Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

What does YMMV mean? My brain has clearly turned to mush and I can’t think what it is! :scared1: :rotfl:

Your Mileage May Vary. :-)

I’m guilty of using it a lot - mainly to say ‘this is what happened to me, you may not experience the same thing’ - since sometimes our Disney experiences (and opinions of such experiences) can vary at any given moment/person to person.

What does YMMV mean? My brain has clearly turned to mush and I can’t think what it is! :scared1: :rotfl:I’m sad the flatbreads are gone They were always a tasty poolside snack for us :(

I’m guilty of using it a lot - mainly to say ‘this is what happened to me, you may not experience the same thing’ - since sometimes our Disney experiences (and opinions of such experiences) can vary at any given moment/person to person.

A lot of US car sales advertisements have this phrase during their commercials:

They will mention an average gas mileage for the vehicle, like 30 miles per gallon highway, 25 city, your mileage may vary.

This has become a popular phrase that people use as GADisneyDad14 describes, and of course in these days of texting lingo: YMMV

:thumbsup2

The Market at Ale & Compass often “looked” quite busy with the line spilling into the hallway. We never ordered/bought anything there so I can’t comment on actual wait times.
Was there a few days prior to you and visited the Market often for refills and ordered a couple of meals. Kudos to the staff there, from the managers on down, for busting their butts for every guest. But that place is inadequate; it’s always been inadequate. In current climate, it’s horribly inadequate. I have a photo of 6 CMs crammed into the food prep area, trying to fill several orders while guests wait.

I like to do Poly/YC split stays, and the difference in the quick service experience is immense.

A lot of US car sales advertisements have this phrase during their commercials:

They will mention an average gas mileage for the vehicle, like 30 miles per gallon highway, 25 city, your mileage may vary.

This has become a popular phrase that people use as GADisneyDad14 describes, and of course in these days of texting lingo: YMMV

:thumbsup2
Thanks for the explanations. Much appreciated :thumbsup2

We arrive in 2 days! I didnt even realize beach club marketplace was reopening this week! Can anyone that is there confirm the day?! Also 2 more questions.... is the yacht club "store" open at the end of the hall at yacht club? Also is the lazy river open? Thanks everyone!

Enjoy your visit. Yes the Marketplace at Ale & Compass is open and the Marketplace at the BC is scheduled for this week.

And most certainly YES the lazy river is open at Storm Along Bay (SAB) and ready for your leisure floating.

Dave

Officially just switched over from BC to YC! Our dates are 1/3/2021-1/9/2021. We originally had a club level water view room in BC, booked but, still hoping they bring club back before we go. Still kinda torn on the switch because Beach Club our families favorite resort. Nonetheless SAB should be fun even in January! Question on room requests, has anyone ever tried using touring plans recommendation in requesting rooms? Is that actually a beneficial way to help the room assigner?

Officially just switched over from BC to YC! Our dates are 1/3/2021-1/9/2021. We originally had a club level water view room in BC, booked but, still hoping they bring club back before we go. Still kinda torn on the switch because Beach Club our families favorite resort. Nonetheless SAB should be fun even in January! Question on room requests, has anyone ever tried using touring plans recommendation in requesting rooms? Is that actually a beneficial way to help the room assigner?
I use touring plans room request for most of my trips, and it's been 50/50 so far. Some times it's right on the money, and other times it's 100% off from the area I requested (like, not anywhere near, they couldn't get further away from the request if they tried which happened at YC on my late August trip)

News: September 29, 2020
New Pumpkin Spiced Butter Pecan Shake at Beaches & Cream is a Spooky Sweet Treat

Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Club hits a homerun with Halloween Drink
Halloween fun by serving their new Pumpkin Spiced Butter Pecan Shake. Literally, this treat has emerged as “the icing on the cake” (well, actually the cupcake) for the soda shop this Halloween.
This delectable shake is a pumpkin-spiced butter pecan shake with chocolate sauce and orange icing topped with a pumpkin cupcake and decorated with assorted chocolate pieces.

Can anyone confirm the current hours for SAB please? Is it still 10am - 10pm? Thanks in advance!

AFAIK, and unless something has changed relatively recently, the 10am-10pm Disney resort feature pool hours that went into effect Labor Day weekend are all still in effect. I kept waiting for Disney to dial those down after that weekend, but from reports here and on other resort threads, that doesn't seem to have happened best I can tell.

So bummed that I just had to cancel my park trip & YC reservation for mid-October. 😔 Since my DD9 is back in person at school, we would have to quarantine for 2 weeks and do remote learning - no thank you!

On the bright side, I did just book a trip during Christmas break...unfortunately, not at YC due to the crazy high cost!

Random question: what are my chances of snagging a weekend at Beach Club? I have Friday and Sunday booked but the Saturday in November seems to be the tricky one! I just keep looking (this is through DVC)

I'd seen reports that the Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream was taken off the menu but then I'd seen reports that people have gotten it. Anyone have an update on that?

On a similar note, is there any outdoor seating there now - or will they pack your order to go? I'd love to get a Kitchen Sink if we could bring it outside and eat it - we just haven't started doing indoor dining yet.

Random question: what are my chances of snagging a weekend at Beach Club? I have Friday and Sunday booked but the Saturday in November seems to be the tricky one! I just keep looking (this is through DVC)

Confused - what are you trying to book?
Beach Club Resort
Beach Club Villas through DVC website or DVC Member Services
Beach Club Villas through Disney website or Disney phone number

And if Beach Club Villas - what size room? Studios always book up faster than 1-bedrooms because they are cheaper (both in dollars and in number of points required to book.)

I'd seen reports that the Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream was taken off the menu but then I'd seen reports that people have gotten it. Anyone have an update on that?

On a similar note, is there any outdoor seating there now - or will they pack your order to go? I'd love to get a Kitchen Sink if we could bring it outside and eat it - we just haven't started doing indoor dining yet.

Kitchen sink is still there. No outdoor seating and no take away, same as always.

You can get sundaes at the to-go window if you wanted to do that.

They probably wouldn't stop you if you got a reservation and ordered it, paid when it came, then left. Finding a spot to sit to eat it might be a challenge, but heck, sitting on the outside steps at Disney is better than not being at Disney, right? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!