Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

gillep

DIS Veteran
I am so jealous. We did a food and wine trip in late September this year and BCV was great, as always, but we have been looking at all of the information that has been released for the holidays at WDW this year and it looks fantastic. You are going to have a fabulous time.

I booked BCV for that same late September period at the 11 month window but we are likely going to change to mid November to at least hit the holiday stuff next year.

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
Hello again, my BC and YC friends! It's been about a year, but after trying out two other resorts, I have come to the conclusion that BC/YC is where I belong.

Next April, my friend and I will be staying at Yacht Club for her first YC experience . I traveled with her family last year - they stayed at the Dolphin and I stayed at YC to be close to them.

I have to say, in the past BC was my most favorite resort, but after that trip, I've changed my mind, and now really prefer YC, mostly due to location and convenience I do like the pastels of BC decor over the nautical theme and subdued colors at YC, but love the fact I don't have to guess weather or not I will score a balcony/patio. Having the boat dock right out the back door is pretty darned convenient, too!

Anyway, Dee, if you would like to add me to the Be Our Guest list, that would be great -

Dates are 4/18-25, GV room, Yacht Club - 2 roller coaster loving older ladies in scooters!

• KIDS FREE DINING Offer This Summer at Walt Disney World Resort!
    Book through February 26, 2020 for arrivals most nights May 25 through August 28, 2020.
    Click Here for Details

• kylenne

Wakandan-American
    Fled the arctic chill in NY this morning and got to my happy place! I was immediately impressed with BC. When I got off DME, I was greeted by a really nice CM who checked me in with an iPad even though I did online check in, and got me the food & wine figment magic band that was waiting for me. Room was not ready yet so I dipped into WS and hit up Ireland for breakfast (Disney is the only place I drink before noon!). But I got a nice surprise when the text came and ended up with a king room despite not requesting it. I’m assuming because I am solo. But everything is beautiful. Unpacking to Stacy right now and getting into more FL appropriate clothing before going for round 2 of food. So far, I am loving it here at BC.

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
    Has anyone ever stayed in YC Garden view room with 2 scooters? My friend and I will probably need them full time, but trying to get one in a room and plug it in is sometimes a challenge, much less two.

Anyone else ever done this?

waltdisfam4

Mouseketeer
    YC is 377/nt (woods/garden)
    vs.
    BC is 394/nt (woods/garden)

We've only stayed at BC. I'm currently deciding between BC or YC for our upcoming mother/daughter trip in May. It's her 16th birthday! Any opinions on which resort?

We love the smell of the BC lobby and my daughter will love knowing we are going back to BC because she is nostalgic, we liked the quick side door / secret exit to EPCOT!
    We have never tried YC, we DO prefer hard floors, love that we are guaranteed a balcony at YC, same amenities as BC, closer to HS and boat dock...

Help me pick?;) I struggle with making choices!

• ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
    vs.

We've only stayed at BC. I'm currently deciding between BC or YC for our upcoming mother/daughter trip in May. It's her 16th birthday! Any opinions on which resort?

We love the smell of the BC lobby and my daughter will love knowing we are going back to BC because she is nostalgic, we liked the quick side door / secret exit to EPCOT!
    We have never tried YC, we DO prefer hard floors, love that we are guaranteed a balcony at YC, same amenities as BC, closer to HS and boat dock...

Easy-YC! You listed the benefits, plus you’ve never been there and it’s cheaper. I like the YC so much better, and in general I am more of a light colored and beach person than a dark wood and nautical person- but I much prefer the YC rooms and resort.

Sydney2977

DIS Veteran
    Hello again, my BC and YC friends! It's been about a year, but after trying out two other resorts, I have come to the conclusion that BC/YC is where I belong.

Next April, my friend and I will be staying at Yacht Club for her first YC experience . I traveled with her family last year - they stayed at the Dolphin and I stayed at YC to be close to them.

I have to say, in the past BC was my most favorite resort, but after that trip, I've changed my mind, and now really prefer YC, mostly due to location and convenience I do like the pastels of BC decor over the nautical theme and subdued colors at YC, but love the fact I don't have to guess weather or not I will score a balcony/patio. Having the boat dock right out the back door is pretty darned convenient, too!

Anyway, Dee, if you would like to add me to the Be Our Guest list, that would be great -

Dates are 4/18-25, GV room, Yacht Club - 2 roller coaster loving older ladies in scooters!
    DH and I will be at YC on almost the exact dates as y'all! We'll be on the lookout. First time at YC for us and I'm excited. I don't know if it's encouraged, but we've definitely seen scooters being charged in the hallways at WL, AKL, and Boardwalk. When DH and DS2 each had to use one due to injury or surgery- once at POFQ and once at CSR- the scooter fit fine in the room even with 3-4 of us and those were moderate rooms.

Fled the arctic chill in NY this morning and got to my happy place! I was immediately impressed with BC. When I got off DME, I was greeted by a really nice CM who checked me in with an iPad even though I did online check in, and got me the food & wine figment magic band that was waiting for me. Room was not ready yet so I dipped into WS and hit up Ireland for breakfast (Disney is the only place I drink before noon!). But I got a nice surprise when the text came and ended up with a king room despite not requesting it. I’m assuming because I am solo. But everything is beautiful. Unpacking to Stacy right now and getting into more FL appropriate clothing before going for round 2 of food. So far, I am loving it here at BC.
    Nice score on the king room! I was out of town at training the first part of this week and when I checked in Sunday I was asked if I had a floor or location preference. I said no and then I was upgraded to a king suite! Hey, it was just a Holiday Inn, but it felt like some pixie dust to me! I bet you're right though- they'd rather give the king rooms to solo travelers. Enjoy your vacation!

vs.

I would pick YC because it's something new. I struggled to pick between the 2 as well but decided on YC for DH and I because I can see doing BC in the future with our kids, plus I wanted the guaranteed balcony for us. We used it every night on our just the two of us trip, while on the last trip with the boys and their GF's we hardly used it. Maybe you could bring some small things to "decorate" the balcony area for her birthday too.

waltdisfam4

Mouseketeer
    Easy-YC! You listed the benefits, plus you’ve never been there and it’s cheaper. I like the YC so much better, and in general I am more of a light colored and beach person than a dark wood and nautical person- but I much prefer the YC rooms and resort.
    [/QUOTE
    DH and I will be at YC on almost the exact dates as y'all! We'll be on the lookout. First time at YC for us and I'm excited. I don't know if it's encouraged, but we've definitely seen scooters being charged in the hallways at WL, AKL, and Boardwalk. When DH and DS2 each had to use one due to injury or surgery- once at POFQ and once at CSR- the scooter fit fine in the room even with 3-4 of us and those were moderate rooms.

Nice score on the king room! I was out of town at training the first part of this week and when I checked in Sunday I was asked if I had a floor or location preference. I said no and then I was upgraded to a king suite! Hey, it was just a Holiday Inn, but it felt like some pixie dust to me! I bet you're right though- they'd rather give the king rooms to solo travelers. Enjoy your vacation!

I would pick YC because it's something new. I struggled to pick between the 2 as well but decided on YC for DH and I because I can see doing BC in the future with our kids, plus I wanted the guaranteed balcony for us. We used it every night on our just the two of us trip, while on the last trip with the boys and their GF's we hardly used it. Maybe you could bring some small things to "decorate" the balcony area for her birthday too.
    I love the idea of birthday balcony decorations 😊 I talked to my daughter and we are both excited to try YC this time! Thanks for helping me decide!

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
    Has anyone ever stayed in YC Garden view room with 2 scooters? My friend and I will probably need them full time, but trying to get one in a room and plug it in is sometimes a challenge, much less two.

Thanks for the input Sydney2977. I hadn't thought about the hallways.... :idea: great idea!

Does anyone know if there are outlets in the YC hallways to plug in the two scooters we'll probably have?

• bookbabe626

DIS Veteran
    Thanks for the input Sydney2977. I hadn't thought about the hallways.... :idea: great idea!

Does anyone know if there are outlets in the YC hallways to plug in the two scooters we'll probably have?
    There must be. We saw lots of scooters in the halls when we were at YC in September.

The catch with the hallways is that the scooters could block the hall for mousekeeping carts and passersby, depending on where your room is, so maybe make sure they’re in use or in your room during prime hallway rush hours. :-)

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
    There must be. We saw lots of scooters in the halls when we were at YC in September.

The catch with the hallways is that the scooters could block the hall for mousekeeping carts and passersby, depending on where your room is, so maybe make sure they’re in use or in your room during prime hallway rush hours. :-)
    That's a good point too! I'm hoping that we can score rooms on the ground floor (to avoid trying to get scooters in elevator) and hopefully close to lobby, so maybe they could suggest a spot for us to plug in. We can both handle short walks.... so if we had to plug in somewhere other than right outside our door, that would be fine.

EDITED TO ADD: I wonder if the ground floor patios would be an option? The scooters have little rain covers so we could protect them from the elements.... HMMMM....:scratchin Anyone know if there are outlets on the patios?

I think I'll ask on the Disabilities DIS forum. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    ... I don't know if it's encouraged, but we've definitely seen scooters being charged in the hallways at WL, AKL, and Boardwalk.... Maybe you could bring some small things to "decorate" the balcony area for her birthday too.
    Wow, you mentioned two things which actually are hotly contested issues in other threads.

Some people believe that you are not supposed to leave anything in the hallway, including charging scooters. They feel, among other things, that this could be a big problem if there is a fire and people are trying to navigate the hallway to escape. They also feel that even on a regular day, it could make it hard for people to navigate the hallway with a stroller or their own scooter.

Some people believe that you are not supposed to leave anything on the balcony or put any decorations out there .

These are not issues which are super important to me, and the people in this thread are super nice, but be aware that if you say these things elsewhere, people might jump down your throat.

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran

We always leave them in the hallway. There are outlets you can plug into.

I don't go saying that on the community board mind you but multiple Disney trips under out belts and neither random people or Disney CMs have ever said a word about it being a problem in person.

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    That's a good point too! I'm hoping that we can score rooms on the ground floor (to avoid trying to get scooters in elevator) and hopefully close to lobby, so maybe they could suggest a spot for us to plug in. We can both handle short walks.... so if we had to plug in somewhere other than right outside our door, that would be fine.

EDITED TO ADD: I wonder if the ground floor patios would be an option? The scooters have little rain covers so we could protect them from the elements.... HMMMM....:scratchin Anyone know if there are outlets on the patios?

I think I'll ask on the Disabilities DIS forum. Thanks everyone!
    We always leave them in the hallway. There are outlets you can plug into.

I don't go saying that on the community board mind you but multiple Disney trips under out belts and neither random people or Disney CMs have ever said a word about it being a problem in person.
    I am renting a Scooter from Buena Vista Scooters. My contract says it is my Responsibility to NOT leave the Scooter outside of our room. They should be charged IN the room each night.

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
    I am renting a Scooter from Buena Vista Scooters. My contract says it is my Responsibility to NOT leave the Scooter outside of our room. They should be charged IN the room each night.
    To each their own. You do risk your scooter being stolen leaving it in the hallway.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS