Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I just returned from a three night stay. Mother/daughter trip and we just went to Epcot to enjoy Food and Wine. We were in room 3699. Two queen beds, no couch/pull out, and full balcony. I did not make any room requests for this stay, but if we stay here in the future I'll request something close to the lobby. From the room you could see the Swan/Dolphin and it overlooked the main pool. But you couldn't really see the pool, mostly you could just see roof. We didn't use the balcony at all - lovebugs EVERYWHERE! The room was pretty far from the lobby and was right next to a service room/elevator. The common wall was the wall with the TV and mirror and thankfully not the beds. Often when we were taking an afternoon break the whole wall with the TV would shake because staff was busy moving cleaning carts, etc. Not constant or loud, just startled us at first! We had a Keurig coffee maker which was nice. The coffee wasn't amazing, but 100% better than those old coffee makers. We had "full sized" bath products (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bar of soap, mouth wash, and lotion). Our room was serviced midday and we had turn down service each night (beds turned down, TV on to the resort channel, and chocolates). I don't remember having turn down service last year when we stayed at the BC. Two things I just don't like about BC are - lack of QS space and the lobby smell (to me it smells like burnt cookies). On our check out day we spent some time in the solarium which was nice and quiet (and cool) compared to the busy main lobby. We didn't get refillable mugs, but I noticed a lot of the Halloween mugs. Anther observation was character voices in the elevators announcing the floor level. Cracked us up! Overall we had a lovely time at BC.

39 days until our first stay at the Yacht Club! We are so excited to experience this resort, as well as the Skyliner. Even though we know it’s faster to walk or take the boat to HS, I think one day we will take it from the IG to CB and then hop on the line to HS just so we can enjoy the ride.

When I want to do this I just request any random room, and then change what is in the subject line and body text of the fax request form. TP will still think I am requesting a specific room, but it is not noted in the text anymore.

Thanks. Never used the reservation finder before. Just did as you suggest. Hoping for the best!

The admiral suite 😍
Really nice. I love when you get an upgrade. We did last year. We had garden view, they upgraded up to water view looking out towards the volleyball court and lake in Beach Club. We could have tried Club Level for extra but we were happy with what we got.

What's it like at the International Gateway entrance when the Sky liner is up and running? Did they add more turnstiles? Is there a separation from resort guests and the skyliner or does everyone meet in the middle by the ticket booths and the boats?

We love staying at the BC and walking over to Epcot not having a large crowd trying to get through the entrance.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Last edited:
What's it like at the International Gateway entrance when the Sky liner is up and running? Did they add more turnstiles? Is there a separation from resort guests and the skyliner or does everyone meet in the middle by the ticket booths and the boats?

We love staying at the BC and walking over to Epcot not having a large crowd trying to get through the entrance.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

It will be interesting for sure. There were three security lanes running when we were there. Two for bags and one without. I think they had three lanes for ticket scanning but only two were being used. I could be wrong on this. I would think with how fast that skylines runs it will be crowded at peak times.

YC lobby refurbishment

Obviously, they are sprucing up for my arrival

TWO 👏 WEEKS 👏 FROM 👏 TO👏DAY 👏!!!

:woohoo:

But seriously, is this work still going on- are there areas of the lobby still under tarps or curtains?

If so, I want to update Page 1, but I don't want to do this if the work is finished or nearly done.

🔨👏

Just walked in and the globe is back in the lobby and the screens are down! All seems back to normal here. We came last night to eat at Yachtsman and it was being worked on so looks like it finished overnight!

We are on day three of 14 nights staying at Beach Club and absolutely loving this resort! So happy! Staff have all been lovely, my one request was for a full balcony which was met. Not much of a view, but at least it’s private! We ate at Ale and Compass last night and my bf said it was one of the best meals he’s had onsite ever - definitely an improvement from Captains Grill!
It’s room 2534 - less than a two minute walk from main lobby and pretty much right above the secret door to Epcot. The last three years we have stayed in studios so I was worried this would feel small but I can’t notice any difference to be honest. Few photos in case Dee would like them for anywhere :-)

Sounds like an incredible room, even if the view is a bit lacking.

Thanks so much for providing the info and pictures!

Enjoy the rest of your stay.

:goodvibes

We returned last week from an amazing two week stay at Beach Club (7th to 21st September).

We were in room 4586. Great location, close to Epcot (we could sit on the balcony and listen to the band in the UK pavilion and had great views of Illuminations above the trees.) View itself was entirely woodland. Full balcony, two queen beds, no daybed. We had the usual toiletries with the exception of lotion. Housekeeping in our section came around mid morning - super convenient as we were using EEMH almost every day and came back late afternoon for a rest.

WIFI was TERRIBLE throughout our stay. Coming from the UK, we typically rely on WIFI and this is the first time we've been let down. Connection in our room would be down for hours, sometimes days at a time.

We spent 3-4 mornings at the pool, low crowds, lots of time spent in the lazy river and sipping Pina Colavas from Hurricane Hannah's. We never did figure out the secret to waiter service this time around, saw lots of servers around different areas but no one in the different areas where we were sitting. I really do feel the pool is the superstar on this resort and we had a great time relaxing here. We even had some of the characters join us at the poolside one day!

QS options were really limited but we knew that going in. DH in particular wasn't happy with the lack of choices compared to POR last year and we did talk a lot about whether the pool/proximity to Epcot would outweigh food options for us on our next stay.

Overall a fantastic trip in a beautiful resort that really felt like home for two weeks.

Page 1544

We are in the Beach Club Villas room 525. The view is great. We can see the Eiffel Tower from our room inside and if we go out on the balcony and turn right we can see the Boardwalk sign and maybe the Tower or Terror. The only downside to the room is it is right next to the elevator so we can hear the mechanics of the elevator. It isn’t bad just sounds like a faint noise. It is nice though to be that close when you are exhausted.

*snip* photos-

Thanks so much for the pictures and description of your room. I'll add this to the BCV Room View thread.

:goodvibes

Good morning!
We got here yesterday and got a huge heaping of pixie dust upgrading us from a regular room to club level! We’ve never stayed club level before. Here’s my biggest question- what is the protocol for tipping the lounge staff? They’ve been amazing and I just want to make sure we recognize them appropriately. Thank you!

That's fantastic! Enjoy!

I'll add my comments. It is not necessary to tip, but when I have known in advance that I was going to be staying club level, I have brought along local treats from the New England area for the staff to share- for example, maple sugar candy.

The best thing you can do is recognize any cast members who were especially helpful during your stay with a cast compliment (tweet while you are there, email/letter to guest services and BC/YC CM if you have returned from your trip)

::yes::

Sadly I can be removed from the list of coming Dec 8th to 11th. We had to switch over to the Coronado Towers. It was a savings that paid for the DAH and Christmas party and still $300 left over after paying for both of those. It was just too hard to pass on. I hope to one day stay at YC. At least last trip I did get one night at BC and it was excellent.

Thanks for letting us know. I'll make the change.

Enjoy your trip!

:cool2:

We will be staying at the YC Club Level in 2 weeks. Can anyone comment on the recent daily food menu offered at the Lounge please. Thanks !!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

See the pictures of the menus posted by GADisneyDad14. I haven't done a great job of keeping up on the CL post on this thread (Page 1, Post 12), so I will recommend that you check out the Disney Club Level specific forum on the Resorts subform (run by Tigrluvspooh)

:cool1:

I was there for a few nights around the end of August. Here were the daily menus posted outside the lounge each morning. Sorry it’s only 3 days!

*snip* Will add menu photos to Page 1, Post 12

:thumbsup2

How is early November for pool weather? I’m determined to get some SAB time in at all costs. Last year we went in late October and had a nice pool day at the Poly but is Veterans Day more iffy with the temps?

I just returned from a three night stay. Mother/daughter trip and we just went to Epcot to enjoy Food and Wine. We were in room 3699. Two queen beds, no couch/pull out, and full balcony. I did not make any room requests for this stay, but if we stay here in the future I'll request something close to the lobby. From the room you could see the Swan/Dolphin and it overlooked the main pool. But you couldn't really see the pool, mostly you could just see roof. We didn't use the balcony at all - lovebugs EVERYWHERE! The room was pretty far from the lobby and was right next to a service room/elevator. The common wall was the wall with the TV and mirror and thankfully not the beds. Often when we were taking an afternoon break the whole wall with the TV would shake because staff was busy moving cleaning carts, etc. Not constant or loud, just startled us at first! We had a Keurig coffee maker which was nice. The coffee wasn't amazing, but 100% better than those old coffee makers. We had "full sized" bath products (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bar of soap, mouth wash, and lotion). Our room was serviced midday and we had turn down service each night (beds turned down, TV on to the resort channel, and chocolates). I don't remember having turn down service last year when we stayed at the BC. Two things I just don't like about BC are - lack of QS space and the lobby smell (to me it smells like burnt cookies). On our check out day we spent some time in the solarium which was nice and quiet (and cool) compared to the busy main lobby. We didn't get refillable mugs, but I noticed a lot of the Halloween mugs. Anther observation was character voices in the elevators announcing the floor level. Cracked us up! Overall we had a lovely time at BC.
Thanks for the review. What do you mean by “full-sized toiletries”? We had the ones we could take when we were there in August.
The elevator voices cracked us up too. My daughter said Minnie sounded depressed. 😂 Goofy was a bit too enthusiastic early in the morning.

It looks like you booked a Standard view, so considering that, your room location was not bad.

Are you a frequent Disney guest or do you have a Disney Company connection? With your turn down service and chocolates, it appears that you may have been tagged as a VIP. Normally, they only are automatically provided to suites or Club Level rooms.

Anyone there now that could tell me if they have Beach Club magnets in the gift shop? (Not Yacht Club). They’ve been sold out for months now...

Is anyone awake and hearing the fireworks over at Epcot right now (midnight on Sunday)? It is so loud!!! Not sure what they could be for since the park closed at 9 pm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!