Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
A question about rooms with daybeds for those in the know. We highly prefer (need) a room with 2 queens plus a daybed and just learned that the rooms with daybeds (at BC) are not ones you can specifically guarantee.

I’ve done a ton of searching on this, and it seems like our best bet is to request only this when we make our room requests .... are there any other ways to *increase* our chances of snagging one of these rooms? For example, do certain views of rooms have more daybeds in them than others?

Also, what are the chances overall? I mean ... do most rooms have them? Half the rooms? I’m just curious overall, and my travel agent won’t answer this question, because she doesn’t want to be seen as promising anything, I guess, which is totally fair.

Oh - we’re a family of 4 - but my kids are terrible sleepers when they have to share a space. They kick all night, and we all end up miserable the next day, which none of us want on a vacation that we’re spending this much time and money planning.

Thanks!!
:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

:cool1:

We really don't know how many BC rooms have daybeds or where they are. I think that at least 50% have them, probably more, but that is based on nothing but intuition.

Yes, making the daybed your only request is important. You may also try adding a reason:

"Room with daybed please. Children of opposite gender/restless sleepers/etc"

When you check-in, ask the person at the front desk if your room has a daybed. If it does not, ask if there is one available or when one will be available if you are willing to switch rooms later in the trip.

You may also request a rollaway cot, which I understand are fairly comfortable, but take up some space in the room. You may or may not be charged a nightly fee for that.

Good luck!

😴

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
A question about rooms with daybeds for those in the know. We highly prefer (need) a room with 2 queens plus a daybed and just learned that the rooms with daybeds (at BC) are not ones you can specifically guarantee.

I’ve done a ton of searching on this, and it seems like our best bet is to request only this when we make our room requests .... are there any other ways to *increase* our chances of snagging one of these rooms? For example, do certain views of rooms have more daybeds in them than others?
In addition to the advice given by NateBenMa in a previous post:

Call in your room request. If you do online check-in, do not select any preferences. Reports on here are that selecting preferences at online check-in negates any requests that you called in, and the online check-in options will never be as specific as you want.

• Leeba

Mouseketeer
    @natebenma ... oh that’s the other thing... when is our trip? It’s the week just before Easter. Lol. So, yeah, *kind* of a busy week. Hahaha.

@Best Aunt - thanks, great tips too! Can I call in the request, even though I’ll book through a TA?

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran

Also, what are the chances overall? I mean ... do most rooms have them? Half the rooms? I’m just curious overall, and my travel agent won’t answer this question, because she doesn’t want to be seen as promising anything, I guess, which is totally fair.
    From years of staying at the BC it seems to me that rooms that are slightly smaller than the average resort rooms tend not to have daybeds. This would include rooms on the top floor of each wing that have the enclosed balcony. It would also include odd shaped rooms at the end of a hall or in a corner. We have had the highest percentage of getting a room with a daybed when we book a garden view/woods view room. The club level floor (5th floor) has the least amount of rooms with a daybed. But there are exceptions to all of these situations. So a room on a lower floor may possibly increase your chances of getting a daybed. We seem to get a daybed a lot, and there are just two of us and we never request one. So I would guess there would be much more than 50% of the rooms with a daybed. We get a daybed more often than we get a large balcony. ;)

• Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    @natebenma ... oh that’s the other thing... when is our trip? It’s the week just before Easter. Lol. So, yeah, *kind* of a busy week. Hahaha.

@Best Aunt - thanks, great tips too! Can I call in the request, even though I’ll book through a TA?
    My understanding is that the travel agent has to call in your room requests. But I have never used a travel agent to book a hotel room, so I don’t know for sure.

kylenne

Wakandan-American

I book through a TA and still utilize the Touring Plans room request service. I just make sure I don’t contradict whatever I asked my TA to tell them. Not sure about calling it in.

dznylvr68

Earning My Ears
    A little over 1 week before heading to WDW & BC :stitch: Oct 5-14

Has anyone else noticed that the Room Preferences seem to disappear?

I booked directly with Disney in Aug, made room preferences at that time and they appeared on MDE.

A few days later they disappeared and drop down boxes appeared on MDE, so I made my selections and the selections stuck on MDE until today.

I called Disney reservations and had them add the Room Preferences again.

Should I be concerned that they aren't sticking to the reservation?

Should I be contacting another dept?

We would REALLY like a large balcony, as that is where we spend our mornings waking up with the world.

• Ninja Mom

Attention People of Earth, I come in Peace...
    Because the Dasani is right side up I just assumed this was a refrigerator of the devil and that the regular Coke was defying gravity. Then I saw the fruit plate and my worlds collided.

I took a trip down at the end of April/first week in May and the love bugs were epic in the spring. I wonder if they are like cicadas and they have big years and off years.

~NM

dansdad

DIS Veteran
    A little over 1 week before heading to WDW & BC :stitch: Oct 5-14

Has anyone else noticed that the Room Preferences seem to disappear?

I booked directly with Disney in Aug, made room preferences at that time and they appeared on MDE.

A few days later they disappeared and drop down boxes appeared on MDE, so I made my selections and the selections stuck on MDE until today.

I called Disney reservations and had them add the Room Preferences again.

Should I be concerned that they aren't sticking to the reservation?

Should I be contacting another dept?

We would REALLY like a large balcony, as that is where we spend our mornings waking up with the world.

As long as you called and had your requests added to your reservation you're good. It is the best way to add room requests. Adding them online has always been a crap shoot as that section has never worked right. It's best to just skip the online choices, when they are even there, and call your requests in. If you want to really make sure, call the Main Reservations line and ask the phone CM to read back the requests on your reservation. Don't ask "hey is full balcony listed as a request?", have them read them to you so you know.

BabyFu18

DIS Veteran
    My family just booked today for 2020, with the military discount as well, this will be our first trip to the Yacht Club so we are excited to be staying somewhere new (we have stayed at the Beach Club before). We will be there July 20th-August 3rd 2020, would love to be added to the guest list.

GunnarDis1998

Earning My Ears
    Hello everyone! My trip to YC is November 26th, and I have a Garden/Woods view! Anyone take a trip recently that loved the view and would be it be close to anything?

marie8461

Mouseketeer
    I book through a TA and still utilize the Touring Plans room request service. I just make sure I don’t contradict whatever I asked my TA to tell them. Not sure about calling it in.
    Is there a way to use Touring Plans to make a general request. I just see the button to ask for a specific room and, since they only show one connecting room, none of them are exactly what I want. Thanks.

PolyRob

DIS Veteran
    Is there a way to use Touring Plans to make a general request. I just see the button to ask for a specific room and, since they only show one connecting room, none of them are exactly what I want. Thanks.
    When I want to do this I just request any random room, and then change what is in the subject line and body text of the fax request form. TP will still think I am requesting a specific room, but it is not noted in the text anymore.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS