Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

butternut

Mouseketeer
Good Morning! I have my choice of Beach or Yacht club for a conference in March. Would love some of your expert opinions on which to choose. The location to Epcot or HS doesn’t matter much to me but the size of the room and if it’s a newly updated does. Any help would be so appr. Any room numbers would also be helpful for a decent view as I’m sure the conference just gives standard.

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
The location to Epcot or HS doesn’t matter much to me but the size of the room and if it’s a newly updated does.
The resort rooms are the same size at each resort. The Yacht Club has been recently updated so if that is important than you want to choose that one. :) When booking a standard view room I usually request a nice view. :)

• FREE Disney World Dining Plan for Kids with 3-Night Stay + Ticket Package
    You can get a FREE dining plan for your kids (ages 3 to 9) when you buy a non-discounted 3-night/3-day package for you and your kid(s) that includes a room at a select Disney Value Resort hotel, theme park tickets and a dining plan. Valid for arrivals most nights from January 1 – March 7, 2020 when you book through January 1, 2020.
    Click Here for Details

• bookbunny

I LOVE POP CENTURY!!!
    Good Morning! I have my choice of Beach or Yacht club for a conference in March. Would love some of your expert opinions on which to choose. The location to Epcot or HS doesn’t matter much to me but the size of the room and if it’s a newly updated does. Any help would be so appr. Any room numbers would also be helpful for a decent view as I’m sure the conference just gives standard.
    It is pretty much up to preference. I have heard that the Yacht Club has been recently updated. Obviously Beach Club is closer to Epcot. They both are good size rooms.

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    For adults, I personally believe the YC is a better option. The rooms have wood laminate floors, underbed storage space for luggage (bed height is higher than usual), more closet space, and a barn door which separates the bathroom area from the rest of the room. Also, unlike the BC, about 99% of the YC rooms have full balconies, if you like to sit out; about 50% of the BC rooms have full balconies.

The BC is about 5 minutes closer by foot to EPCOT, but the boat dock for the FriendShip boats (which travel to EP, Boardwalk, Swan/Dolphin, and Hollywood Studios) is right out the back door of the YC.

butternut

Mouseketeer
    Thanks Everyone! Looks like I may go with the Yacht club since the rooms seem to be newly renovated. Any suggestions for a standard view room number with a decent view?

• Sydney2977

DIS Veteran
    There must be. We saw lots of scooters in the halls when we were at YC in September.

The catch with the hallways is that the scooters could block the hall for mousekeeping carts and passersby, depending on where your room is, so maybe make sure they’re in use or in your room during prime hallway rush hours. :-)
    I thought so too, and we mainly saw them when returning later at night or early in the morning. It would be pretty inconsiderate to leave them throughout the day unless it couldn't be helped as a previous poster stated with their emergency.

Wow, you mentioned two things which actually are hotly contested issues in other threads.

Some people believe that you are not supposed to leave anything in the hallway, including charging scooters. They feel, among other things, that this could be a big problem if there is a fire and people are trying to navigate the hallway to escape. They also feel that even on a regular day, it could make it hard for people to navigate the hallway with a stroller or their own scooter.

Some people believe that you are not supposed to leave anything on the balcony or put any decorations out there .

These are not issues which are super important to me, and the people in this thread are super nice, but be aware that if you say these things elsewhere, people might jump down your throat.
    Yea, I know, but we've seen people decorate doors and balconies, and I think if you're not tearing anything up or causing damage to the resort property, what's the harm? I was thinking more like balloons and some small streamers or decorations you can get from the dollar store and then toss, or something decorative that she could keep.

The Gingerbread Carousel at BC went up today and it’s Peter Pan themed!!! When I left for Animal Kingdom this morning for EMH they just had the platform up!! So glad I got to see this after all, it makes the wait for Tragical Express less sad!
    How amazing! I wish I could see it in person!

jjrod8701

Earning My Ears
    Considering a YC stay in August of 2020 and I have some questions I could not find with the search bar. I have read that walking to HS from YC is the best option for Rope Drops. From YC is taking a Minnie Van the best option for a rope drop at AK? Can we use the IG entrance to EPCOT if we have pre-park-opening breakfast reservations, or do you have to use the main Epcot entrance? If we have pre-park-opening breakfast at MK are Minnie-Vans the best option from YC? Thank you in advance.

AKL 2006
    AKL 2010
    AKL 2013

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Considering a YC stay in August of 2020 and I have some questions I could not find with the search bar. I have read that walking to HS from YC is the best option for Rope Drops. From YC is taking a Minnie Van the best option for a rope drop at AK? Can we use the IG entrance to EPCOT if we have pre-park-opening breakfast reservations, or do you have to use the main Epcot entrance? If we have pre-park-opening breakfast at MK are Minnie-Vans the best option from YC? Thank you in advance.

AKL 2006
    AKL 2010
    AKL 2013

:welcome: to this thread!

Let us know if you book.

Yes, walking is the best bet to get to HS for rope drop since the pacing is under your control.

Yes, you can use the IG entrance for pre park opening breakfast in EPCOT

The other two questions are trickier to answer about what is "best". Minnie Vans are certainly the quickest way to get to those parks, but they are the costliest option. I usually shoot for rope drop using the buses, and usually make it or I'm close to it. But there is more of a risk and a necessity to get an earlier start using this method.

If you value time and convenience, the Minnie Vans are the best bet.

If you are trying to economize, they are not.

:car:

• jjrod8701

Earning My Ears
    :welcome: to this thread!

Let us know if you book.

Yes, walking is the best bet to get to HS for rope drop since the pacing is under your control.

Yes, you can use the IG entrance for pre park opening breakfast in EPCOT

The other two questions are trickier to answer about what is "best". Minnie Vans are certainly the quickest way to get to those parks, but they are the costliest option. I usually shoot for rope drop using the buses, and usually make it or I'm close to it. But there is more of a risk and a necessity to get an earlier start using this method.

If you value time and convenience, the Minnie Vans are the best bet.

If you are trying to economize, they are not.

:car:
    Thank you. Can the buses get you to MK for PPO breakfast? Do they run early enough?

kylenne

Wakandan-American
    I never take buses to AK rope drop, because if I’m doing AK rope drop it’s most likely an EMH where I’m trying to hit FOP, and no way in heck do I want the stress of bus roulette on top of that. Regular Lyft is totally fine too, unless you need the car seats there’s no reason to pay the premium over one for a Minnie Van for AK drop off. It’s not like MK.

Personally our philosophy is that time is money on vacation. If we want to be anywhere at a specific time, we don’t rely on Disney transportation. I will say that if you choose to ride share for anything early in the AM, start booking one slightly earlier than you’ll be ready. IME it can take a few minutes longer to find them in the early AM.

cocoabean1

DIS Veteran
    Thinking about booking the YC, I'm short 5'2". I heard that the beds are high. What do you think, book YC or BC?

We've stayed at the BC, but haven't stayed at the YC since they've been redone.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Aj1129

Mouseketeer
    We just booked our annual August Disney trip! We have been trying many different resorts over the years and this trip we decided on the BC! We have never stayed at an Epcot resort before and we are very excited to be able to walk to/from HS and EP. Our son will be a few days away from turning 5 on this trip and I think he will love the pool. Can’t wait to break the news to DS next month for Christmas.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Thinking about booking the YC, I'm short 5'2". I heard that the beds are high. What do you think, book YC or BC?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
    Do you have any mobility or flexibility issues?

The beds are higher than you typically find in a hotel, but I'm 5' even and did not have trouble getting into or out of bed at the Yacht Club this past October. It wouldn't impact my decision to stay there vs. BC.

::yes::

Last edited:

cocoabean1

DIS Veteran
    Do you have any mobility or flexibility issues?

The beds are higher than you typically find in a hotel, but I'm 5' even and did not have trouble getting into or out of bed at the Yacht Club this past October. It wouldn't impact my decision to stay there vs. BC.

::yes::
    No issues with either one- I guess I'll try the YC this vacation!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

shoreward

DIS Veteran

If sitting on the edge of the bed, your feet will be a number of inches off of the floor. As Dee noted, however, unless you have some mobility or strength issues, you will probably be okay. They used to have small steps available upon request from Housekeeping, but that option was discontinued, due to liability issues.

If you need to boost yourself onto the bed, one trick is to back up to the bed and place the heel of one foot on the ledge of the sideboard to get that extra boost up.

If you are really concerned about the bed height, Amazon and stores like Marshall’s, Target and Wal-Mart sell small fold-up step stools with a slip-resistant step, and which weigh about 2.5 pounds. The folded up step stool can easily fit in a checked bag and probably even a 21” carry-on.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS