Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Ok thanks! Just trying to figure out the quickest way to get there for star wars.
Boats were running by 6:00 AM when we were there earlier this month when HS opened at 7:00 AM. Walking will take you about 20 - 25 minutes depending on your pace. And there were a lot of walkers out when I was out and about during our stay during that early hour. You certainly knew where everyone was going. Skyliner will most likely not be an option if you're trying to get there early! It starts running around 7:30 or 8:00 Am but your results might be different.

Ok thanks! Just trying to figure out the quickest way to get there for star wars.
Walking is the quickest way, unless there are mobility issues. The skyliner will be the longest assuming it is even running early enough, and the boat somewhere in the middle, unless all the stars are aligned then the boat will be about the same as walking.

Hi! My husband and I will be staying in a garden view room at the Beach club for the second week of February. We are celebrating his 50th birthday! :)

I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with the weekly organized run? The last information I found, the BC/YC club has the "Regatta Runs" on Thursday mornings at 8 am, but the place I saw that posted it over a year ago. Anyone do this run recently? Thanks!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15.

Happy Milestone BD to your DH!

:cheer2:

Hey, I'm back...We were able to book a FD BB during our August trip for this coming September, the 9-13. But now, DH won't be able to join me so I'm heading down for a 1st solo trip! I'm planning on upgrading to the deluxe dining plan because, well why not? I've got a GV room booked at BC.

I'll add you to the list.

:thumbsup2

We really enjoyed our last Disney trip in Sep 2013, the Beach Club and Food & Wine festival were great. We can't wait for our upcoming trip Aug 30 - Sep 4.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Are there buses to Hollywood Studios or just the boat? Thanks!
We have seen buses marked Yacht and Beach Club at the DHS bus depot for the early morning park opening. I was surprised to see them there because boats were also running and I didn't think they would provide buses if the boats were running. But we saw these buses both during our December trip and January trip. There were probably part of the extra early bus service so that people could get to Hollywood Studios before the park opened.

Last edited:

Super excited! We have booked YC CL for July 4-11. We stayed split stay at BC and CR CL in 2018 and did CR CL in 2017. My family does love club level. I was nervous not staying near MK this year, but I think the kids will really love the ability to easily do the gondolas and walk, boat, or gondola to HS for star wars. YC looks lovely too and the kids adored the pool. My husband is just doing the morning parks with us and then heading to the gym and otherwise lounging around, beer in hand, no doubt. Have the dogs become any sort of issue at YC? Also, what have you found to be the easiest way over to MK (we will have a car...ackkk parking fees). Thank you!

Looks like we will be renting a crib for our May stay at YC, I’ve checked the family board and it seems kingdom rentals & babys best friend are the options. I know there are new rules for bell services/deliveries, any input on which company would be better? From what I’ve read it varies by resort

Have our new room, and I’ll post pics because it’s a new-to-me layout. Room 2662, it’s one of those sideways rooms on the second floor above the lobby.

1 king plus sofa bed (not sure if it’s a single since we didn’t pull it out)
Tub and shower combo
Keurig
NO balcony, just a window that gets a partial view of the valet station (none of the rooms along this section of hallway have a balcony)
Feels HUGE (not sure if actually bigger or not)
Limited drawer storage (two in each bedside table plus two small ones and two small cabinets under tv)
Would be great for a couple with a pack n play or an ECV (lots of floor space)

EDIT: noisiest room in all of my stays at YC/BC - you need to be a VERY sound sleeper since you hear clearly every bit of lobby noise, every conversation in the lobby and out at the valet station

(Sorry photos are sideways, posting from my phone)

2BF6F8A6-5B95-4CD5-94E7-5079597BE943.jpeg08403BE6-9EC1-4480-AE5B-1FF44C599BE8.jpegAFB480BF-435D-43B7-B2EE-5462CF4141F3.jpeg61C3BE39-08F0-47B2-B017-1D0D8076784A.jpeg85722426-4BD7-4CB6-8FEE-473E691F921E.jpegBCA1CB6E-7064-4C57-95C4-DF26A3656D41.jpeg0CF09F8A-A2AC-419D-9D10-A6F3D9A5B474.jpeg7596660D-A7C0-4C9A-B067-401FCD682A32.jpeg

Last edited:
If you are staying in a room with 5 people (2adult/3 kids) is it mandatory to get a room with a daybed?

My daughter & I will be staying at YC in May to celebrate her 16th bday!
We have stayed at beach club with a water view and really enjoyed seeing the boardwalk, Fireworks, etc.
We both prefer to catch glimpses of the action vs a quiet view or quiet pool area but we don’t have a WV this time...so,
Any suggestions on a particular area of YC w/ a GV room that might fit this description? :)

If you are staying in a room with 5 people (2adult/3 kids) is it mandatory to get a room with a daybed?
I think it depends on the ages of the kids. We had one kid who was two on arrival day but turned 3, so he was wayyyy too big for a pack and play, and they said the reason we could not have a day bed was because since he was 2 at arrival he counted as an "infant" the whole stay. Not fun having him sleep between us kicking us all night for a week.

I guess the inverse is true though--if none of the kids are disney "infants" (under 3), presumably you should get a day bed.

Can anyone answer the actual question about the quality of room service food?
We’ve eaten room service food several times and it’s always been good. Usually just order burgers/ cheeseburger and fries plus some chicken noodle soup. Everything has been tasty and portions are plentiful. Only drawback is that there can be quite a wait for the food to arrive but they do give an estimate on ordering. Think it’s been almost an hour on occasion so I’d order well before you want to eat and possibly request delivery at certain time 👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter