Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

UmmGooD

DIS Veteran
We are in the Beach Club Villas room 525. The view is great. We can see the Eiffel Tower from our room inside and if we go out on the balcony and turn right we can see the Boardwalk sign and maybe the Tower or Terror. The only downside to the room is it is right next to the elevator so we can hear the mechanics of the elevator. It isn’t bad just sounds like a faint noise. It is nice though to be that close when you are exhausted.

5AEC0893-6E7C-433A-9EE1-751AB6EDCB9A.jpeg66A3740C-45E8-4CBF-845A-38FA467BB40D.jpeg

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
A CM friend had a preview of the Skyliner yesterday. Here are her comments:

I had my cast preview of the Disney Skyliner tonight. It was pretty neat! I thought I would share some info.

1. The normal cars hold 10 people, the ADA cars hold 6.

2. Caribbean Beach is the hub station that you switch lines in. From there there is a line to DHS, Art/Pop, and Riviera/Epcot.

3. They can move rather quickly and when they are there is a nice breeze in them so it isn’t too hot. When they move slower, it is not so breezy.
4. Travel Times:
DHS to CB ranged between 4:30 and 7:30.
CB to Art/Pop was between 4:30 to 5:30
CB to Riviera was between 2:16 to 3 min, Riviera to Epcot was between 8:50 to 10 min, with total time CB to Epcot being 11:30 to 13 min.
Those varied based off speed, slow downs, stops, etc. I timed each leg, and only did one round trip on each stop. The only station you can stay on and not debark as you ride thru is Riviera. The others you must get off and revised due to safety reasons.
They have in car narration, which is neat. If your car does not, let a CM know, so they can reset it. We had none in both CB/DHS legs sadly.
We did experience some wait times at CB to change lines, especially around 9 to board the DHS line. It was maybe a 5 minute wait.
I love the station at Epcot being at International Gateway. If I was staying at any of the resorts* on these lines I would take this instead of a bus hands down. It is closer after watching fireworks and everyone gets a seat, no standing allowed.

🚡

my comment:
* I don't think there is anyway to go directly from the International Gateway stop to Hollywood Studios

• ShayBells

Let's get dangerous.
    Just got back Sunday from an amazing stay at YC (I did BC last trip and I can’t decide which I like better.) We were in garden view room 2145. I was enjoying the trip so much I forgot to get a picture from the balcony 🤦🏻‍♀️ But it was awesome. I could see views of the water and people walking in and out of the lobby. It was so close I loved not having to walk far to the bus the boat or the pool or even ale and compass market to fill our cups. It really was perfect. I did touring plans request form and got the room I asked for. I also did online check in and hit close to lobby and called in and they verified the request from touring plans was in there. I know I just got lucky but it was awesome. Our magic bands wouldn’t work on the door randomly and we went down to the front desk a few times to fix them so they gave us multi use FPs. Three each. Yay! They still didn’t work but we gave up after that. It was always at least one persons worked and we were always together. Other than the construction in the lobby it was a great trip.

Oh and one tip. We did pick a pearl. Thought it would be a cute cheap souvenir. Sign said 15.99. I didn’t think by the time we got a cage and a chain it was over 80$ but you live you learn.

I hope everyone has an awesome time on their vacation!!

ShayBells

Let's get dangerous.
    Oh and we took a Minnie Van one time to get to HS early. Cast member said they had a cast member early preview of the skyliner and her friends went first and got stuck on it. She said she wouldn’t go on it after that. 😂 I told her I wasn’t planning to go on it from the beginning cause I’m afraid of heights and claustrophobic, so that’s why she told me lol.

MamaMaleficent2016

Mouseketeer
    Good morning!
    We got here yesterday and got a huge heaping of pixie dust upgrading us from a regular room to club level! We’ve never stayed club level before. Here’s my biggest question- what is the protocol for tipping the lounge staff? They’ve been amazing and I just want to make sure we recognize them appropriately. Thank you!

• Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    A CM friend had a preview of the Skyliner yesterday.
    We will be at the BC in 8 days and I can't wait to ride the Skyliner. It looks like it will be a very popular "ride" since it looks wonderful. :)
    Our magic bands wouldn’t work on the door randomly and we went down to the front desk a few times to fix them so they gave us multi use FPs. Three each. Yay! They still didn’t work but we gave up after that. It was always at least one persons worked and we were always together.
    Did you try to open your door using the MDE app on your phone? We often have trouble with doors at the BC, I think because we have stayed there so often the doors get confused. ;) Anyway, it would be nice if the app worked at times when the MB won't work.

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    When I had trouble using my Magic Band to open my door at BCV, an experienced person at the front desk told the inexperienced person helping me that she should give me a room key card. I had not thought to try using my phone.

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    Good morning!
    We got here yesterday and got a huge heaping of pixie dust upgrading us from a regular room to club level! We’ve never stayed club level before. Here’s my biggest question- what is the protocol for tipping the lounge staff? They’ve been amazing and I just want to make sure we recognize them appropriately. Thank you!
    Congrats on your upgrade! We have stayed CL at YC,BC, BWI, CR & GF RPC for about 20 years. We have never tipped the CMs ever. I have never seen anyone leave or give tips in all that time either. Those are not considered tipped positions. I have read nontipped positions are not allowed to accept tips & are supposed to refuse 3 times before they can accept or get in trouble. Some people say they leave a little treat like candy or something for the staff. I have read one or 2 very random posts from someone who insists they tip CL CMs all the time with no issues. But I have never seen any tipping happening in the lounge or at the desk. Send an email or leave a cast member compliment if you want to. That is the usual advise given around here.

Enjoy!

GADisneyDad14

TPAS Moderator
    Good morning!
    Enjoy!

Just wanted to echo what @focusondisney said above - my perspective closely matches hers when it comes to CL CM tipping (or lack thereof).

• blackpearl77

DIS Veteran
    Does anyone have a recent picture of the toiletry items sold at BC? I'm looking to see what brands they sell for contact solution and baby wipes! Just to see if they are the same brand we use at home in case we run out! (I know Disney used to sell Complete brand for contact solution but that has been discontinued) Thanks! (This might be an impossible question so I've been googling it but pictures are a couple years old)

rteetz

Rumors and News Moderator
    my comment:
    * I don't think there is anyway to go directly from the International Gateway stop to Hollywood Studios
    Correct there are three separate lines. So coming from Pop/AoA you have to transfer at CBR. Coming from IG you have to transfer at CBR to go to Pop/AoA or DHS.

Rich M

DIS Veteran
    Sadly I can be removed from the list of coming Dec 8th to 11th. We had to switch over to the Coronado Towers. It was a savings that paid for the DAH and Christmas party and still $300 left over after paying for both of those. It was just too hard to pass on. I hope to one day stay at YC. At least last trip I did get one night at BC and it was excellent.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Does anyone have a recent picture of the toiletry items sold at BC? I'm looking to see what brands they sell for contact solution and baby wipes! Just to see if they are the same brand we use at home in case we run out! (I know Disney used to sell Complete brand for contact solution but that has been discontinued) Thanks! (This might be an impossible question so I've been googling it but pictures are a couple years old)
    Ha! Someone asked about contact lens solution in July. A friend who was there at the time snapped this photo for us.

My man on the spot has come through!

This is the only one they have, $2.79

View attachment 421298
    Not sure about the baby wipes brand. Maybe someone there now can take a picture or let us know.

I have not stayed at the resort since 2016, but I will be back in a week. If I have the time, I will take some pictures of the selections at the BC Marketplace and the YC Market.

::yes::

blackpearl77

DIS Veteran
    Ha! Someone asked about contact lens solution in July. A friend who was there at the time snapped this photo for us.

Not sure about the baby wipes brand. Maybe someone there now can take a picture or let us know.

I have not stayed at the resort since 2016, but I will be back in a week. If I have the time, I will take some pictures of the selections at the BC Marketplace and the YC Market.

::yes::
    Thanks for your help!!!!

Kinek

Earning My Ears
    We will be staying at the YC Club Level in 2 weeks. Can anyone comment on the recent daily food menu offered at the Lounge please. Thanks !!

ShayBells

Let's get dangerous.
    We will be at the BC in 8 days and I can't wait to ride the Skyliner. It looks like it will be a very popular "ride" since it looks wonderful. :)

Did you try to open your door using the MDE app on your phone? We often have trouble with doors at the BC, I think because we have stayed there so often the doors get confused. ;) Anyway, it would be nice if the app worked at times when the MB won't work.

I did try using my phone that didn’t work at all at any time. The one lady did give me a key card as a back up but since someone’s always worked we never needed it. I was just happy for the extra FPs. 😂

UmmGooD

DIS Veteran

We had this exact issue. We could open the door with our phone but our magic bands wouldn’t work. We went to the front desk and they told us if we have too many magic bands in our account it confuses the system. It doesn’t matter if they are disabled or not. (We have 11 in our account). He then scanned the ones we were wearing and then they have been working fine.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM
    DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS