Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

MickeyT

DIS Veteran
. Congrats on 1,500 pages!

:disrocks:
Amen to that sentiment, ESPECIALLY the part about Teena.

~NM
Came on here to say thanks to all the great posters that have been here through the years. I don't post as much as I once did but still love my Y&BC family.

And Dee. Thank you. I hate to think how many hours you've poured into this project. I imagine you're just grateful that you have to copy everything over every, what was it, 385 pages?

Anyway. Love Y'all.
pb.jpg

• lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
    We are flying in but not checking bags, we each will have one carry-on...can we slap the yellow tags on those and give them to the Magical Express, so we can go straight to Epcot and not have to bring them inside hotel or take them to our room? It says to put them on your checked luggage and they will be brought to room later...is what I’m asking making sense? I’m confusing myself!

vicarrieous

DIS Veteran
    We are flying in but not checking bags, we each will have one carry-on...can we slap the yellow tags on those and give them to the Magical Express, so we can go straight to Epcot and not have to bring them inside hotel or take them to our room? It says to put them on your checked luggage and they will be brought to room later...is what I’m asking making sense? I’m confusing myself!
    The yellow tags are only for checked luggage. The yellow tagged luggage does not go on the magical express busses. It's all handled behind scenes at the airport. I would just take magical express, drop carry on's off at bell services and then walk to Epcot.

Were you thinking of taking a cab/uber/lyft to Epcot instead? I think if you do not use Magical Express you will be charged a parking fee now (someone correct me if this rule is not in effect)

lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
    The yellow tags are only for checked luggage. The yellow tagged luggage does not go on the magical express busses. It's all handled behind scenes at the airport. I would just take magical express, drop carry on's off at bell services and then walk to Epcot.

Were you thinking of taking a cab/uber/lyft to Epcot instead? I think if you do not use Magical Express you will be charged a parking fee now (someone correct me if this rule is not in effect)
    We are already booked on ME, just didn’t know if the bus drivers pulled luggage out from under and set it there for bell services to carry in, makes sense checked baggage goes on a completely separate transport- I’m just happy you understood what I was asking 😂
    We are doing online check in so our room may b ready when we arrive- we’ll just run to the room and drop bags off then race to Epcot to hit our fast passes. Our flight was changed by three hours which wrecked our fast passes. So far, nothing available for later, we keep checking..

• vicarrieous

DIS Veteran
    We are already booked on ME, just didn’t know if the bus drivers pulled luggage out from under and set it there for bell services to carry in, makes sense checked baggage goes on a completely separate transport- I’m just happy you understood what I was asking 😂
    We are doing online check in so our room may b ready when we arrive- we’ll just run to the room and drop bags off then race to Epcot to hit our fast passes. Our flight was changed by three hours which wrecked our fast passes. So far, nothing available for later, we keep checking..

:) If you are already taking ME, I think just stopping at Bell Services and checking it yourself would be the fastest. No more than an extra 5-10 minutes. BUMMER on the flight change and the fastpass squeeze! Best of luck!

HaveKidsWillTravel

What have I gotten myself into?
    Last year we only had carry ons. We took ME from the airport to the hotel. Once at the the hotel we "checked" our carry ons with bell services. They give you a receipt for your bags. Then we went straight to EPCOT. We came back to the hotel, our room was ready and we got our bags from bell servides. They will also bring your bags up to your room for you from bell service.

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    I don't think so. Lots of people do not use Magical Express. I don't think they are all charged for parking just because they did not use Magical Express. (But I'm DVC so the rules are different for me.)

Sandi

A proud Spartans fan.
    I don't think so. Lots of people do not use Magical Express. I don't think they are all charged for parking just because they did not use Magical Express. (But I'm DVC so the rules are different for me.)
    This is correct. The parking fee is for people parking their cars (owned, rental, whatever) while they are resort guests. They do not charge taxis or rideshare cars just for drop offs and pick ups. With the parking fee, if you'll only have your car for part of your stay, the hotel will charge only for the days you're parking the car, but you have to explain it when you check in and it wouldn't hurt to do it at check out, too. We rented a car from Alamo at the Swolphin (can never remember which one has the rental) for a couple of days to go over to the space center.

• PolyRob

DIS Veteran
    I think if you do not use Magical Express you will be charged a parking fee now (someone correct me if this rule is not in effect)
    Not saying this is the norm, but I was charged for parking when transferring on a split-stay. I did online check-in and took a Minnie Van from my first resort to my second resort. When I called billing to question it, the CM noted that I had no DME reservation for arrival (in a snippy tone) and I replied right back that I paid for a Minnie Van and had my Lyft receipt. The CM said I did not need to send it to her and waived the charges.

Even if you do arrive via DME I would check whether or not you were accidentally charged parking. Things happen and it is easier to handle it with the front desk before arriving home!

vicarrieous

DIS Veteran
    This is correct. The parking fee is for people parking their cars (owned, rental, whatever) while they are resort guests. They do not charge taxis or rideshare cars just for drop offs and pick ups. With the parking fee, if you'll only have your car for part of your stay, the hotel will charge only for the days you're parking the car, but you have to explain it when you check in and it wouldn't hurt to do it at check out, too. We rented a car from Alamo at the Swolphin (can never remember which one has the rental) for a couple of days to go over to the space center.
    I had heard recently that if you did not have a Magical Express reservation/check in for it, you would be charged parking. Sorry what I typed was semi-confusing. I know that if you use lyft/uber there is no parking charge, but I thought if you avoid coming in with Magical Express you may get hit with a parking fee.

Not saying this is the norm, but I was charged for parking when transferring on a split-stay. I did online check-in and took a Minnie Van from my first resort to my second resort. When I called billing to question it, the CM noted that I had no DME reservation for arrival (in a snippy tone) and I replied right back that I paid for a Minnie Van and had my Lyft receipt. The CM said I did not need to send it to her and waived the charges.

Even if you do arrive via DME I would check whether or not you were accidentally charged parking. Things happen and it is easier to handle it with the front desk before arriving home!
    Yes, this is what I have heard from others as well. Not having a magical express ressie/not using it could ding you automatically with parking fees. Now I am off to see if I bookmarked or have info on where I read/saw that or if I am just loco. :)

gillep

DIS Veteran
    I had heard recently that if you did not have a Magical Express reservation/check in for it, you would be charged parking. Sorry what I typed was semi-confusing. I know that if you use lyft/uber there is no parking charge, but I thought if you avoid coming in with Magical Express you may get hit with a parking fee.

Yes, this is what I have heard from others as well. Not having a magical express ressie/not using it could ding you automatically with parking fees. Now I am off to see if I bookmarked or have info on where I read/saw that or if I am just loco. :)
    There was a theead a few weeks ago about this. The bottom like was that it does happen but shouldn’t, and those incorrectly charged were able to have the charge(s) removed, best to check your folio before you leave just in case.

vicarrieous

DIS Veteran
    There was a theead a few weeks ago about this. The bottom like was that it does happen but shouldn’t, and those incorrectly charged were able to have the charge(s) removed, best to check your folio before you leave just in case.
    Thanks! I was just reading that now. So I was only semi crazy. Thanks for clarifying!

Mainemama

DIS Veteran
    Sitting by the pool sipping a pina colava! (Just transferred from CSR). We had no problem finding a lounge in the shade at noon. I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by Minnie and Goofy as we entered. I also found the poolside lockers for the first time in a number of trips. They are visible from the pool, but not so much from outside the pool. They are very helpful to stash our park bags as we wait for our room to be ready.

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    Sitting by the pool sipping a pina colava! (Just transferred from CSR). We had no problem finding a lounge in the shade at noon. I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by Minnie and Goofy as we entered. I also found the poolside lockers for the first time in a number of trips. They are visible from the pool, but not so much from outside the pool. They are very helpful to stash our park bags as we wait for our room to be ready.
    Caution - I have heard that if the pool area gets closed, you cannot access the poolside lockers. I don't know what the weather is like, and I don't know if they close the pool area if there are thunderstorms, but I just wanted to mention it.

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
    I have a water view room booked, and I usually use touring plans to see what choices are available. When i go to the touring plans map they don't have a choice for water view that isn't CL, so i assumed that their Pool/Lake 2 Queen beds would be what I need. But when i choose that it doesn't show any rooms in that category?! Does anyone have experience with touring plans and this category?

Also, as an aside, is it true that if I pay the price for water view I might be looking at the quiet pool? I'm sorry, while that isn't a bad view it doesn't compare to a crescent lake view and the prices should not be the same. I would rather just pay less and have a standard view for this short trip, but it's all that is available with an AP discount so I want to get and enjoy what I pay for - which wouldn't be the quiet pool LOL.

Founders Fan

Earning My Ears
    I have a water view room booked, and I usually use touring plans to see what choices are available. When i go to the touring plans map they don't have a choice for water view that isn't CL, so i assumed that their Pool/Lake 2 Queen beds would be what I need. But when i choose that it doesn't show any rooms in that category?! Does anyone have experience with touring plans and this category?

Also, as an aside, is it true that if I pay the price for water view I might be looking at the quiet pool? I'm sorry, while that isn't a bad view it doesn't compare to a crescent lake view and the prices should not be the same. I would rather just pay less and have a standard view for this short trip, but it's all that is available with an AP discount so I want to get and enjoy what I pay for - which wouldn't be the quiet pool LOL.
    When you choose that room type did you have any other options chosen? I just looked and was able to see rooms in that category, although you have to click on the resort before you see the options highlighted in red. Hopefully that helps!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS