Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Did they have any waffles or something special for breakfast. How was the apps?
Breakfast had fruit, oatmeal, bagels, toast, pastries, muffins, juice, meats, a small egg quesh, yogurt, chocolate milk, coffee, teas. No waffles or anything special. It should be enough for everyone.

Breakfast had fruit, oatmeal, bagels, toast, pastries, muffins, juice, meats, a small egg quesh, yogurt, chocolate milk, coffee, teas. No waffles or anything special. It should be enough for everyone.
There were crapes on select days.

Now the Gondolas are up and running does anyone think that The Boardwalk area has become any busier?
It was pretty busy on January 10th! :rolleyes1
NwGpTOb.jpg

Page 1586-1588

Dee - we added a day on to our trip. July 5. Couldn't get it as part of the FD package so booked it as a RO with the Sun and Fun deal. I was able to get gv YC and I'm hoping that when I check in I'll be able to pay for the upgrade for our package from sv to gv, even though right now there isn't any gv availability. That way we can stay in the same room the whole time.

I finally got around to updating the list and adding the additional day to your July trip.

Have you officially decided on July instead of August?

:goodvibes

We love Ale and Compass. We have always been able to get in as a walk up or last minute ADR. In December they were not taking walk ups only ADR's because of the CP dining packages...so I went out in the lobby and made an ADR from my phone and walked in 10 minutes later. :)

Dee when you update the BOG list can you change our dates? We changed from April 10-14 to May 6-10, 2020. Still YC. Sorry for the extra work.

Great tip about trying to get a dining reservation by phone/online when you are refused a walk-in. I think I did that once in Hollywood Studios.

I will make the change to the Be Our Guest list.

::yes::

:rotfl2::rotfl2: No
Can anyone tell me If the Stormalong Bay music play list has changed since 2017? I remember it had been the same for at least 6 years.

Great question!

I have no idea, but would love to hear from anyone who wants to comment.

:cool2:

Can you please add us to the BoG list? Aug 15-22 at BCV. We flirted with the idea of snagging a 2bd at CCV, but just couldn’t in the end. BC is home :lovestruc

:welcome: back!

Will do!

:woohoo:

We will be staying at YC for the first time August 21-27. Second trip to Disney World and first time staying in an Epcot Resort. Very excited!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

We encourage new people to the Yacht & Beach Club to check out Page 1 of this thread, particularly Posts 1, 13 (FAQ) and 14 (Other Useful Info) and then let us know if you have any questions about the resort.

:cool1:

We just returned from a last minute four night stay at POR. We had gone to DHS before park opening on Wednesday in order to get a boarding group for the Rise of the Resistance ride. After we got our boarding number, #59, we left the park and took the boat to Yacht Club for breakfast at Ale & Compass. I had made the reservation as we were leaving the park, just in case. We were not the only ones who went straight from DHS to Ale and Compass. :) There was at least one table of guests who were on our boat.

We had a great breakfast at Ale & Compass. They have the breakfast buffet but it is an add-on to an entree, not a stand alone meal. If you get the buffet then you order an entree, any entree, and it includes the buffet. The price is $22 for the buffet, regardless of the cost of the entree, or you can just order ala cart.

The buffet was really good, with fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, sweet rolls, Parker house rolls, sliced meats, cheese, mini-muffins, etc. I ended up grabbing a Parker House roll and some sliced ham to eat later for lunch. DH wished he had done the same thing. :)

We will be back to the BC soon, March 1st to 6th. Even though we had a lovely stay at POR, with some of the best weather we have ever had on any Disney trip, we love being in the Epcot resort area. :)

Thanks for the details about Ale & Compass breakfast.

Mark and I had reservations there on our last morning in October, but we ditched them to go to HS/SW:GE at 6 am instead.

:chewy:

We just got back from the yacht club CL WV 10 nights. We have stayed in both YV and BC. I think the yacht club with the views and balcony is worth it

:welcome: to posting on the thread and thanks for your comments and feedback.

:thumbsup2

I have a dumb question, and yes it is dumb but in 2005, my DH and I took a short trip to WDW and stayed at BC. When we checked in, the wonderful young man said he upgraded us to Club level. We were floored. We are thinking about going Spring 2021 for my youngest DD high school graduation trip and were thinking of staying BC. When we check in, can we ask if we can be upgraded or is that frowned upon? I do not want to be a problem guest.

:welcome:

Let us know if you decide to book a trip to the Beach Club.

Thanks to all who have provided their opinions.

As others have indicated, free upgrades typically happen when it benefits the resort due to overbooking, or even if the resort wants to spread some pixie dust if there are open rooms. Occupancy at the Yacht & Beach usually runs pretty close to full, so that cuts down on the possibilities of upgrades.

We generally advise to book the category of room you want so that you won't be disappointed, and if an upgrade happens, then that is a bonus.

You certainly can ask if there is a room available at club level for the length of your stay but be prepared for a quote of what the price difference would be to switch.

:goodvibes

Hi.

So happy to say we are coming home again. :banana:

YC 18-30th Aug.

Before we get there, as we fly into MIA, we are staying 2 nights in Key Largo, then driving up to Disney and staying 2 nights at the Gran Destino, club level :cool1:

Very excited to be coming back, so lucky that we can also do the gran Destino again too.

Get me on a sunbed with a Sunken Treasure. 🍹

Xx

:welcome: back!!!

Sounds like an amazing trip.

I'll add you to the list.

:dogdance:

I posted the BC offerings in the CL thread last week. The YC offerings are usually the same. I can remember waffles and crepes on a previous trip, but they were just in a serving dish on a warmer, not chef prepared fresh like BWI if that’s what you’re asking. Their food is good, but it’s not as fancy as some other club lounges.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...formation-and-questions.3414590/post-61431521

Thanks for the info and the link to your pictures. I'll add that to the CL post on this thread.

:thanks:
::yes::

Here is a question I found on the Resorts forum and answered with more info/alternatives than was really requested.

Can anyone answer the actual question about the quality of room service food?

:thanks:

Hello all,

We will be staying at the Beach Club for the first time for the Princess Half Marathon. We are planning an early night before the race. We are thinking of room service for dinner. How is the steak? That is what my teen likes to eat the night before a race. How about the burgers? Pizza? That is more my speed.

We have a late lunch at Beaches and Cream...but will want to eat again, I am sure.

Thanks for any info!

I have never ordered room service from the Yacht or Beach Club and I don't hear many review from guest who have, but I will post your question over on the resort FAQ thread (see the link in my signature) to see if anyone can give you feedback about the food from room service or perhaps offer other solutions.

I don't think you can order takeout from the resort lounges Martha's Vineyard, Ale & Compass or Crew's Cup Club), but I have heard people can sit down, order food and then ask that it be wrapped up. Even with service tip, it is possibly less expensive than the room service cost for a burger.

Here's a link to a menu for Crew's Cup at YC, which includes a burger.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=324

From Yacht & Beach Club Dining Post (Page 1, Post 7)

Pizza Options at the Yacht & Beach Club:

1) Flatbreads are available in the Beach Club Marketplace which is open from 11 am until 11 pm. See photo above for picture of the flatbread.

2) The Yacht Club and Beach Club In-room Dining Service will deliver pizza to your room.

In Room Dining Menu Link- from allears website: In Room Dining Menu

If you are on the dining plan, you may redeem 2 Adult Table Service Credits for 1 Pizza Entrée, 2 Single Serve Non-alcoholic Drinks and 2 Desserts. According to the dining plan brochure, gratuity is included.

IMHO, this is a relatively expensive way to satisfy your pizza craving!

3) The Boardwalk Pizza Take Out Window is a short walk or boat ride away, Open until Midnight! (Aug 2018):

Boardwalk Pizza Window Menu, 2018

4) Local pizza restaurants will deliver to the resort.

You will need to meet the delivery person in the lobby to pay for and pick up the food.

Here is a thread with pizza delivery information: Pizza Delivery at Disney World

I have personally never ordered from any of the places listed, but these were a few area pizza restaurants recommended by posters on the thread:

Giordanos: (407) 397 0044

Westgate Pizza Hut: (866) 438-2507

Papa Johns: (352) 243-1800

Flipper's Pizza: (407) 938-9633

Under NO circumstances should you order from any place that slips flyers under the door of your resort room (at Disney or elsewhere).
This is a common scam where you are asked to provide your credit card number and you may be charged much more than you authorize.

Here is a compilation of comments about pizza delivery from April 2017 Pizza

Room Service:

New resort private dining hours effective October 29 2017

Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort

• Breakfast - 6am to noon
    • All day dining - Noon to 11pm
    • Late Night - 11pm to 2am
Source: http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/wal...dining-at-walt-disney-world-resort-hotels.htm

In Room Dining Menu pictures, October 2019

In Room Dining Menu at Yacht & Beach Club

Last edited:

Hi! My husband and I will be staying in a garden view room at the Beach club for the second week of February. We are celebrating his 50th birthday! :)

I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with the weekly organized run? The last information I found, the BC/YC club has the "Regatta Runs" on Thursday mornings at 8 am, but the place I saw that posted it over a year ago. Anyone do this run recently? Thanks!

Hi! My husband and I will be staying in a garden view room at the Beach club for the second week of February. We are celebrating his 50th birthday! :)

I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with the weekly organized run? The last information I found, the BC/YC club has the "Regatta Runs" on Thursday mornings at 8 am, but the place I saw that posted it over a year ago. Anyone do this run recently? Thanks!

I was there a week and a half ago for marathon weekend. It was cancelled that Thursday for the races going on, but it is still regularly scheduled for Thursdays at 8 (maybe 8:15?).

Hey, I'm back...We were able to book a FD BB during our August trip for this coming September, the 9-13. But now, DH won't be able to join me so I'm heading down for a 1st solo trip! I'm planning on upgrading to the deluxe dining plan because, well why not? I've got a GV room booked at BC.

On the January events calendar (https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-on-page-1-post-1-13-14.3400342/post-53451045) it's listed at 9am on Thursdays. My dad and son are planning to do it next week. I'll try to remember to post if there's anything worth noting.

Not really recent, but we ran it back in October and it was our second time running it! Not because we didn't get it right our prior trip but because it's a lot of fun! Good SWAG for the price you pay. The October run was at 8:00 AM, but more recently on our trip for marathon weekend the start for the January runs is listed at 9:00 AM on the Activity Schedule. During our visit the run was cancelled on 1/9, due to the marathon weekend events and the 5K that day. I can't tell you if the price is the same but anything close to the $15 we paid per runner is a good deal based on what you get in return! In addition to the SWAG [small tote bag, sun glasses, earbuds, and pin] they have snacks [water, fruit and a granola type bar] at the finish. Course starts at the Marina, heads towards the S/D over the bridge and halfway down the path by the canal to HS. You do a u-turn just by the overpass [underpass] and head back on the path and then run by the BW, over the bridge and left back to the BC/YC, under the pirate slide and to the finish! I guarantee you that you'll enjoy it!

Not really recent, but we ran it back in October and it was our second time running it! Not because we didn't get it right our prior trip but because it's a lot of fun! Good SWAG for the price you pay. The October run was at 8:00 AM, but more recently on our trip for marathon weekend the start for the January runs is listed at 9:00 AM on the Activity Schedule. During our visit the run was cancelled on 1/9, due to the marathon weekend events and the 5K that day. I can't tell you if the price is the same but anything close to the $15 we paid per runner is a good deal based on what you get in return! In addition to the SWAG [small tote bag, sun glasses, earbuds, and pin] they have snacks [water, fruit and a granola type bar] at the finish. Course starts at the Marina, heads towards the S/D over the bridge and halfway down the path by the canal to HS. You do a u-turn just by the overpass [underpass] and head back on the path and then run by the BW, over the bridge and left back to the BC/YC, under the pirate slide and to the finish! I guarantee you that you'll enjoy it!
Thanks! That’s a lot of swag!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts