Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I've never used the pool locker room in my previous stays. Are the lockers big enough to hold a backpack or two? We arrive on Saturday and will want to enjoy the pool after Epcot in the morning. I'm not counting on our room being ready until after 3:00, so want to be prepared for pool time and storing our clothes, etc. I'll have a 16 yo boy with me, too. Are the women's and men's locker rooms comparable? Many thanks!

I just learned that the Ship Shape Health Spa and Gym are temporarily closed for renovation. Estimated reopen date is Aug 9. I believe they are replacing the floors and some exercise equipment (more cardio, less weights).

While the work is taking place, guests of the Yacht & Beach Club will be shuttled to the Boardwalk to use their facilities if desired.

🏋️‍♂️

I've never used the pool locker room in my previous stays. Are the lockers big enough to hold a backpack or two? We arrive on Saturday and will want to enjoy the pool after Epcot in the morning. I'm not counting on our room being ready until after 3:00, so want to be prepared for pool time and storing our clothes, etc. I'll have a 16 yo boy with me, too. Are the women's and men's locker rooms comparable? Many thanks!
The lockers are a decent size and there are multiple and free. I had my 17 year old son with me and he was able to use the locker/room shower fine.

The lockers are a decent size and there are multiple and free. I had my 17 year old son with me and he was able to use the locker/room shower fine.
Is there a lock on the locker that you reset? Or would we need to bring our own lock? Thanks!

I have a water view room booked, and I usually use touring plans to see what choices are available. When i go to the touring plans map they don't have a choice for water view that isn't CL, so i assumed that their Pool/Lake 2 Queen beds would be what I need. But when i choose that it doesn't show any rooms in that category?! Does anyone have experience with touring plans and this category?

Also, as an aside, is it true that if I pay the price for water view I might be looking at the quiet pool? I'm sorry, while that isn't a bad view it doesn't compare to a crescent lake view and the prices should not be the same. I would rather just pay less and have a standard view for this short trip, but it's all that is available with an AP discount so I want to get and enjoy what I pay for - which wouldn't be the quiet pool LOL.

Dee has these in the YC info post linked on the first post. Theses are the room categories currently in use at the YC. The quiet pools used to be water view, but are now classified as garden view. So that shouldn’t be an issue for you.

Dee has these in the YC info post linked on the first post. Theses are the room categories currently in use at the YC. The quiet pools used to be water view, but are now classified as garden view. So that shouldn’t be an issue for you.

View attachment 421668

View attachment 421669
Thanks, I hope those are right! It certainly makes sense to me. Not that the view matters too much for our trip, but if I have to pay for the best view I would at least like to have the best view IYKWIM!

I just learned that the Ship Shape Health Spa and Gym are temporarily closed for renovation. Estimated reopen date is Aug 9. I believe they are replacing the floors and some exercise equipment (more cardio, less weights).

While the work is taking place, guests of the Yacht & Beach Club will be shuttled to the Boardwalk to use their facilities if desired.

🏋️‍♂️
Thanks for the info, do you know the status of the Arcade since the Beaches and Cream renovation was pushed back

🏋️‍♂️
Just the fitness center, correct? My daughter has an appointment at the salon on 8/4, and they didn’t send us anything about being closed.

Just the fitness center, correct? My daughter has an appointment at the salon on 8/4, and they didn’t send us anything about being closed.

My friend says the spa, too. I don't know if they are making any accommodations elsewhere. She should probably call (the reservation line? or maybe the hotel number we have posted on Page 1.

407-934-8000 for Beach Club and 407-934-7000 for Yacht Club

::yes::

My friend says the spa, too. I don't know if they are making any accommodations elsewhere. She should probably call (the reservation line? or maybe the hotel number we have posted on Page 1.

Now I’m confused. We made the reservation only last week and we called the salon reservation line. Nothing was said.

🏋️‍♂️

This happened to us last year at the Poly. The gym shared with the GF closed for most of our trip! We are very early risers (because jobs) and use the time at Disney to work out together.

I am guessing we will need a Boardwalk key card to access the gym at 4:00am. Should I talk to the BC front desk or the BW front desk?

Thanks!

🏋️‍♂️

I just made our reservation for a pedicure at Ship Shape Salon for Aug 31 and the lovely cm Karen mentioned it being closed for new flooring earlier in the month of August but I'm afraid I didn't quite catch the dates since it didn't involve our stay. I echo the idea of calling 407-939-7727 to inquire. I hope it works out but even if it doesn't, hopefully you can find something at Boardwalk or other resort. If you are DVC, 40% discount until Aug 31!

I just made our reservation for a pedicure at Ship Shape Salon for Aug 31 and the lovely cm Karen mentioned it being closed for new flooring earlier in the month of August but I'm afraid I didn't quite catch the dates since it didn't involve our stay. I echo the idea of calling 407-939-7727 to inquire. I hope it works out but even if it doesn't, hopefully you can find something at Boardwalk or other resort. If you are DVC, 40% discount until Aug 31!
Where do you find the spa discounts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter