Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just got back from our trip this weekend and am contemplating booking BC for the summer. Have the standard rooms been refurbished at all? We stayed there back in 2013 and the rooms were pretty shabby.

Just got back from our trip this weekend and am contemplating booking BC for the summer. Have the standard rooms been refurbished at all? We stayed there back in 2013 and the rooms were pretty shabby.

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

Let us know if you book a trip here.

:cool1:
From the first post in this thread- all the info (and more) that you want on the resort's renovations:

All rooms at the Beach Club, Beach Club Villas and Yacht Club have been renovated from 2014-2017.

Beach Club: October 2014-August 2015

Beach Club Villas: January 2016-September 2016

Yacht Club: October 2015-December 2015, Club Lounge Renovated. January 2017-September 2017, All Rooms Renovated

You can read all about it here: Room Renovation News, October 2014-September 2017

🛠

:welcome: to this forum!

When is your proposed trip?

:cool1:

I have stayed at both BC and YC CL, you really can't go wrong with either. Theoretically, same managers, same offerings. I'm not sure if the CMs rotate by working at either lounge.

I wouldn't say that BC is significantly more kid-friendly than YC. The lobbies of the two resorts have different vibes, due to the Cape May restaurant, but I don't think your son will be out of place at all.

Although about 75% of the BC CL rooms have full balconies, if this is a very important factor, then YC is the way to go. There is one room, 5163 that does not have a balcony at the YC CL. I believe this is a water view, corner room with a couple of banks of windows.

:goodvibes,
We don't have a set date yet; I'd like to go for the 50th Anniversary, if possible. My plan is to book later this year for 499 days in advance, so I would like to have all my ducks in a row by then.

Add me to the guest list for June 20-21, 2020. I booked BC for a quick overnight and asked about renting a cabana for a half day (10 am - 2 pm) for June 21. I wasn't sure if I could get it - but I thought it might be nice with us switching to the Riviera resort for the rest of our week that day (its our DVC homecoming trip there). With an annual pass discount, it was $180 (and some change) for the half day, so rates must have increased. We enjoyed our visit to Yacht so much last August, its nice to come back even for a day to our favorite pool on property!

We're heading to Beach Club for two nights, May 29-30, before we do 7 nights at the Villas at Grand Flo (our DVC home resort). I've been to BCV a couple of times before I was married, but this will be my wife and kiddos' first time there. (And my first time in a non-villa). Very excited to take the kids to Stormalong Bay!

I have a YC stay coming up on September 6th and 7th after a solo stay at the Dolphin.

When I stayed at the BC last year, there was a great map of all the rooms and the views/bookable levels for the BC.

I'm trying to find the same thing for the YC.

I saw the scene shots of the laminated book of the YC layout but I haven't been able to find the actual layout of the YC that I had earlier found for the BC. They were good quality screen shots that I was able to use to blow up and put in my own comments, etc.

Can anyone direct me to these for the YC?

I have a YC stay coming up on September 6th and 7th after a solo stay at the Dolphin.

When I stayed at the BC last year, there was a great map of all the rooms and the views/bookable levels for the BC.

I'm trying to find the same thing for the YC.

I saw the scene shots of the laminated book of the YC layout but I haven't been able to find the actual layout of the YC that I had earlier found for the BC. They were good quality screen shots that I was able to use to blow up and put in my own comments, etc.

Can anyone direct me to these for the YC?

Do you mean these?

Detailed Room Number Maps:

YC Floor Map Floors 1 2 3

YC Floor Map Floor 4 and 5

Please add me to be our guest - 9/8/20-9/12/20 Beach club standard room.
We usually go DVC thanks to my very generous parents allowing us use of their points but I was able to grab a great deal for us and thanks to late running school construction my kids are heading back to school mid-September instead of before Labor Day.

if I make a day bed and full balcony or patio our only requests, is there a decent chance to get them?

if I make a day bed and full balcony or patio our only requests, is there a decent chance to get them?
There aren't any standard view rooms on the ground floor, so you might just want to request the day bed and full balcony. You have a 50% chance of a full balcony, though.

I have the Epcot Destinations discovered tour booked for March 16th for me DH, and DD17. It starts at 8:15am, so before park opening. Anyone know if we'll be able to go through the International Gateway entrance prior to park opening or do we need to get to the front of the park? We need to meet our tour guide at the Innoventions East guest relations location. TIA for any advice!

I have the Epcot Destinations discovered tour booked for March 16th for me DH, and DD17. It starts at 8:15am, so before park opening. Anyone know if we'll be able to go through the International Gateway entrance prior to park opening or do we need to get to the front of the park? We need to meet our tour guide at the Innoventions East guest relations location. TIA for any advice!

You can absolutely get in to meet the tour via the IG. Did it last February. The CMs working the gate will have your names on a list.

Hi everyone! I was looking at the map posted earlier in the thread and it looks like there's only 1 laundry room for YC. Is that right?

Thanks!

Yippee! They added more rooms to the AP discount for April, so DH succumbed to the lure of SAB and finally agreed to the switch from a CSR std room to a YC WV room. Almost doubled the cost of the trip, but YC is worth it, right? The Disney Math says it’s a great idea. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter