Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Anyone recently have dinner at ale & compass? How is it?
We ate dinner at the Ale & Compass restaurant on our arrival night in October. It was the surprise hit of the week.
The Host was wonderful and chatted with us after he sat us. Our server was great. We had the Parker House rolls as an appetizer and my DH mentioned to our server that we had been to the real Parker House in Boston. Later the manager came to the table to talk about that.
We (4 adults) all ordered something different and we all really loved our meal.
It was quiet and is truly a hidden gem.
We will definitely be back again.

We ate dinner at the Ale & Compass restaurant on our arrival night in October. It was the surprise hit of the week.
The Host was wonderful and chatted with us after he sat us. Our server was great. We had the Parker House rolls as an appetizer and my DH mentioned to our server that we had been to the real Parker House in Boston. Later the manager came to the table to talk about that.
We (4 adults) all ordered something different and we all really loved our meal.
It was quiet and is truly a hidden gem.
We will definitely be back again.
Thanks for the review. I love your story about the Parker House. I didn’t know about it.

We’re doing CL and not sure when or how much we’ll feel like that first night, can you generally walk-up or make an adr an hour or so ahead of time? We were going to do an adr for B&C, but last year we found it just so-so and I saw in the menu that the burger at ale & compass is practically the same price.

Page 1585-1586

Excited to say "we're coming home!" You can put us down for March 2-5 staying CL at BC. It's a short visit as they've been the past several years, but it's enough for me to get my Disney fix and still be able to do other things during the year. We stayed CL last March and loved it so I couldn't resist. It was "only" a little more LOL so I decided to go for it. Haven't told hubby yet and hope I can keep it a surprise until we get there. I too would love to know about the current food offerings. I'll try to find that sub-forum mentioned in an earlier post.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list. We will keep the secret on our end. Let us know if you are able to pull off the surprise!

:woohoo:

I have a dumb question. Would taking the gondola take a lot longer than taking the boat to HS? We have a trip planned in June and wanted to give it a try, but staying at BC there really isn't an opportunity to ride it. Just wondering if anyone has ever used the gondola as the transportation option when staying at BC or YC

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for June.

:cool1:

Thanks, everyone for your input about the gondolas. In October, I used the gondolas a few times, just for fun and for transportation, HS to EP and POP to EP and back again. The "incident" which shut down the gondolas happened during my trip, the day after I was on it.

🚡

We rode the gondolas to Epcot when we were done with Hollywood Studios during both our December trip when we stayed at BWI and our trip last week when we stayed at Yacht Club. You have to change lines when you get to CBR, but it was fast for us. Not sure it was faster than the boat if you hit it at the right time (ie just boarding, etc), but it was pretty fast.

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

Thanks for your input.

:goodvibes

How comfortable are the pull out sofas in the villas for mature (50+ yo) adults? Curious about the sofa in the living room of a 2 bedroom or the sofa in a studio? Is it lower than the standard bed? Thanks for any recent experiences!

:welcome: to this forum!

When is your trip?

:thumbsup2

Just a quick “real-time” update before we head over to Epcot! Got here last Wednesday, weather has been great but warm for this time of year. Ran the 10k on Friday and missed breaking 1 hour by 25 seconds. This the first year in 15 that I missed running the half marathon, thanks to achilles surgery in April of last year. Got to ride RotR this morning. Left our villa at 6:15, walked to HS and arrived at 6:35. No security lines and 10 minutes through the tapstiles. Right at 7:00 we got boarding group 22. We were on the attraction at 7:40, off by 8:15. Walked back to the villas, quick breakfast and then to EC for our 9:25 AM Test Track FP! I’ll be checking the path status tomorrow for HS due to the marathon and report back accordingly!

Thank you so much for keeping us informed about the Marathon weekend happenings!

:cheer2:

Booked Beach Club for Christmas 2020! This will be our first time at Beach Club and our first time being at Disney ON Christmas! We were there just before Christmas in 2017 at Grand Floridian, which was wonderful. We'll be at Beach Club from the 21st through the 26th this time. Really looking forward to being able to walk to World Showcase whenever we want to graze at the Holiday Kitchens!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

You will love the ease of getting to EPCOT from the resort!

:santa:

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if the quiet pool at yacht club has a bar and/or servers? Also, is the quiet pool close to the club level lounge? If there is no food/drink at the pool would it be possible to get drinks at the CL lounge and bring them down? Thanks in advance!

When is your trip?

Interesting question- I hope we are able to get confirmation for you about bar service at the pool, although that is news to me. The quiet pool is not close to the lounge, possibly about as far as possible as you can be at the Yacht Club, but as others have indicated you are welcome to take food or beverages, as long as it is not glass, to the pool.

🏊‍♀️

I can’t find the photo, but last year we took a picture of a menu that was offered at the Yacht Club quiet pool. On one side of the pool site there is a laundry facility. There is a posted menu and a phone that will allow you to phone a food/drink order in. We never actually did it, but it was an option. I will keep looking for the photo...

:welcome: to the thread and thanks for your input!

I haven't seen this, but then again, I have only been at the YC quiet pool for a few minutes back in 2016.

::yes::

Hello and oh my goodness how ive missed this thread! Ive been away since 2017 but was really pleased to still see my pictures of the Noodle family celebrating the Queens Jubilee and Olympics still there and my 'Happy Dance' video on the first page. Because we travel from the UK and tend to do our vacations in 'Epic Style' (last trip 3 weeks at YC!) its taken us this long to 1) pay off the last trip and 2) start to save for the next one,which is July 2021 again at YC. I know its for ever away but with it being the BIG anniversary ive got lots to catch up on and plan. So for you long term thread people here whats the big/important stuff ive missed?
Looking forward to getting the best advise again in the coming months. x
PS Is it too early to be on the BOG list July 2021????

:wave2:

:welcome: back!

It is absolutely NOT too early to be added to the list. We do have 2021 going already.

Of course your input is still at the front of the thread. Your Happy Dance video was epic, as was the noodle photoshoot. So sad that the noodle exchange had to end :(

Let's see what I can recall for changes off of the top of my head (although not entirely sure when some of these happened):

Yacht Club rooms have been renovated. Wood floors, sleek nautical decor, beds that are high.

Yacht Club Marketplace now has lots of quick serve selections and beverage refill stations. Captain's Grille restaurant has become Ale & Compass restaurant.

Poolside shower and changing rooms!

Woof!

:cool2:

Dee - we added a day on to our trip. July 5. Couldn't get it as part of the FD package so booked it as a RO with the Sun and Fun deal. I was able to get gv YC and I'm hoping that when I check in I'll be able to pay for the upgrade for our package from sv to gv, even though right now there isn't any gv availability. That way we can stay in the same room the whole time.

Thanks for the review. I love your story about the Parker House. I didn’t know about it.

We’re doing CL and not sure when or how much we’ll feel like that first night, can you generally walk-up or make an adr an hour or so ahead of time? We were going to do an adr for B&C, but last year we found it just so-so and I saw in the menu that the burger at ale & compass is practically the same price.
We love Ale and Compass. We have always been able to get in as a walk up or last minute ADR. In December they were not taking walk ups only ADR's because of the CP dining packages...so I went out in the lobby and made an ADR from my phone and walked in 10 minutes later. :)

Dee when you update the BOG list can you change our dates? We changed from April 10-14 to May 6-10, 2020. Still YC. Sorry for the extra work.

We love Ale and Compass. We have always been able to get in as a walk up or last minute ADR. In December they were not taking walk ups only ADR's because of the CP dining packages...so I went out in the lobby and made an ADR from my phone and walked in 10 minutes later. :)

Dee when you update the BOG list can you change our dates? We changed from April 10-14 to May 6-10, 2020. Still YC. Sorry for the extra work.

Thanks for the review. What’s good to order there? How is the burger?

Page 1585-1586
Yacht Club Marketplace now has lots of quick serve selections and beverage refill stations. Captain's Grille restaurant has become Ale & Compass restaurant.

Poolside shower and changing rooms!

Woof!

:cool2:
It took some finding but we were there for the grand opening of the Marketplace July 2017. I was the first person to make a transaction at 7am! I kept the receipt as a souvenir but it’s completely faded now:worried:

It took some finding but we were there for the grand opening of the Marketplace July 2017. I was the first person to make a transaction at 7am! I kept the receipt as a souvenir but it’s completely faded now:worried:

That's pretty cool. I have a couple of receipts I keep as mementos. I always photocopy them since the printing on the thermal paper will fade over time.

Did they give you a free coffee or something for being first?

I haven't seen this question asked here before. We are AP holders, we get Tables in Wonderland and we have a Disney Visa all these for discounts, so we usually get room only. We stay CL and eat most of our breakfasts in the CL lounge.

We have approximately 2000 Disney rewards points now. Can I use the rewards points and my credit card to pay for my Disney vacation? Or does it have to be all or nothing? Either all points or all credit card. We aren't going until Dec 2021 so we will have even more points. I usually make credit card payments over several months until paid off.

I can't get a straight answer from guest services!

thanks

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

I haven't seen this question asked here before. We are AP holders, we get Tables in Wonderland and we have a Disney Visa all these for discounts, so we usually get room only. We stay CL and eat most of our breakfasts in the CL lounge.

We have approximately 2000 Disney rewards points now. Can I use the rewards points and my credit card to pay for my Disney vacation? Or does it have to be all or nothing? Either all points or all credit card. We aren't going until Dec 2021 so we will have even more points. I usually make credit card payments over several months until paid off.

thanks

Since the rewards card is treated exactly as a credit card, I don't know why you can't use it to pay down your balance. We have purchased our TIW card, tickets and upon arrival at the resort (several years ago), applied the points balance to our balance due. It shouldn't be a problem at all.

thanks

Are you talking Disney Visa Rewards points? When I "cash mine in", the rewards come on a redemption card- like a Disney gift card. While I have never used it to pay for the room, I assume you could apply it to a balance you have. As you earn more rewards points, they can be added to the card.

The only thing to be aware of is that if you have to cancel the trip and money needs to be refunded, I believe the points/cash you used would go back to that redemption card.

If this is not exactly right, please feel free to add info or correct what I have written.

We have used our Disney rewards points to help pay for the room. You have to get the points transferred to a card. Then use the card to apply the points to the reservation. The easiest way to do it for a room only reservation is to call Disney and tell them you want to make a payment with your Disney Rewards card.

Are you talking Disney Visa Rewards points? When I "cash mine in", the rewards come on a redemption card- like a Disney gift card. While I have never used it to pay for the room, I assume you could apply it to a balance you have. As you earn more rewards points, they can be added to the card.

The only thing to be aware of is that if you have to cancel the trip and money needs to be refunded, I believe the points/cash you used would go back to that redemption card.

If this is not exactly right, please feel free to add info or correct what I have written.

That's all correct. It's the same caveat paying with gift cards - you have to be sure to save the cards in case you have to cancel.

It's a pretty lousy percentage back, but DW likes the card, itself, so it is what it is.

Staying at the Yacht Club in April for the 1st time since they did the renovations. Is there a room map that tells you which rooms have tubs? We have a toddler so a tub is a must in the room but I normally like to request a room so this would be helpful if there is a map that would tell you which rooms have tubs, I know some rooms have stand up showers only

Staying at the Yacht Club in April for the 1st time since they did the renovations. Is there a room map that tells you which rooms have tubs? We have a toddler so a tub is a must in the room but I normally like to request a room so this would be helpful if there is a map that would tell you which rooms have tubs, I know some rooms have stand up showers only

Not that I have ever seen. In general, rooms with King Beds have the stand up shower and rooms with 2 Queens and a daybed have a tub, but I don't think that is true in all cases.

I think your best bet is to ask for "Bathroom with tub, please for toddler" along with any other room priorities that you have.

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!