Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have a Disney Fantasy Cruise booked 4/3-4/10. We are at BC from 4/1-4/3 before our trip. We decided that if cruises are still not running in December when our PIF is due we will cancel the cruise 😭 and do a split stay. What resort compliments BC?

Ok Folks..... Looks like I'm taking one for the team here.
*MickeyT July 19-25 BCV Sarah Jane's 2nd trip*

Looks like we are still on go, even with the restrictions. I would probably cancel if it was just the wife and I but we are taking my son's family. He and his wife works extremely hard to support their family and they have very little down time. They have both had career setbacks as kickers to this saga. The wife and I go to WDW 3-4 times a year. My son's family hasn't been on vacation since we were at BC 2 years ago. They (we) were so looking forward to this trip as a chance to just get away.

So that leads us to today forward......With all the Disney news/updates being thrown at us. My planning sheet torn to shreds. Thoughts of keeping a mask on a 4 year rebel. The unknown factors still out there. We are going to forge ahead. Not ideal by any stretch of the imagination but upward and onward.

Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist but I think Disney will go above and beyond to get this right. They can't really afford to get it wrong. Can you imagine thousands upon thousands of guest coming back screaming "That was terrible". I really think this had forced Disney to do a hard reset. Where they were throwing everything at us, from scaled back EMH's to parking fees, I think they now need us. Granted they are going to have to be very cautious coming out of the gate but in the long run, they DO need us. The customer.

So wish us luck as we forge ahead to a "Disney trip unlike any Disney trip we've ever had". Time will tell if that is good or bad.

Oh and one other thing. I get to make a new planning sheet!

Ok Folks..... Looks like I'm taking one for the team here.
*MickeyT July 19-25 BCV Sarah Jane's 2nd trip*

Looks like we are still on go, even with the restrictions. I would probably cancel if it was just the wife and I but we are taking my son's family. He and his wife works extremely hard to support their family and they have very little down time. They have both had career setbacks as kickers to this saga. The wife and I go to WDW 3-4 times a year. My son's family hasn't been on vacation since we were at BC 2 years ago. They (we) were so looking forward to this trip as a chance to just get away.

So that leads us to today forward......With all the Disney news/updates being thrown at us. My planning sheet torn to shreds. Thoughts of keeping a mask on a 4 year rebel. The unknown factors still out there. We are going to forge ahead. Not ideal by any stretch of the imagination but upward and onward.

Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist but I think Disney will go above and beyond to get this right. They can't really afford to get it wrong. Can you imagine thousands upon thousands of guest coming back screaming "That was terrible". I really think this had forced Disney to do a hard reset. Where they were throwing everything at us, from scaled back EMH's to parking fees, I think they now need us. Granted they are going to have to be very cautious coming out of the gate but in the long run, they DO need us. The customer.

So wish us luck as we forge ahead to a "Disney trip unlike any Disney trip we've ever had". Time will tell if that is good or bad.

Oh and one other thing. I get to make a new planning sheet!

I hope you guys have a wonderful, fun, relaxing trip full of pleasant surprises. Even pool time with the family will be great! Good luck and keep that great attitude :)

Ok ,
We are booked YC 7/31-8/8. Our fastpass day was supposed to be this Monday. With latest info it will now become our ADR day again?
Is Yacht even a resort opening? I have 5 1/2 day cabanas booked at Yacht Club. Are those experiences and will be wiped too?
BTW nothing has been removed from my account yet.

Attachments

• 15060654-6908-4FF0-A333-922560B26E36.png
    15060654-6908-4FF0-A333-922560B26E36.png
    200.9 KB · Views: 16
Llama Mama - that is our vacation dates too!

Well I guess those were our dates. I have been gone from the boards for a while. Mostly because I didn't want to deal with the reality. Honestly have been really dragging my feet on cancelling. I am from CT - so pretty much knew we would cancel as I don't really want to get on a plane yet and not sure that FL governor will lift the restrictions on travelers from our area.

But I wanted to wait until I saw what Disney's plans were before I made any final decisions. My first thoughts were wearing a mask in FL heat sounded miserable - but would dreams of lower crowds/capacities be a big enough draw. Well with the reduced hours and the limited dining/entertainment it is time to make the call. I just can't justify the expense anymore.

So sad as I really don't know when we will make it back. With kids activities as they get older we have limited time for vacations and I really want them to experience more of the country/world.

Now here is hoping that my flight gets cancelled so that I get a refund instead of me cancelling and having to take a credit.

Llama Mama - that is our vacation dates too!

Well I guess those were our dates. I have been gone from the boards for a while. Mostly because I didn't want to deal with the reality. Honestly have been really dragging my feet on cancelling. I am from CT - so pretty much knew we would cancel as I don't really want to get on a plane yet and not sure that FL governor will lift the restrictions on travelers from our area.

But I wanted to wait until I saw what Disney's plans were before I made any final decisions. My first thoughts were wearing a mask in FL heat sounded miserable - but would dreams of lower crowds/capacities be a big enough draw. Well with the reduced hours and the limited dining/entertainment it is time to make the call. I just can't justify the expense anymore.

So sad as I really don't know when we will make it back. With kids activities as they get older we have limited time for vacations and I really want them to experience more of the country/world.

Now here is hoping that my flight gets cancelled so that I get a refund instead of me cancelling and having to take a credit.
We are in a holding phase also.
This was going to be a girls only trip with my daughters. We had planned 5 1/2 day cabanas at YC and not sure if they will be wiped from our schedule. We hope we will get at least mornings are the parks of choice.
I will be anxiously awaiting reservation news.

We dearly love to park hop spending every evening walking at Epcot World showcase .

Only must haves is decent ADR choice and pool time. Everything else we can go with the flow.
But! I must admit , I did book a Universal vacation for the same time as our Disney. We will sit down as a family and review who will give us more bang for our buck . Then cancel one of them.
Stay safe....stay positive

Last edited:

We are in a holding phase also.
This was going to be a girls only trip with my daughters. We had planned 5 1/2 day cabanas at YC and not sure if they will be wiped from our schedule. We hope we will get at least mornings are the parks of choice.
I will be anxiously awaiting reservation news.

We dearly love to park hop spending every evening walking are Epcot World showcase .

Only must haves is decent ADR choice and pool time. Everything else we can go with the flow.
But! I must admit , I did book a Universal vacation for the same time as our Disney. We will sit down as a family and review who will give us more bang for our buck . Then cancel one of them.
Stay safe....stay positive
I’m wondering if universal might. Is it worth paying BC/YC prices if you 1) can’t use SAB and 2) can’t hop to Epcot or HS at night for a quick visit. Seems like a lot of money for a limited experience

I’m wondering if universal might. Is it worth paying BC/YC prices if you 1) can’t use SAB and 2) can’t hop to Epcot or HS at night for a quick visit. Seems like a lot of money for a limited experience
My scales of deciding towards Universal are even more , if I stay at Royal Pacific I am guaranteed in the park . Also they are still doing the Express pass and Volcano Bay is open . Disney is really making me nervous with shelling out all that money and no park entry guarantee.

My scales of deciding towards Universal are even more , if I stay at Royal Pacific I am guaranteed in the park . Also they are still doing the Express pass and Volcano Bay is open . Disney is really making me nervous with shelling out all that money and no park entry guarantee.
Totally don’t blame you. we stayed at royal pacific when we got engaged and it was a gorgeous hotel. I loved the boat ride to universal.

I think we'll get a great picture during the month of June. People are expecting severe spikes, deaths, etc because of Memorial Day weekend and all the pictures that went viral, plus adding opening of theme parks.

So if by June 30 the trends are still down, I can't imagine restrictions lasting long as there will be proof that it's going down while opening up greatly
I know there is talk about spikes, but it doesn't make sense to me. The virus dies quickly when exposed to light and heat, and humidity may hinder it as well. Orlando should be a safe place to be, except for people with lung issues and pre-existing conditions.

We will have to wait and see, since the parks have to prove they can manage whatever crowd they allow in. I'm guessing things should be much better by fall.

Ok ,
We are booked YC 7/31-8/8. Our fastpass day was supposed to be this Monday. With latest info it will now become our ADR day again?
Is Yacht even a resort opening? I have 5 1/2 day cabanas booked at Yacht Club. Are those experiences and will be wiped too?
BTW nothing has been removed from my account yet.
Disney is emptying out their dining reservation system, and will restart it when they can figure out how many people they can serve in each venue at one time. Disney Food Blog has a video about they changes that have been announced. I am posting the link here, but if it isn't allowed, you can look on their site for "Disney World Reopening Dates, Canceled Reservations and Dining Plans, and MORE"
https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...ations-and-dining-plans-and-more/#more-343099

We have a bounce back reservation for October at Yacht Club and I called the BB phone number yesterday morning, before they shut down the reservations. I was able to modify our trip dates to Oct 25-30th, 2020 at the YC, all at the BB discount rate of 30% off. I dropped Oct 24th, which was priced at rack rate.

I'm really looking forward to staying at the YC, something we haven't done since the rooms have been remodeled. I need to call and request a room with a shower instead of the tub/shower combo. I'm also hoping that fireworks are back on by then, since I love watching them from the resort. :) Depending on room location, we've seen fireworks from MK, Epcot and HS from our balcony, different trips and rooms, of course. I don't think any room will give a view of all three of the fireworks. :)
When I spoke to a Cast Member they informed me that all rooms at YC (apart from accessible rooms) have small tub/shower combo. If you have any luck could you please let me know? many thanks

When I spoke to a Cast Member they informed me that all rooms at YC (apart from accessible rooms) have small tub/shower combo. If you have any luck could you please let me know? many thanks
Unfortunately, Disney CM's don't always have all of the most recent information. The YC replaced some of the former tub/shower combos with beautiful showers during the most recent room updates. What we don't know is how many rooms have the showers and how many still have the tub/shower combos. :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Disney CM's don't always have all of the most recent information. The YC replaced some of the former tub/shower combos with beautiful showers during the most recent room updates. What we don't know is how many rooms have the showers and how many still have the tub/shower combos. :)
Thats encouraging thanks! I struggle to climb into a tub so will try to make a request, although being close to the Epcot end is also important to us and I guess we can't have everything

Just noticed that they cancelled our cabana reservation in September. Totally bummed about this. I understand cancelling dining and other experiences to limit bookings, but the cabanas are by nature already very socially distant, I can't believe they cancelled it!

Just noticed that they cancelled our cabana reservation in September. Totally bummed about this. I understand cancelling dining and other experiences to limit bookings, but the cabanas are by nature already very socially distant, I can't believe they cancelled it!
That is really strange. Either there is some underlying reason (pool won’t be open or resort won’t be open), or they’re being very heavy handed with the cancellations across the board for all experiences.

For the most part, the queen-bedded rooms have tub/shower combos, while the king-bedded rooms have walk-in showers. While that is generally true, it is best to place your preference as the top request, stating that you must have that, due to physical limitations. Before heading directly to your room, upon arrival, stop at the Front Desk to confirm that your assigned room has a walk-in shower.

Your other option, to guarantee the shower, is to book an accessible room, which has specific room types with the shower and not the tub/shower combo.

It is possible that the cabana reservations will reopen once Disney has reopened all of their reservation systems. It is also possible that they will be taking the cabanas down in order to free up the area for socially distant pool furniture. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter