Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I went ahead and booked DH and I Beaches & Cream for lunch on our down day/resort day. In honor of my grandfather- who used to take my brother and I to the Smithsonian when we'd visit, and we'd get to eat ice cream for lunch at their old-timey ice cream parlor- I think I will be ordering only ice cream!

Please add us in for November 20-December 6, 2020!

We had the time of our lives this year, 3 amazing weeks at the BCV - can't wait to head back next Thanksgiving.
I feel so lucky to be fortunate enough to make these memories with my kids at such a beautiful resort.
We really truly love this place and so many thank you's go out to so many of you who have answered my many questions on this thread over the years!

Merry Christmas all!

One more day left on a fantastic Wilderness Lodge Christmas vacation. The resort is beautiful and perfect to celebrate the holidays. Our room is in very good condition and has been well serviced. we have a pretty perfect view of the castle. The club level staff has impressed us many times. But...it isn’t Yacht Club...There is nothing wrong at all with WL, but all 3 of us have wistfully mentioned Yacht Club on several occasions.

One more day left on a fantastic Wilderness Lodge Christmas vacation. The resort is beautiful and perfect to celebrate the holidays. Our room is in very good condition and has been well serviced. we have a pretty perfect view of the castle. The club level staff has impressed us many times. But...it isn’t Yacht Club...There is nothing wrong at all with WL, but all 3 of us have wistfully mentioned Yacht Club on several occasions.

That's how I felt when I stayed in the Copper Creek part of Wilderness Lodge. Well, almost how I felt. I'm DVC so I wished I was at Beach Club Villas. Every single day I was there.

Checked into BC today. Only request was daybed and we got it. We also got a full balcony. We are far from lobby but close to secret entrance. Floor 2. Woods view. Long day of travel today so we are happy to be settled.
That's our favorite Beach Club location! We always request 2nd floor or higher closest to Epcot because we are in and out of the IG so much for meals and watching the entertainment, and we don't like ground level so....anyway, LindyWebb, I'm envious! and hope you have a magical stay! :goodvibes

Page 1578-1580

I did 2 party-of-2 reservations, but 10 minutes apart. I couldn't get them at the same time. I did one reservation with my account, and another reservation with my wife's disney account. You can't use the same account, even with different names.

:welcome: to posting on this thread and thanks for your helpful input.

:goodvibes

We are home and suffering withdrawal blues. We had a wonderful week in BCV 102. The Villa was pristine on our arrival. It was fresh and clean. In the mindset of nitpicking the only 2 things I saw when trying to find fault was a small scuff on the wall opposite the toilet, and a sticky door handle leaving the shower room. Really that was looking for negatives. I was in the Villa when Mousekeeping came for trash and towel service. He offered to come back but I said not necessary. He was very, very nice and left extra shampoo and conditioner, as requested. Our kitchen Trash and Recycling was emptied daily while we were out, which I appreciated.
We had lots of lotion, but no note paper or pen.
After a week I agree that the entrance to Epcot at the IG is very different. It is busy. But it handles the new volume well. We never waited long
We had an ADR at Oga's Cafe for lunch one day. We spent time in Batuu, not expecting to ride either ride this trip. We chatted with a wonderful CM for awhile and interacted with Chewy and Ren. It was great fun. The land is amazing.
We enjoyed a beverage and snacks at Baseline Tap House while waiting for our ADR time. We enjoyed that as well.
Everyone like their first trip on Slinky Dog Dash. It does compare nicely to 7DMT.
Our favorite meal of the trip was Teppan Edo in Japan, It was outstanding and the chef was an older gentlemen and he was great fun. We were all disappointed this trip in Spice Road Table, which we have enjoyed several times in the past. But we did sit outside and it was coldish and misty so not the best.
We enjoyed Epcot Forever from our table. The Kites pulled by Jet skis are amazing. Our surprise restaurant was dinner at Ale & Compass Restaurant on arrival night. We loved it and will be back.
Any other questions I can answer?
We love the BCV, our home resort and are looking forward to our already booked October trip

Thanks for the review of your trip and the updates throughout your stay.

:thumbsup2

Dee- slight change When I originally booked BC GV wasn’t available. Yesterday it popped up so we switched from YC to BC!

YAY!!!

:cool1:

No post since WEDNESDAY! Not acceptable.

So. To get this going again. Dee. Would you please put the MickeyT brood down for DGD Sarah Janes's second trip. July 19-25. BCV's

Thanks for taking care of us!

I'll get you onto the list. Should be a magical trip for you all!

:woohoo:

Please add us in for November 20-December 6, 2020!

We had the time of our lives this year, 3 amazing weeks at the BCV - can't wait to head back next Thanksgiving.
I feel so lucky to be fortunate enough to make these memories with my kids at such a beautiful resort.
We really truly love this place and so many thank you's go out to so many of you who have answered my many questions on this thread over the years!

Merry Christmas all!

So glad to hear you had a fantastic trip.

Thanks for the really kind comments of thanks to everyone!

That's our favorite Beach Club location! We always request 2nd floor or higher closest to Epcot because we are in and out of the IG so much for meals and watching the entertainment, and we don't like ground level so....anyway, LindyWebb, I'm envious! and hope you have a magical stay! :goodvibes

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

Does anyone know if you can get your resort mug refilled at the Beaches and Cream ice cream window?

I'm not sure, but I don't think that prior to the renovation, the takeout window was a location at the resort where you could refill your mug.

Am I recalling that correctly?

:magnify:

Last edited:
LindyWebb: We are staying at the BC for the first time (end of January). We have "garden or woods" view on our docs. When did you request a specific part of the hotel? Arrival? Also, where is the secret entrance? We will be spending most of our days at EPCOT, so we are hoping to have a room on that side of the BC. Thanks.

:welcome: DisneyLynn!

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

You can put in a location request anytime after you book, but it is best to do it at least a week-10 days before the trip since room assigners will start blocking guests then. If you booked the trip through a travel agent, they will need to add the request to your reservation. If you booked it yourself directly with Disney by phone or through the website, you should call Disney's Central Reservations Office to add the request.

The "Secret Entrance" is near Room 1501. See Page 1, Post 8 for a detailed description. To be in that wing of the resort, you can request "Room in wing closest to EPCOT" or something like that.

Beaches & Cream Renovation- Historical Info

Review from Disney Food Blog

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019...BDUWiAqXZODz4TLWMMfu_b0Yf5dUCZLraQ9ieF7P9wDRs

Review WDW News Today:

wdwnt.news/19122409

Beaches & Cream Now Reopened, December 25, 2019
Beaches & Cream renovation, closed from early Aug-Dec 2019
ETA: Opening Date Estimate Jan 4, 2020

The temporary location for Beaches and Cream has opened (August 28) in the old Ariel's restaurant in the Beach Club. Details of the renovations have not been released, however we believe the restaurant will be expanded, at least partially, into the space that currently houses the arcade.

The limited menu during the period of renovation includes Fudge Mud Slide Sundae ($11), Snickers Sundae ($11), Classic Banana Split ($12), Mini Mickey or Mini Minnie Sink ($23), Old Fashioned Sundae ($10) and No Way Jose Sundae ($11).

Hand-dipped ice cream is also available in Vanilla, Rainbow Sherbet, Strawberry, Chocolate, Butter Pecan, Cookies 'n Cream, Coffee, Mint Chocolate Chip, and fat free Chocolate Vanilla Swirl flavors.
Single Cup or cone ($7), Waffle Cone ($7.50)

Available specialty drinks include: Stout Float, Tropical Sunrise float, Grasshopper Float, and Classic Root-Beer Float.

No grilled items are available.

Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort guests can still enjoy ice cream at Ale & Compass, Beach Club Marketplace, Hurricane Hanna's Waterside Bar & Grill, and the Market at Ale & Compass and of course Ample Hills, at the nearby Boardwalk can help with any ice cream fix needed.

🍦

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but I don't think that prior to the renovation, the takeout window was a location at the resort where you could refill your mug.

Am I recalling that correctly?

You always could before so I doubt it would be any different now (hopefully not). The CM would just fill a paper cup and pour it into your mug.

Does anyone know if you can get your resort mug refilled at the Beaches and Cream ice cream window?
The refill locations for B&C are Hurricane Hanna's and BC Marketplace. The YC Marketplace also has refills available. In the past, B&C did CM-assisted refills, but not sure about now.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter