips if I do. I won’t even mind if the crowds are back by the time we go. :laughing:

I just can’t believe all the great ADRs that I have to go cancel........

So sorry to hear this!

2020 has had so much heartbreak and disappointment. Hoping that the situation will improve with the coming year so we all can start to have some normalcy again.

:grouphug:

Page 1729-1730

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15. Are you staying at the Yacht Club or Beach Club Villas?

As others have noted, the surrey bikes are not currently available for rental.
Actually staying at the Riv but was going to skyliner it over to ride the bikes.

Checking in tomorrow. Are the markets at yacht and beach the only place you can fill the mugs? Will they do it at Hurricane Hannah’s bar too? Thanks!

AK bus question. We have AK planned for Wednesday Dec 9th. What time do people start lining up for the first bus, 7am? TIA

@Best Aunt here are some pics of the Christmas decorations at the BCV. Sorry I didn’t get more but we were on our way to the parks.
Sorry they are sideways, lol.

Attachments

• E4B5ED03-04EF-4F7F-8A86-B220A970DEE8.jpeg
    E4B5ED03-04EF-4F7F-8A86-B220A970DEE8.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 4FC73FDB-DD3F-455D-B91F-A4115AB1C20F.jpeg
    4FC73FDB-DD3F-455D-B91F-A4115AB1C20F.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 5B39CF20-50BD-4304-9701-6BCEA21DCD9E.jpeg
    5B39CF20-50BD-4304-9701-6BCEA21DCD9E.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 26
  • 4ED62B00-D4A8-4661-B7B8-B8AE1BDF0CEC.jpeg
    4ED62B00-D4A8-4661-B7B8-B8AE1BDF0CEC.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 25
I’ve been using the laundry pods this whole trip without any issues. We use Persil detergent, I’ve washed loads in cold and hot and they have all dissolved. I wonder if your machine isn’t working. I know we have used them in the past too in the villas.

Not at WDW but in cold weather we dissolve the pod in a container first.

Since you already tried the warm water tip. Just want to make sure you are putting the pods in the back or bottom of the drum and not overloading the washer with clothes as that leaves less water to break down the pod.

From Tide:

Place the pac(s) at the back or bottom of the machine drum, not in the dispenser drawer. The number of pacs necessary depends on the load size. To guarantee superior performance, add two Tide PODS® pacs into the washing machine drum before you add clothes. Use one laundry pac for smaller loads or three for larger loads.

Dave

Hmmmm....

I don't think I ever posted these pictures after my October 2019 trip.

Some pictures could be outdated and a few are blurry, but I will link these to the Gift Shop/Marketplace post on Page 1.

::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts