Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are back from our stay at The Beach Club. Everything was wonderful! I would say the carpets have got to go in the beach club they are pretty beat up. My only negative was the day we were at the pool a boy thew up onto the concrete it was in the middle of SAB and everyone saw. That same child went back in the pool. I saw multiple people say that should not happen but the CM said the official rule is they are NOT allowed to return to the pool but also said there was not much they could do to enforce it, if he does return. Was pretty disappointed about this. While I have nothing against the college program if there were more experienced cast members at the pool maybe it would have been enforced in the appropriate way. What if that child had norovirus or something else contagious. I know when you are at disney you are surrounded by germs but did not like how that was handled.

Please remove us from Dec 14-21 as there was a medical emergency and had to move our trip to Mar 7-14 AKL.. Thank you!

Page 1563-1564

Just booked for my family of 6 at YC for May 17 to 22. 3 Water View rooms. Got a pretty nice deal with the bounceback mailer we got two weeks ago. First time at YC/BC!

Anyone have experience with the water view rooms? I need one of the rooms to be the two queen variation. The other two, kings would be nice but it doesn't really matter. Are odds in my favor for that happening?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I agree with other, it is almost assured that at least one of the rooms will have 2 Queen beds. Will you be making a single room request or 3?

You could have the following notes:
Room 1: Party A- 2 Queen Beds, please, near Party B & C
Room 2: Party B: Near Party A and Party C, King Bed if possible
Room 3: Party C, Near Party A and Party B, King Bed if possible

You could probably add in another request if you had one regarding location, upper or lower floor, etc.

::yes::

I saw two small dogs being walked in the grassy area between the YC and quiet pool. Those are the only dogs I saw.

We are sensitive to the dog-friendly policy because two of my kids are allergic to dogs. However, I called and made a note on our reservation and didn’t have any issues.

:welcome: to posting to this thread. Thanks for providing your experience with dog encounters at the YC.

:thumbsup2

I booked my first stay at Yacht Club - a quick solo trip - from Dec. 15 to 18.

Because it's a solo trip - and because we are doing 4 rooms at GF Main Building - in Jan - I chose the Standard View.

Are there specific room requests I should put in? I'd like a balcony to enjoy my morning coffee and I *think* I want to be close to the lobby.

THANKS in advance!! I'm excited to check out a new resort!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

You should be all set with a full balcony at the Yacht Club.

You can check out some samples of YC standard view rooms in the Resorts Community subforum. You can certainly make a request of "Close to Lobby"

:goodvibes

Yacht club Room 4143. King bed. Full balcony. Walk in shower. Right next to elevator but I've heard no noise. I love this room. Garden view but I can see Skyliner, lake and pool.

:welcome: to the thread.

Thanks so much for the info about your room.

Enjoy!

:woohoo:

We are back from our stay at The Beach Club. Everything was wonderful! I would say the carpets have got to go in the beach club they are pretty beat up. My only negative was the day we were at the pool a boy thew up onto the concrete it was in the middle of SAB and everyone saw. That same child went back in the pool. I saw multiple people say that should not happen but the CM said the official rule is they are NOT allowed to return to the pool but also said there was not much they could do to enforce it, if he does return. Was pretty disappointed about this. While I have nothing against the college program if there were more experienced cast members at the pool maybe it would have been enforced in the appropriate way. What if that child had norovirus or something else contagious. I know when you are at disney you are surrounded by germs but did not like how that was handled.

Thank you for the review of your stay.

The situation at the pool is so wrong on so many levels.

:sad2:

Making a solo long weekend trip over my birthday in January to check out Galaxies Edge and on a whim decided (since it's my birthday) to change my reservation from Pop Century to Yacht Club water view. I'm usually a value resort kind of guy but wanted to try something different this trip.

birthday-cake-cliparts-png-mickey-mouse.jpg

Happy Birthday Dee!!

Some of you probably are not aware, but our very own Dee received a very prestigious award from the members of her community who wished to thank her for all she has done to make the schools in her town such a wonderful place.

Quoted from a friend's Facebook post about the award:

"Last night Dee was honored with the Friend of Education award from the Annual Autumn Evening of Giving. Dee has done so much for the children of our schools, and even now that her own children have graduated and moved on to college she continues to serve on the Grad Night Board. This nomination was a true community effort as 34 folks answered the call to secure Dee’s nomination. Together, we raised 172% of the fundraising goal to endorse an award nomination. This alone speaks volumes to the impact that Dee has made on our families. Here are some pictures of Dee as she received her award from VP Joan Miller."

Dee 1.jpg

We are very fortunate on this thread to have a person as devoted as Dee continually helping us out with our Beach and Yacht Club resort vacations.

Thanks a million for all that you do for everyone Dee! We are blessed to have you in our lives.

~NM

Attachments

• Dee 2.jpg
    Dee 2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Well that is just disgusting. I would have said something to the parents (or, more accurately, I would have made my husband say something to the parents as I do not like confrontation)

Day 5 of our stay. I can’t share any photos of our view- still haven’t seen it in daytime. But it looks like we are across from Dueling Pianos. Due to our unforeseen circumstances (Pop broke his leg Monday morning as I was packing to come), we have spent daylight hours at the hospital keeping him company. I know we are local (& everyone says we can come anytime), but this was the week I was not supposed to have to drive. So, while we haven’t been to Food and Wine, we’ve had snacks and Whine!😄 On a brighter note, we got back in time last night to do a little trick or treating. When a CM asked how we were, we said it had been a horrible week. He responded it should be magical. We told our story and he gave us 3 more handfuls of candy. I wanted to hug him, but restrained myself and just thanked him several times. It was fun seeing all the little ones dressed up. Helped our moods immensely!

I would drop a note to the guest services email about the pool issue. Lifeguards being trained literally not to enforce safety rules is ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter