Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Sorry, I don’t mean to sound like a cranky old lady or be nit picky. But I don’t think these things don’t belong in one of the most expensive resorts on property. Depending on how the week goes, I may stop & mention them at the front desk. If not I will send an email just to report them & hopefully get them taken care of.

I don't feel you're being nit picky. And IMO, those things don't belong in any WDW resort room no matter the level or cost.

We usually stay water view club level but this trip, we are on a free dining bounceback in a garden view room. There are a few issues with the room. I will see how the week goes & I may stop at the front desk & mention them. Nothing major or that would make me ask for a different room, but still, things should be addressed as normal upkeep.

First we noticed the dead bolt on the door doesn’t close easily. My DH can get it to lock by jiggling the door. I can’t get it to lock at all. This one I was ready to go down & report, but my DH didn’t want to make a big deal about it.

The shower knob is very loose & feels like it’s going to break any minute . I can’t imagine housekeeping hasn’t noticed this. The shower door isn’t the hinged type that opens out. They are sliders & both keep sliding to one side, away from the shower heads. It took several minutes to get it to stay relatively closed. But even then, it was at least an inch open.

This is a tile in the shower, high on the wall away from the shower itself. So I don’t think water is getting i there. But still, should be addressed.

View attachment 457432

A bolt sticking out of the bathroom door handle.
View attachment 457435

And there are white splotches all over the bathroom cabinet. No idea what they are & these are just a small area.
View attachment 457436

Sorry, I don’t mean to sound like a cranky old lady or be nit picky. But I don’t think these things don’t belong in one of the most expensive resorts on property. Depending on how the week goes, I may stop & mention them at the front desk. If not I will send an email just to report them & hopefully get them taken care of.

Please report the problems at the front desk (not by phone) before you leave. Otherwise someone is going to get stuck with that room and won't have your husband's talent for getting the deadbolt to close, or will have the shower knob break in their hand. Those are not minor cosmetic issues and could ruin someone else's vacation.

Please report the problems at the front desk (not by phone) before you leave. Otherwise someone is going to get stuck with that room and won't have your husband's talent for getting the deadbolt to close, or will have the shower knob break in their hand. Those are not minor cosmetic issues and could ruin someone else's vacation.

Good point! I will definitely do that. I’m glad to know it’s not just me being picky. It’s hard to know sometimes. 😂

We just arrived this morning. So it was about 10- 10:15 when we went into Epcot. It took at least 7 minutes just to get thru security. Sure, not a huge long time. But when you are used to just walking right thru, or waiting for only a minute or 2, this is a big change. As we left about 3, there was no line for bag check, but the entry tap points were all at least 12 people deep. Also, we went back for dinner. Went thru the no bag line. This time it wasn’t the CM but the guests who were taking forever. They only had a table for you to empty your pockets, no little trays. So people sort of waited to put their phones etc down until it was their turn. There was no CM watching the table, just the one CM to wave you thru & do the wanding if needed. So I can’t blame them. But then they also stood there while they put everything back in their pockets & blocked others from retrieving their belongings. And at least 3 people in front of us needed wanding. Also, people from the bag screening line were going thru the same metal detector.

I get it’s new & should improve somewhat, but I think it will only get busier & more crowded as time goes on. Certainly not as bad as the front of Eocot. But still a pretty decent increase & change.
You don't have to empty your pockets any more that is why there is no tray to put stuff in. Most of the time my DH's knees don't even beep anymore. If you have something that beeps just hold it in your hand and raise your arms up near your head and it won't beep. I don't really understand how it all works, last trip my DH had a wallet that had a small metal thingy on it and it beeped but his two steel knees didn't. :confused3My phone hasn't beeped in my pocket, but sometime I do take it out and hold it up just to be sure not to hold up the line.

Sorry about your room issues hope you get them straightened out. Enjoy your stay.

Unfortunately when we stayed at BC last year we reported our issues to the front desk and nothing was done for a full day. I ended up emailing the manager and got a very fast response! So for what it's worth, if they don't take care of it after you visit the front desk I highly recommend emailing.

Unfortunately when we stayed at BC last year we reported our issues to the front desk and nothing was done for a full day. I ended up emailing the manager and got a very fast response! So for what it's worth, if they don't take care of it after you visit the front desk I highly recommend emailing.

OK I defer to your experience, I just didn't think it was a good idea for OP to ignore the room issues and not tell anyone.

You don't have to empty your pockets any more that is why there is no tray to put stuff in.

I guess this was the issue then. The only CM in that line was on the opposite side of the detector, so people were emptying everything, And nobody told them not to. But you’re right . At MK today, he did say you can keep your cell phones. I had a metal back up charger & he held that as I went thru. The screening was a breeze there. No bags for me from now on!

We arrived on Saturday as well. We are in the BCV and our Villa was ready about 2:30. We are having a wonderful time. For the most parts our waits have been minimal.
Our DME Experience was an exception. We have used this service many times but Saturday was extremely crowded. Our line extended past the queues and our toral trip time was over 2 hours.
we used Guest Relations at the IG to activate our APs and to buy a TIW Card. We entered EPCOT there and had absolutely no wait at either the bag check or the Tap Styles We breezed right through just like in the past.
we had a HORRIBLE experience with Instacart and we will never use them again. I purposely scheduled delivery for between 5-6 PM, As Villas our frequently not ready much before then.
when we got to the Villa about 4:45 I saw that I had 3 missed calls at 4:08. When I called the number given I was told I was a “no show, my order was canceled, AND I was charged a $15 cancellation fee. Customer Service was nonexistent even though they were nearly an hour early. Long story short our groceries were delivered about 8:30 again about 30 minutes prior to agreed upon 9 PM Time.
We ate at Ale & Compass Restaurant Saturday night. It was outstanding. We will go again.
We went to MK yesterday. It was not crowded at all. It was unbelievable and great.
We toured the Christmas decorations at the GF and the WL I had a glass of wine at the new Enchanted Rose Lounge. It is lovely.
We then took the Monorail back to MK and took a boat to WL Lodge. We Waited for the boat, our only wait of the entire day. WL was our favorite by far. it is gorgeous.
We ended our day at Geyser Point, had drinks and food and watched the Patriots loose to the refs. it was unbelievable. Other than that it was a wonderful day.
The weather is gorgeous although 50% chance of rain We’d, Thurs, Fri
Sorry to be sl long winded.

OK I defer to your experience, I just didn't think it was a good idea for OP to ignore the room issues and not tell anyone.
I completely agree! Who knows how many people stayed in the room before us with the same exact issues and said nothing. It's a shame because they didn't get to see the resort at it's full potential. I am glad that not only were our issues resolved but that everyone that has that room after us won't have to deal with it.

New souvenir, super-sized plastic " glass" is now available from Hurricane Hanna's with the purchase of one of two concoctions, for the cost of $24.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/12/review-sp...rom-hurricane-hannas-waterside-bar-and-grill/
Storm Chaser
Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Bacardi Superior Rum, Blue Curaçao and Sweet-and Sour topped with Sprite®

Category 5
Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Crème de Banana, Peach Schnapps, Orange and Pineapple Juice and a splash of Grenadine with a float of Gosling's 151 Rum

vqARCs1XcGhDCLM7NnT_20q-el0x9YJvJTYFGG2b7Ft_Xpj999YhiFVBT9yzdw2zeDszYq-7wjPBwd9tYhW3I1jJMwTf1VDoIQSy49lk5w5F5gysGiuLtdWW0DnwB2doNu29PFnn

Page 1573

My DH just decided to take us for a quick Disney trip and booked the YC. We usually stay at BC or BW. We completely forgot about it being a dog resort.
Our DS is afraid of dogs. How bad do you think it will be? I remember it being discussed when it first started, but I haven’t heard much since.
Can any YC regulars give me some insight on how many dogs are around and if I should request a certain area? Or should we move to a different resort?

Thank you all for taking the time to share your experiences! I really appreciate it!
My son is 12 and has an anxiety disorder, but it sounds like we can do this!
He can see dogs on leashes and move around accordingly.
What about elevators? I know he would have to get off if someone tried to bring a dog on an elevator. I would think we can manage that somehow too.

I will also call and ask for a room not near a dog. Sounds like maybe an upper floor would be best?

:welcome:

When is your trip?

I'm a bit late replying to this, but I agree with your suggestion- an upper floor would be smart request. I think the chances that you would encounter a dog on/at the elevators are slim, but as others have suggested, you could always get out/wait for the next one, or take the stairs.

Hope you have a fantastic trip!

:thumbsup2

Stayed at BC last March in a “Deluxe” room (which was actually an ADA compliant room remarketed as “deluxe” and woke up next morning to Some lovely dog owner letting their dog take a dump right under our “water view” window. Nice. Wasn’t the primary reason we’ll never stay there again, but definitely wasn’t great.

:welcome: to posting on this thread.

:)

I’m here now with my mother and I almost had to bring my almost 2 male neutered Rhodesian along if my female hadn’t had a split heat just due to my husband’s schedule for work and being out of the house for longer than we should crate to separate. My male since neutering would be the perfect hotel dog as he normally doesn’t bark, howl and can sleep all day if given some exercise along with how much he’s been trained (advanced and urban canine good citizen, advanced tricks and now heading towards therapy dog work).

I’m kinda glad I didn’t as there is a dog near us that probably shouldn’t have been brought along as it has separation anxiety when it’s humans leave the room. We’ve only heard in the hallway but I know my male would have probably would have done a howl in solidarity for their cries or pawed at the door as we walked to our room.

I think people need to be realistic about their dogs if they do bring them.

We’ve seen a few others while here and perfect behavior otherwise.

:welcome: to the thread!

Thanks for posting your experience.

My understanding is that if hotel CMs receive complaints about dogs barking in the room, that they are supposed to contact the owners who are required to return to the room within a certain time limit (30 minutes?)

:dog2:

Page 1574

I’m here at the BC for the first time and of course there is a little competition going in my head between here and The Poly where we stayed last time. One place the Poly is ahead is stairs. Is there no way to take the stairs at the Beach Club? I like to take stairs down whenever I can.

As others have indicated, there are quite a few stairways you can use at the Beach Club. They are not necessarily well-marked, but I use them all the time.

We would love it if you could give us your thoughts comparing the two resorts after your trip. There is a section on Page 1, Post 16 with reviews and comparisons between resorts by guests. This is a very helpful source of info for prospective guests planning a trip.

:goodvibes

We left Orlando on Saturday night & got back to the UK on Sunday after 14 nights at the Yacht Club, in a water view room (2043) which had a lovely view over to the Boardwalk, the room had a king bed, a large leather chair with foot stool & the usual desk & chair, no sofa of any description though so definitely not suitable for a family but perfect for the two of us.

*snip*

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide comments about the trip.

From your feedback and comments from others, it sounds like the bus service has been especially bad the past few weeks. I'm so sorry to hear about all of the disruptions to your vacation as a result of this. I truly hope this is an exception rather than a continuing issue.

::yes::

So....gotta love the front desk @ YC, calling out Anthony.
We arrived around 10:30am this morning, semi checked in & were walked up to club level. We booked water view/club. No room available so we wander to Epcot & stop at the fish shop. It’s a tradition.

Imagine our excitement at receiving a room ready text @ 11:30a! We wander back, get our bags & head up to 5th floor & our bands open our door. However (and I know it’s not a third world problem) but it’s a king bed. No way, Jose. The concierge peeps were jammed so we head back to front desk. After about a 15 minute wait we get Anthony. What a nice young man. We explained that on vaca, we need our sleep & hubby snores. He makes a few calls but has bad news. No 2 queen rooms available at all, club level. I ask how about the 4th floor but key our magic bands to take us to 5th floor/elevator? He goes in back & talks to his boss, who totally got the need for 2 queens. I checked touring plans, it’s the only king room in that section and somehow we got:(. Anthony pulls some strings & we ended up on 4th floor, water view & direct view of Epcot fireworks! Better view than what our club room was gonna be! We stopped at concierge and they had robes/slippers sent down! Big win.

Moral of my story is stay nice/ask nice/and show appreciation for the extra effort. Thank you Anthony!

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing this story.

Sometimes a simple, slightly out-of-the-box solution is all that is needed to solve an issue.

Glad Anthony was able to make it happen for you!

:thumbsup2

We arrived at the BC around 10:45 this morning and some good luck.Our Magical Express driver got mixed up and stopped at the BC first instead of stopping at Caribbean Beach first, which was nice for us. :)

We got the text that our room wasn't ready so we headed into Epcot for lunch and a few rides. We had gotten a couple texts that the room wasn't ready but never got a text to tell us that it was ready. Luckily, DH was checking the MDE app and saw that we had a room number. This was around 12:30pm. We headed to the resort around 1:30pm and our MagicBands opened the room door, which was great. :)

We booked a standard view room through a travel agency that we have used before. We usually get a room located above the big flat roof. But not this time. This time we got a free upgrade to a very lovely garden view room. We are delighted with the view and will post some pictures once the trip is over. Now, if people would just not talk in the hall when they walk past, it would be almost perfect.

It is a lovely, sunny day and just a little on the cool side. We saw people lined up in the Candlelight Processional standby line at 11:30 am. Tonight's narrator is Neil Patrick Harris. I guess he is popular.

Sounds like a lovely start to your stay!

I hope you continue to have a wonderful trip!

:cool1:

Page 1574-1576

Returned home from our BC Club level stay on November 26th. We have stayed previously at BCV and BC non club level. i have to say i am still in love with this resort and all of the CMs are wonderful - beautiful rooms, beautiful hotel, beautiful area. Not only is it located at the back door of epcot but it its really not a long bus ride or drive anywhere. unfortunately i caught a cold and had to stay in our room for a couple of days but even though i missed some adventure, i felt like i was in a peaceful puffy cloud of luxury. beds were very comfortable.we did have a room check one day when i was sick but the gentlemen was very nice and polite. He just asked if everything was ok. one advantage to staying in club level (in addition to the concierge service and snacks is that the walks to the rooms are short distance from the elevator.

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

So glad to hear that you continue to enjoy the resort, even with a couple of days of not feeling well. Thanks so much for sharing your feedback.

:goodvibes

We usually stay water view club level but this trip, we are on a free dining bounceback in a garden view room. There are a few issues with the room. I will see how the week goes & I may stop at the front desk & mention them. Nothing major or that would make me ask for a different room, but still, things should be addressed as normal upkeep.

Just want to echo what others have said- please do alert the resort about the issues with your room and let us know whether you get a satisfactory response.

::yes::

We arrived on Saturday as well. We are in the BCV and our Villa was ready about 2:30. We are having a wonderful time. For the most parts our waits have been minimal.

*snip*

Thanks for providing a live report about your trip so far. Hope the rest of your stay is great.

:cool1:

New souvenir, super-sized plastic " glass" is now available from Hurricane Hanna's with the purchase of one of two concoctions, for the cost of $24.

https://*****.com/2019/12/review-sp...rom-hurricane-hannas-waterside-bar-and-grill/
Storm Chaser
Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Bacardi Superior Rum, Blue Curaçao and Sweet-and Sour topped with Sprite®

Category 5
Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Crème de Banana, Peach Schnapps, Orange and Pineapple Juice and a splash of Grenadine with a float of Gosling's 151 Rum

vqARCs1XcGhDCLM7NnT_20q-el0x9YJvJTYFGG2b7Ft_Xpj999YhiFVBT9yzdw2zeDszYq-7wjPBwd9tYhW3I1jJMwTf1VDoIQSy49lk5w5F5gysGiuLtdWW0DnwB2doNu29PFnn

Thanks for sharing this info.

I can personally attest that the Category 5 is a decent libation. Not $24 worthy, even with the cup, but it is a good drink.

:drinking1

Good Morning. Waiting for everyone to “Rise and Shine” this AM.
Yester day we went to AK. Bus service from BC has been great. Timely, and nearly empty buses when arriving atBC. Everyone had a seat. We did wait at AK about 20 minutes for bus home, as one was pulling away as we arrived. Boy does that wait feel long when you are tired at night.
AK was way more crowded than the MK the day before. But waits, especially with FP+ were manageable. Once again everyone thought FOP was the best ride ever. We have not experienced Rise of Resistance yet to compare and don’t expect to this trip.
We ate lunch atYak & Yeti. i am a Landry’s Select Club member. Priority Seating is a nice feature. We all ordered somthing different and from the specials menu. Mine was good, but not my favorite. DHss Rib Eye was way too salty.
Today is Epcot and I am looking forward to it.
To night is Homecomin’ for dinner and I am looking forward to try ing it.
The Weather has been wonderful. Highs have been in the 80”’s with lots of sun But rain is predicted the rest of the week.
Any questions let me know and I will try to answer.

We are back from our trip already. :) We had great weather Saturday, Sunday and yesterday. MK wasn't crowded on Sunday, probably due to it having a party that night, and Epcot wasn't very crowded on Monday morning. We only took buses to MK and back on two of our days and we had good luck with those buses.

The Skyliner is great. We would either walk, take the boat or ride the Skyliner to DHS. Now that the Rise of Resistance ride is open we made several trips to DHS. We were able to ride it on Friday and it was great. Don't let another spoil it for you. I think it is more fun when you don't know what to expect.

We were in room 1581 which is a garden view room facing the volleyball court section of the BC. It was right around the corner from the BC Marketplace and very handy for everything. I will post a few pictures later, but it was a normal 2 queen bed room with daybed and connecting door. We had a Keurig coffee maker and it made better coffee then the old pod style Cruisinart.

Yesterday we went to Epcot. I have been thinking about the IG entry now. Yes it is MUCH more crowded and the ambience has changed. I understand that some folks don’t like it. But with the construction this entry handles folks very well. We were right through. We enjoyed EPCOT and snacked about the festival booths a bit before heading out about 2:30 for a few hours at the Dune Cove Villa pool. We had dinner at Homecomin’ at Disney Springs. We started with the Fried Green Tomatoes and Church Lady Deviled Eggs. Both were delicious.
we all had some form of Fried Chicken and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Disney Springs buses lived up to their reputation. It was a positive/ negative situation. We didn’t wait at all for a bus. Butwe shared with Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC. We were like sardines in a can. The driver stated at the BC stop that he was supposed to be only Boardwalk but he didn’t want to leave every one behind. He was terrific.
Off to DHS soon.

Hi Dee
Can you change our trip dates. We are now going Aug 19th-29th instead of the 12th through the 22nd. I realized the other day the school would be starting later than I realized due to labor day being later. But it all worked out as we were able to move from a Standard Room to a Garden View and still save money. The savings was mostly on the tickets as I think the garden view room was slightly more expensive (maybe $50) so it was a win in my book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!