Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
To each their own. You do risk your scooter being stolen leaving it in the hallway.
This isn't my opinion, It is the language in the contract And since you agree with the contract you assume responsibility for anything that may happen to the scooter if it is not in your room.

PolyAddict

Donate Life
Looking for advice, we are checking in Wednesday November 13 and out Saturday November 16th in a YC GV room. We want to checkout Sunday but no availability, we have the option of moving to CSR our last night as day guests with my brother. I have found GF available our last night and YC CL. Should we just ask about adding a night when we arrive Wednesday? or should I book something now? We always have the fall back of CSR.

Thanks

• KIDS FREE DINING Offer This Summer at Walt Disney World Resort!
    Book through February 26, 2020 for arrivals most nights May 25 through August 28, 2020.
    Click Here for Details

• AGoofykindagirl

Mouseketeer
    Our recent stay we were in BC room 1505. We had 2 scooters (when we put in the request for ground floor, we said we had 2 scooters). The configuration of the room was such that the door opened to a wall instead of straight into the room. There was no way to get the scooter (let alone scooters) in the room. So yes they were left outside. This situation was pretty much day and night as we had a medical emergency that kept us at the hospital all day long. Every day. Our whole week. We used the scooters to get from the room to the lobby (long walk on bad knees), so we didn’t want to cancel them completely. And yes we could have asked for a different room, but we were at the resort only to sleep, and it seemed like too much trouble. If anyone was bothered by the scooters near the secret entrance Oct 28-Nov 4, I do apologize, but it just couldn’t be helped. Trust me, even with a little inconvenience, you had a much better time than we did!

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
    Looking for advice, we are checking in Wednesday November 13 and out Saturday November 16th in a YC GV room. We want to checkout Sunday but no availability, we have the option of moving to CSR our last night as day guests with my brother. I have found GF available our last night and YC CL. Should we just ask about adding a night when we arrive Wednesday? or should I book something now? We always have the fall back of CSR.

Thanks
    Personally I would book now but that’s because I would not want to be someone’s guest at the end of a trip when I’m at my most tired & grouchy.

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
    Our recent stay we were in BC room 1505. We had 2 scooters (when we put in the request for ground floor, we said we had 2 scooters). The configuration of the room was such that the door opened to a wall instead of straight into the room. There was no way to get the scooter (let alone scooters) in the room. So yes they were left outside. This situation was pretty much day and night as we had a medical emergency that kept us at the hospital all day long. Every day. Our whole week. We used the scooters to get from the room to the lobby (long walk on bad knees), so we didn’t want to cancel them completely. And yes we could have asked for a different room, but we were at the resort only to sleep, and it seemed like too much trouble. If anyone was bothered by the scooters near the secret entrance Oct 28-Nov 4, I do apologize, but it just couldn’t be helped. Trust me, even with a little inconvenience, you had a much better time than we did!
    Oh no!! What an awful trip :( :grouphug:

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
    So sorry to hear that you had this happen. Hope your next trip is much happier!

• Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Anyone know if there are outlets on the patios?
    They do not have outlets on the balconies. As others have said, there are outlets in the hallways where many people park scooters. Some of the rooms are large enough to hold two scooters. We had several rooms at the BC, which is a mirror image of the YC, which had a huge empty space in it. You could always make a request for a large room for your scooters.

If you don't want to take a chance of having to stay at CSR then I would book a room somewhere. You can then ask at the desk when you check in to see if they can move your Saturday reservation to the YC. You will probably have to change rooms, though, since they most likely have someone else taking it on Saturday.

PolyAddict

Donate Life
    They do not have outlets on the balconies. As others have said, there are outlets in the hallways where many people park scooters. Some of the rooms are large enough to hold two scooters. We had several rooms at the BC, which is a mirror image of the YC, which had a huge empty space in it. You could always make a request for a large room for your scooters.

If you don't want to take a chance of having to stay at CSR then I would book a room somewhere. You can then ask at the desk when you check in to see if they can move your Saturday reservation to the YC. You will probably have to change rooms, though, since they most likely have someone else taking it on Saturday.
    I went ahead and booked BWI, BC was available but only club level and we really don't need that for one night. Thanks for the advice!

Scott S Flicker

Earning My Ears
    3 more weeks...I'm so ready to go. Our magic bands are sorted into their correct configurations. I've worked on packing up fall clothes.

We check in 12/1....Happy Christmas to ME!
    On the 3 week countdown ourselves but have 5 days at AKL before 7 days at BC.... Our 25th Disney Honeymooniversary since we didn't get one 25 years ago!
    We are so excited!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Not a critical question, but does anyone who was there in early October and late October know what time Stormalong Bay closed? Did it differ on weekends?

(and yes, I was there at the beginning of October, but I didn't take note of the pool hours. Bad Dee!)

:fish:

Last edited:
  • evlaina

DIS Veteran
    Hi everyone! Just booked our first adult-only trip to celebrate our 10-year anniversary and my husband's 40th! Beach Club December 2020. It'll be our first time staying there...we were booked for BC for our trip last month but had to switch to POP to stay within the budget of other guests in our party. Looking forward to reading all the info on this board. Can't wait!

kylenne

Wakandan-American
    The Gingerbread Carousel at BC went up today and it’s Peter Pan themed!!! When I left for Animal Kingdom this morning for EMH they just had the platform up!! So glad I got to see this after all, it makes the wait for Tragical Express less sad!

Attachments

MemphisVanessa

Point me towards Animal Kingdom!
    The Gingerbread Carousel at BC went up today and it’s Peter Pan themed!!! When I left for Animal Kingdom this morning for EMH they just had the platform up!! So glad I got to see this after all, it makes the wait for Tragical Express less sad!
    Wow! I love that theme! It looks really amazing!

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Thanks for posting the pictures. I love seeing the progress they made as they decorated the horses. I can't wait to see it in person next month. :)

kylenne

Wakandan-American
    Well, as I am in the air sadly going back to frigid NYC, I have to say that I really enjoyed my stay at BC. I wish I had been there for my 6 day August solo trip instead of POFQ, even! The Crescent Lake resorts take me right back to my childhood and BC exceeded all expectations. The room was beautiful, the location could not be beat, and all cast interactions were wonderful. I had a chill and relaxing time just chatting with other guests at SAB in the 18+ spa. I only wish my late aunt could have been with me because she loved the Boardwalk area on our family trips to the Dolphin. I got a photo with Minnie for her at least (her favorite character).

It wasn’t perfect because no resort is, and admittedly the Poly is still my forever home...but it’s safe to say that BC is my home away from home. I would not hesitate to stay there again, though I am curious about YC. Maybe one day we will try a split between Poly and BC or YC. I had the famous burger at Crew’s Cup for dinner on Saturday night and it was amazing! Thanks to all in this thread for helping me plan this long weekend that was over way too soon.

Charmel

Earning My Ears
    Can anyone advise me how long it would take if we wanted to leave Beach Club, walk to Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast, then on to Hollywood? Would that be a crazy long walk? I really want to grab a cinnamon roll one morning but can't fit it in the schedule.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS