Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
I debated about whether I would write a report for my recent quickie trip, especially since I have enough trouble keeping up here, but if you take a trip and don't write about it, did it really happen? The answer of course, is yes, but...

I enjoy sharing the pictures and details of my experiences so would love to have some virtual companions on the journey.

You can find the tale (in process) here:

It's Complicated!

:woohoo:

Aerinha

DIS Veteran
I booked my first BCV stay for this July in a studio As they were cheaper than a water view room at BC. I have stayed at YC and BWV before. Is there a good room request to make? Anything to avoid like a maintenance view room lol? Seeing fireworks from Epcot or HS would be nice, but is not a must. TIA.

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
I booked my first BCV stay for this July in a studio As they were cheaper than a water view room at BC. I have stayed at YC and BWV before. Is there a good room request to make? Anything to avoid like a maintenance view room lol? Seeing fireworks from Epcot or HS would be nice, but is not a must. TIA.
What is a “ Maintenance View” room?
There are no special view rooms at the Villas. Certainly not like Water View rooms. The Villas were built behind the BC in the former CM parking lot.
We request near elevator.

• GwladysStreet

the most daring pilot in the resistance
    Hi, please add me to the guest list for September 2020! Booked in for a 7 day stay with 3 friends. I'm in Orlando for three weeks in May, staying off-site, but we found such a good deal for around my birthday in September with free dining that I couldn't help but book a second transatlantic trip in one year. It'll be our first time staying onsite for me and my regular travel buddy, and a first trip to WDW in general for our other two friends! We're all massive Star Wars fans so are planning on spending most of our time in Batuu!

Katesdad

DIS Veteran
    In-Room Dining Menu, October 2019 Room Service & Special Dining
    You know Dee, when you are on the cruise ship, most of this room service menu is free (of course you paid for it with the price of the cruise but the way the room prices are going, it's almost cheaper in the long run to spend your vacation on the high seas instead of at the world).

sweetyk83

Mouseketeer
    So I have a quick question about the cabanas! How long is the half day? From pool open to......?
    Additionally can I rent for a half day on the day of check out?

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    So I have a quick question about the cabanas! How long is the half day? From pool open to......?
    Additionally can I rent for a half day on the day of check out?
    I don't think I have specifically addressed whether you can book the cabana on your checkout day, because I don't know the answer, BUT I would be very surprised if you were told no. We have always been told that you are a guest of the resort until midnight on your checkout day, that you are welcome to use the pool and other amenities, so I would assume you are able to rent a cabana on your last day.

:fish:

3LittleLadies

Earning My Ears
    I have a Magical Express question. Our flight is supposed get into Orlando at 9:45pm the night we arrive. I think the cutoff for Magical Express picking up luggage is 10:00pm. Should we just plan to grab our own bags off the carousel or hope that DME gets it? Does anyone have experience with later flights like this? In the past we’ve flown in the early morning. Thanks!! ✈😊

• Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    I have a Magical Express question. Our flight is supposed get into Orlando at 9:45pm the night we arrive. I think the cutoff for Magical Express picking up luggage is 10:00pm. Should we just plan to grab our own bags off the carousel or hope that DME gets it? Does anyone have experience with later flights like this? In the past we’ve flown in the early morning. Thanks!! ✈😊
    There is a Transportation Forum here on the DIS where the experts reside, rather than here on theYC/BC Resort Forum.
    I would pick up my bags, but I am not an expert

LisaRay

DIS Veteran
    I would definatly pick up my bags. It will probably be a couple of hours before they get to you if you don't.

DurangoJim

Earning My Ears
    I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer on the links to the main page. Do the standart view club level rooms in the Beach Club have a daybed or only the two queen beds?

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer on the links to the main page. Do the standart view club level rooms in the Beach Club have a daybed or only the two queen beds?
    Some do, some don't.

We are not sure exactly how many in that category have them, but I believe it is more than in BC CL GV or WV.

Starting at the beginning of this year, I believe, groups of more than 4 are no longer able to book club level at either BC or YC.

ETA: Prior to the most recent BC room renovation, 12 of the 38 BC CL SV rooms had daybeds. Not sure if that number has changed after the refurbishment.

:magnify:

DurangoJim

Earning My Ears
    Some do, some don't.

We are not sure exactly how many in that category have them, but I believe it is more than in BC CL GV or WV.

Starting at the beginning of this year, I believe, groups of more than 4 are no longer able to book club level at either BC or YC.

ETA: Prior to the most recent BC room renovation, 12 of the 38 BC CL SV rooms had daybeds. Not sure if that number has changed after the refurbishment.

:magnify:
    Thank you.
    We have two teenage kids, a boy and a girl, and when we've stayed non club level in the past one usually sleeps on the bed and the other on the couch. They'd prefer to do that then sleep together.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS