Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

A little over 1 week before heading to WDW & BC :stitch: Oct 5-14

Has anyone else noticed that the Room Preferences seem to disappear?

I booked directly with Disney in Aug, made room preferences at that time and they appeared on MDE.

A few days later they disappeared and drop down boxes appeared on MDE, so I made my selections and the selections stuck on MDE until today.

I called Disney reservations and had them add the Room Preferences again.

Should I be concerned that they aren't sticking to the reservation?

Should I be contacting another dept?

We would REALLY like a large balcony, as that is where we spend our mornings waking up with the world.

Because the Dasani is right side up I just assumed this was a refrigerator of the devil and that the regular Coke was defying gravity. Then I saw the fruit plate and my worlds collided.

I took a trip down at the end of April/first week in May and the love bugs were epic in the spring. I wonder if they are like cicadas and they have big years and off years.

~NM

A little over 1 week before heading to WDW & BC :stitch: Oct 5-14

Has anyone else noticed that the Room Preferences seem to disappear?

I booked directly with Disney in Aug, made room preferences at that time and they appeared on MDE.

A few days later they disappeared and drop down boxes appeared on MDE, so I made my selections and the selections stuck on MDE until today.

I called Disney reservations and had them add the Room Preferences again.

Should I be concerned that they aren't sticking to the reservation?

Should I be contacting another dept?

We would REALLY like a large balcony, as that is where we spend our mornings waking up with the world.

As long as you called and had your requests added to your reservation you're good. It is the best way to add room requests. Adding them online has always been a crap shoot as that section has never worked right. It's best to just skip the online choices, when they are even there, and call your requests in. If you want to really make sure, call the Main Reservations line and ask the phone CM to read back the requests on your reservation. Don't ask "hey is full balcony listed as a request?", have them read them to you so you know.

My family just booked today for 2020, with the military discount as well, this will be our first trip to the Yacht Club so we are excited to be staying somewhere new (we have stayed at the Beach Club before). We will be there July 20th-August 3rd 2020, would love to be added to the guest list.

Hello everyone! My trip to YC is November 26th, and I have a Garden/Woods view! Anyone take a trip recently that loved the view and would be it be close to anything?

I book through a TA and still utilize the Touring Plans room request service. I just make sure I don’t contradict whatever I asked my TA to tell them. Not sure about calling it in.
Is there a way to use Touring Plans to make a general request. I just see the button to ask for a specific room and, since they only show one connecting room, none of them are exactly what I want. Thanks.

Is there a way to use Touring Plans to make a general request. I just see the button to ask for a specific room and, since they only show one connecting room, none of them are exactly what I want. Thanks.
When I want to do this I just request any random room, and then change what is in the subject line and body text of the fax request form. TP will still think I am requesting a specific room, but it is not noted in the text anymore.

They don’t actually request a specific room for you though. When you select the room you want it words the request by the features, eg “balcony”, “close to lobby” etc. They give multiple room numbers or a range as examples

I am wondering if it’s possible to put a tension rod with a blackout curtain in the doorway from entryway to bedroom area in the BCV Studios?

My little one will be sleeping in a crib or mattress in the entryway area and I want to be able to keep the area dark if we are watching TV etc.

If so, do you think a 36” rod will work?

I measured the same point on my lightsaber and the opening in our room was 40.75 inches. So a 36” rod probably won’t work. I would keep in mind that all the rooms can vary just because of tolerances in construction.

Disney resort bell services will no longer hold 3rd party deliveries for guests. That includes groceries, rental strollers, ECVs, etc.; dropping off or picking up from bell services will not be allowed, either.

Disney resort bell services will no longer hold 3rd party deliveries for guests. That includes groceries, rental strollers, ECVs, etc.; dropping off or picking up from bell services will not be allowed, either.

Practically speaking it means you’ll have to meet the delivery person at the resort, if you’re referring to the article on another site. The headline was a bit misleading and a bit scaremongering imo.

Admittedly it is kind of annoying because I like to put our Instacart order in when we land at MCO, but now that I think about it, we tend to arrive at the resort on DME at the same time as the delivery driver. I do that for bottled water and was planning on it again at BC in November.

Edit: according to Garden Grocer’s FB page the new policy is not affecting grocery delivery, just mobility devices and strollers.

Last edited:
We are home! We had a wonderful stay at wilderness lodge but this hotel is magical 😍 speaking of magical we arrived and were told we were upgraded to a suite ! The admiral suite .. we had a standard club level reservation - couldn’t help shedding many tears of gratitude ! Will post pics after our cruise because I can’t them to attach vertically and that drives me crazy !

They are still working on the lobby .. maybe touching up paint and they’ve moved the globe in front of the marketplace

Attachments

• 7DD8DE20-A1EF-46D1-A990-CDB068B8CC63.jpeg
    7DD8DE20-A1EF-46D1-A990-CDB068B8CC63.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 107A8485-78EB-4E2A-9C6F-E257CE8C8ABA.jpeg
    107A8485-78EB-4E2A-9C6F-E257CE8C8ABA.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 2CC43E44-9A4B-4BC9-90FA-9CAFD349E29C.jpeg
    2CC43E44-9A4B-4BC9-90FA-9CAFD349E29C.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 66
I can’t help but post these but will again when I can edit on a computer 😌😉pics do not even begin to show how gorgeous it is!

Attachments

• 1613DC1B-7CCF-4F65-81E5-73AD8078FB58.jpeg
    1613DC1B-7CCF-4F65-81E5-73AD8078FB58.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 77144F19-22BA-4746-AA9C-1D22078EC808.jpeg
    77144F19-22BA-4746-AA9C-1D22078EC808.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 87
  • E7A2CFAA-5DB8-46F2-A16B-C9926072C3AE.jpeg
    E7A2CFAA-5DB8-46F2-A16B-C9926072C3AE.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 80
  • F7AFF78F-2F9A-4352-9A71-1BF0731E51FF.jpeg
    F7AFF78F-2F9A-4352-9A71-1BF0731E51FF.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 79

This change only affects ECV, wheelchair and stroller deliveries. Groceries, Amazon, etc are not affected.

This change only affects ECV, wheelchair and stroller deliveries. Groceries, Amazon, etc are not affected.
Unreliable info came from a Disney blogger. 😦

Edit-they updated their post and included the message from Garden Grocer with clarification that only mobility services will be affected, as Disney has signed an agreement for an "exclusive" mobility vendor for Disney resorts.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts