Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Starting to plan our next trip in 2021, and I'm hoping to again stay at our favorite resort, the Yacht and Beach club. I did have a couple of questions about changes since my last trip. I was wondering how the skyliner has affected opening at Epcot via the international gateway, and how it has affected the crowds around crescent lake if at all.. was also wondering about people's experiences with dogs at the Yacht club. My wife is allergic, and we just want to make sure that we are not in the vicinity of any dogs. I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with this. Thanks, and looking forward to beginning the planning! :-)

Are the gazebo CL view rooms at the YC considered garden view or water view rooms? Just trying to check out prices on the disney website. Are there many CL gazebo view rooms?

thanks

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Starting to plan our next trip in 2021, and I'm hoping to again stay at our favorite resort, the Yacht and Beach club. I did have a couple of questions about changes since my last trip. I was wondering how the skyliner has affected opening at Epcot via the international gateway, and how it has affected the crowds around crescent lake if at all.. was also wondering about people's experiences with dogs at the Yacht club. My wife is allergic, and we just want to make sure that we are not in the vicinity of any dogs. I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with this. Thanks, and looking forward to beginning the planning! :-)

I'm very allergic to dogs too and am staying at Beach Club as a result even though Yacht Club was a bit cheaper. The concern for me is about being in a room that had a dog in it before. I once stayed at a dog friendly hotel for a work trip, and I was in agony every time I returned to the room. But walking by a dog outdoors is not really an issue because you're in the fresh air and won't get close enough to a dog to trigger an allergy.

I really feel sorry for you folks with dog allergies.... I can't imagine how that impacts any travel. Since service animals are always allowed, there is always a chance you will encounter them, or stay in a room that was previously occupied by them. It must be really hard for you. :worried:

I really feel sorry for you folks with dog allergies.... I can't imagine how that impacts any travel. Since service animals are always allowed, there is always a chance you will encounter them, or stay in a room that was previously occupied by them. It must be really hard for you. :worried:
Not really--service animals are much less common and are spread out across all resorts. Non-service dogs are concentrated at the handful of resorts that allow them.

I'm very allergic to dogs too and am staying at Beach Club as a result even though Yacht Club was a bit cheaper. The concern for me is about being in a room that had a dog in it before. I once stayed at a dog friendly hotel for a work trip, and I was in agony every time I returned to the room. But walking by a dog outdoors is not really an issue because you're in the fresh air and won't get close enough to a dog to trigger an allergy.
You can request a complimentary deep clean because of allergies. I got one for WL club level last month. I am severely allergic to mold and very sensitive to mildew smells. I quickly get sinus infections. (Fall is misery for me until hard frost lol.) I had seen people comment on the WL thread about ground floor rooms with mold/mildew and dusty furniture and bed covers since the rooms are showing their age. I was also concerned about leaves, pine needles, etc. on the fully enclosed balcony that might not have been blown away by wind or housekeeping. I was able to make my request through DSS, but I asked about it several times thereafter. I included specifics as to what my allergy concerns were with initial request. They also mentioned the deep clean upon check in. Our room was spotless, as was the balcony. We did have to wait until around 4 pm to allow for my specific room assignment to receive the deep clean.

I have never stayed at BC, but it still has carpet. YC has no carpet. I would request a deep clean for allergies (include your other allergies that could be affected and not just dog dander) and call again about 2 weeks before check in to make sure it is on your reservation. I would also ask for verification at check in. Ask for on duty manager if you are not satisfied with response. I have stayed at YC several times since refurb with no real issue. In fact, less bedding and hard floors have made YC far better for me than most hotels. We also stayed ground floor once near a small pet who we never saw nor heard except when we saw it lounging in its room through the patio doors while walking on boardwalk. However, my experience may not be of help to you. While I am allergic to dog dander, it is no where near my most severe allergy concern.

We stayed at the YC in November 10 nights CLWV, Room 5227, view of the pool and lake, plus Epcot fireworks every night. We could see a little of the HS fireworks also. The rooms have no carpets and in our opinion very clean, twice per day refreshed. I think we were lucky but grateful. We were down the hall, left then right away from the regatta club so you did not hear or see any noise. The only negative was dishes in the hallways but that is in every resort. They usually picked them up overnight. BC/YC is our go to resort for the past 20 years. Never had any problems. The new gondola system did not effect the crowds along the boardwalk, traffic around the international gateway was a little more crowded. We were there at marathon time so they were runners very early running along the lake. No interference with our trip and it was nice to see. For us that area works, since we love the pool, walk around the boardwalk area and we like the walk to HS. If we went to AK or Hoop di do we took a Minnie Van. Monorail to MK through Epcot. We tried to stay way from the bus service.

I am allergic too - and we booked beach club over yacht club for the lesser chance of having an animal in the room. YC was cheaper too! I would have rather stayed at yacht club since it's newly redone and has the hardwood floors but all I could think of was there was a dog sleeping on the pillow I would be sleeping on. Then wake up with my eyes crusted shut. With the deep clean do you know if they change out the pillows? I think we will keep the beach club just in case. I do bring my own pillowcases and put them on over the pillowcases already on. Such a pain - I take them off each day so they don't get taken by mousekeeping by mistake.

Another question - the skyliner from Epcot to HS - do you have to get off and switch or does it go straight to HS.

I did have a couple of questions about changes since my last trip. I was wondering how the skyliner has affected opening at Epcot via the international gateway, and how it has affected the crowds around crescent lake if at all..
The International Gateway is a much busier place now, but it also has more baggage check locations and entrance touch posts.

We haven't seen any increase in crowds around Crescent Lake, at least not on the BC/YC side.

the skyliner from Epcot to HS - do you have to get off and switch or does it go straight to HS.
The Epcot Skyliner goes to Caribbean Beach station. You have to get off there and get on the line that goes to DHS.

A bit of a random question:

My wife and I are staying at YC for the very first time this October. We're just curious if, at Stormalong Bay in the lazy river section, can you sit on a tube with a cocktail in hand?
I don't believe they let you bring drinks into the pool

I don't see why this is suddenly a terrible issue. It was just a harmless question. Chill.
Think about the question, sand-bottom pool, tons of little kids, one accident in the water, major problem. Cocktails at the bench chairs or at the bar

Think about the question, sand-bottom pool, tons of little kids, one accident in the water, major problem. Cocktails at the bench chairs or at the bar

You guys are absolutely right. It was a terrible question.

I've never been to the YC/BC before and I could have sworn we were allowed to ask first timer questions on this board.

It'll never happen again.

Carry on.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!