Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We leave tomorrow for the Beach Club! Hoping our flight makes it out before this nor easter hits us up here! Send Pixie Dust our Way pretty please!! Thanks for everyone's help in planning and answering my questions! Looking forward to a wonderful trip! I do not think I put myself on the be our guest list but we will be at the beach club 16th to the 30th!

We are currently debating between a standard room at Yacht Club or a deluxe studio at Beach Club Villas (regular Beach Club isn't available for our dates). Any advice or preferences?

We like the look of the renovated bathrooms at Yacht Club - but also love the feel of the Beach Club Villas. Really not sure which one to choose! It would be two of us (myself and BF).

:welcome:

I am away from home so can’t link the posts but if you go to Page 1,post 16 you will find some info comparing a stay at BCV to a resort BC/YC stay

:goodvibes

We are currently debating between a standard room at Yacht Club or a deluxe studio at Beach Club Villas (regular Beach Club isn't available for our dates). Any advice or preferences?

We like the look of the renovated bathrooms at Yacht Club - but also love the feel of the Beach Club Villas. Really not sure which one to choose! It would be two of us (myself and BF).
I have stayed in both and much preferred the YC. I liked the rooms and feel of the YC more, the BCV felt tucked behind and not as much a part of the resort, and the halls felt kind of dark and... IDK, I just didn’t like the feel of the building as much. However, it was fine and I would stay there again for the location and SAB alone, I would just choose the YC if they were both reasonable choices. Having only 2 people really would help IMO, the pull out was fine but not nearly as comfortable as the bed.

Just got back from an amazing trip and a fantastic stay at BCV!!! We have owned there since 2017, but this was our first time actually staying there! 😆 I have to say, compared to the resort room in which we previously stayed, the villa was SO quiet! I slept so good every night!

I’m short on time, but I wanted to post a cool picture I took of a “moonset” at 5:45am as we waited for the boat to DHS. We see gorgeous sunset pictures, but I thought it was a rare and unique sight to see a full moon “setting” over the Yacht Club! It almost looks like a B&W photo, but it’s all natural light.

A1923EBE-9EDD-4A50-A856-977B2997640E.jpeg

Do the lifeguards still do the 'changing of the guards' when they change shifts-all the lifeguards would line up and do a dance together. For example, one trip they all danced to Cupid Shuffle. Its's so much fun!!!

Do they still do a DJ party and music by the pool? I was just asking because the recreation schedules look different now.

Is it necessary to get to the International Gateway entrance earlier then rope drop to stay ahead of the crowd like many do at the main entrance? How busy is the entrance? I'll ask specifically about a busy day: crowd calendars say 9 or 10. And if we need to be there early, how early? Thanks ahead of time.

Is it necessary to get to the International Gateway entrance earlier then rope drop to stay ahead of the crowd like many do at the main entrance? How busy is the entrance? I'll ask specifically about a busy day: crowd calendars say 9 or 10. And if we need to be there early, how early? Thanks ahead of time.
There are a lot of variables that go into responding to your questions. I'll generalize our experiences and then try to address your specific scenario.
The IG entrance is small in comparison to the main entrance, but larger now with the recent expansion and opening of the skyway. The entrance will be busy regardless of crowd predictors. Security and tapstiles will typically open the same time as the main gate. You may go through the tapstiles early and be staged a few hundred feet in by the bridge between UK and France. The main gate guests are staged too in area around Spaceship Earth. Then the race begins!

So my specific question is, where are you trying to get at rope drop? If TT or Soarin you'll be at a slight disadvantage. If FEA then you will most likely merge with the masses coming from the main gate.
Regardless, I would plan on being at the IG security checkpoint about 30 minutes before opening. There will
be a crowd in front of you but more behind you when they start letting you in.

Do the lifeguards still do the 'changing of the guards' when they change shifts-all the lifeguards would line up and do a dance together. For example, one trip they all danced to Cupid Shuffle. Its's so much fun!!!

Do they still do a DJ party and music by the pool? I was just asking because the recreation schedules look different now.
I can let you know next Wednesday when we arrive at the BCVs! I'm sure someone else will chime in before that!

I can let you know next Wednesday when we arrive at the BCVs! I'm sure someone else will chime in before that!
Thanks for the info. Is there an AP line at that entrance that might help us gain a few spots in line? We do have APs.
We are trying to get to Soarin' first thing.

There are a lot of variables that go into responding to your questions. I'll generalize our experiences and then try to address your specific scenario.
The IG entrance is small in comparison to the main entrance, but larger now with the recent expansion and opening of the skyway. The entrance will be busy regardless of crowd predictors. Security and tapstiles will typically open the same time as the main gate. You may go through the tapstiles early and be staged a few hundred feet in by the bridge between UK and France. The main gate guests are staged too in area around Spaceship Earth. Then the race begins!

So my specific question is, where are you trying to get at rope drop? If TT or Soarin you'll be at a slight disadvantage. If FEA then you will most likely merge with the masses coming from the main gate.
Regardless, I would plan on being at the IG security checkpoint about 30 minutes before opening. There will
be a crowd in front of you but more behind you when they start letting you in.
Sorry I meant to respond to this post....
Thanks for the info. Is there an AP line at that entrance that might help us gain a few spots in line? We do have APs.

I think I mentioned that I gave my bags to BC Bell Services to hold on my check out day in August. When I went to retrieve them, I was given someone else’s bags.

I always take a photo of my suitcases before I leave my house, so I was able to show them what to look for. They did eventually bring out the right bags.
Good tip on taking a picture of the bags. I think I’ll do that next trip, just in case

Is there an AP line at that entrance that might help us gain a few spots in line? We do have APs.

There is a tapstile line for Passholders, but you first must go through Security, which has no special line. Very often the Passolder line is not any faster.

My experience at Soarin', first thing in the morning, is that the Standby wait is very minimal, at 5-10 minutes. That means walking as quickly as you can, though, darting around all of those who are walking at a very leisurely pace.

They usually start letting people in the park 5-10 minutes before official park opening.

Page 1557-1559

I booked my first BCV stay for this July in a studio As they were cheaper than a water view room at BC. I have stayed at YC and BWV before. Is there a good room request to make? Anything to avoid like a maintenance view room lol? Seeing fireworks from Epcot or HS would be nice, but is not a must. TIA.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I'm not very knowledgeable about the villas so I will leave your question to others, although from what I have read, the views at the BCVs are nothing to write home about.

You know Dee, when you are on the cruise ship, most of this room service menu is free (of course you paid for it with the price of the cruise but the way the room prices are going, it's almost cheaper in the long run to spend your vacation on the high seas instead of at the world).

Thanks for your comments about cruising. I enjoyed the cruise I took on the Fantasy a couple of years back, it was definitely amazing compared to some of the other lines I have been on.

:boat:

We are arriving October 28th thru Nov 6th at Yacht Club CL, WV moving from the Beach Club where work is being done on the 5th floor. This is about our 12th trip overall and we are still very excited heading to Disney this time of year.

I'll add you to the list!

Disney in the fall is spectacular and YC CL (especially Water View) is awesome.

:dogdance:

Just got back from a wonderful 1-night stay at YC to end our “Dorian redo” trip and happy to answer any questions (though Dee covered pretty much everything a few days prior!).

Also, Dee, if you are still tracking room configurations, we were in #4223 (water view), which had 2 queens and a day bed, no tub, just a shower. It was also a connecting room.

I am, so thanks for the info!

:thumbsup2

I have run the 1/2 marathon for 14 years running [see what I did there?]. Anyway, we are always out early spectating the full, usually go to EC around 9:00 but last year ventured to HS from the BCVs. Last year was the first year where they changed the Epcot Resorts area route from YC/BC to BW. So they come down the canal and exit by Jelly Rolls past the BW. They used to go over the SD bridge and then past the YC/BC.
Our experience last year: We were able to use the pathway coming from BC to HS. I was actually surprised but I even went out of my way to ask two CMs before we began the trek. This was early, around 8:30 so the course was not congested yet.

To answer your specific question. The boats to HS will not be running until 1:00 PM. This is primarily due to the access at HS and BW. There most likely will be bus service as a replacement for no friendship boat service so I would use that. Walking is still an option but that really depends on the "current" policy in place and the CMs staffing the access. My advice would be to check with the front desk the night before to sure up your plan!

You'll have a great time regardless and we'll be there for year 15!
ETA: I didn't actually run in 2017 as the 1/2 marathon was cancelled!

Thanks for this info. I didn't know that (even though I was at the Beach Club for the 2016 Marathon, when I was helping Teena pack up for her move to Vegas. I spent the morning at EPCOT. As I recall, I was directed to the path underneath the bridge as I was getting there in the morning. I went to HS in the afternoon. I had lunch that day at Spice Road, so it must have been after 1 pm, since the boats were running.

We leave tomorrow for the Beach Club! Hoping our flight makes it out before this nor easter hits us up here! Send Pixie Dust our Way pretty please!! Thanks for everyone's help in planning and answering my questions! Looking forward to a wonderful trip! I do not think I put myself on the be our guest list but we will be at the beach club 16th to the 30th!

Looks like your wish for pixie dust was granted. Storms not hitting here until later tonight!

Have a fabulous trip.

I'll put you in as a last minute addition to the BOG list

:woohoo:

Just got back from an amazing trip and a fantastic stay at BCV!!! We have owned there since 2017, but this was our first time actually staying there! 😆 I have to say, compared to the resort room in which we previously stayed, the villa was SO quiet! I slept so good every night!

I’m short on time, but I wanted to post a cool picture I took of a “moonset” at 5:45am as we waited for the boat to DHS. We see gorgeous sunset pictures, but I thought it was a rare and unique sight to see a full moon “setting” over the Yacht Club! It almost looks like a B&W photo, but it’s all natural light.

View attachment 444233

WOW! Awesome picture!

So glad to hear you had a great trip!

When is your trip?

You can add us to the list 😄 got a PIN & booked May 6-13 at YC, waahhhhoooooooo

Will do!!!!

:cool2:

When is your trip?

Page 1557-1559

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I'm not very knowledgeable about the villas so I will leave your question to others, although from what I have read, the views at the BCVs are nothing to write home about.

Thanks for your comments about cruising. I enjoyed the cruise I took on the Fantasy a couple of years back, it was definitely amazing compared to some of the other lines I have been on.

:boat:

I'll add you to the list!

Disney in the fall is spectacular and YC CL (especially Water View) is awesome.

:dogdance:

I am, so thanks for the info!

:thumbsup2

Thanks for this info. I didn't know that (even though I was at the Beach Club for the 2016 Marathon, when I was helping Teena pack up for her move to Vegas. I spent the morning at EPCOT. As I recall, I was directed to the path underneath the bridge as I was getting there in the morning. I went to HS in the afternoon. I had lunch that day at Spice Road, so it must have been after 1 pm, since the boats were running.

Looks like your wish for pixie dust was granted. Storms not hitting here until later tonight!

Have a fabulous trip.

I'll put you in as a last minute addition to the BOG list

:woohoo:

WOW! Awesome picture!

So glad to hear you had a great trip!

When is your trip?

Will do!!!!

:cool2:

When is your trip?

We go April 18-24 2020

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter