Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thank you for the review! Really looking forward to trying this in September! Can I ask, was the fruit tray there or did you have to order it? When I booked I’m sure it said fruit was available if pre-booked.
We prebooked the cabana a few weeks in advance and they gave us the fruit tray when we got there. We didn't have to ask for it or anything. I believe it's included in the price of the cabana.

I have been meaning to go through a lot of these pages - got through I think about 50 - 100 of them shortly after we booked back in January, but then have gotten sidetracked. Sorry if this question has been covered:

I'm curious about the room layouts. I've seen a layout view for the 2 queen rooms that shows a table on the opposite wall. The videos on YouTube I've seen though show those all with a couch opposite the beds and no table in the room. The 1 King rooms seem to all have the table (from the videos). Has anyone seen rooms with 2 queens and a table?

I have always gotten a room with 2 queen beds, a pull-out sofa, and a desk with a separate pull-out table that slides under the desk. I think I've stayed at YC four times now and that has always been the set up (I did have a King room for one night before they moved us to a 2 queen room -- can't recall the desk/table set up for the King room there). I really like the desk/table since we often pull out the table to use separately so I can keep my work stuff on the desk.

We had a cabana on Sat. Our fruit tray came a little after we arrived and the desert plate around 3pm. We completely enjoyed having the space to retreat, it was a busy pool day so we would pop out to swim for a while and then go back to rest, have lunch, enjoy some ice cream from Beaches and Cream (husb and kid went to pick that up) and just generally relax. Naps were had, books were read and Disney cartoons were watched. Entirely pleasant way to spend a day.

View attachment 401819 View attachment 401821

Thanks for the pictures!

I was going to ask if anyone had some and they appeared before I could even post the question!

:thanks:

Got back late 5/17/19 from another wonderful stay at BCV--a few room photos. This room fit none of my requests, but I'm used to that happening at BCV. The only time I received a room that fit the requests was the first year and I didn't make any. :rotfl2: As you can see, we received room 259 which is very close to the center of the building and only a room away from the center elevator. It is a woods view with more of a road view. . .in other words, not much of a view.

Our complaints were minimal. This room was not clean--dusty and floors had crumbs and when I ran a white, damp towel over the wood floor it was black. Someone needs to introduce Mousekeeping to the mop in the closet and the vacuum too for that matter. For most of the vacation, our wake up calls were not received. The system was suffering from a failure of sorts that forced the CMs to dial each room individually. It was really a nonissue for us because we were up each day without the need for a wake up call.

I failed to shoot these photos on arrival day so don't mind the clutter--I took the pics as we were checking out.
Florida 2019 (86).JPG

Entry into the room--note this is a lock off and you will have neighbors--we did and they placed a pack and play right at the connecting door. Our final day we awoke to the sounds of a screaming child and another day a child was attempting to open the connecting door. Mainly we had quiet neighbors.
Florida 2019 (87).JPG Florida 2019 (88).JPG
Standard DVC bathroom. The hairdryer did not work and it was quickly replaced.
Florida 2019 (89).JPG Florida 2019 (90).JPG
Studio kitchen.
Florida 2019 (91).JPG
Bed/living space.
Florida 2019 (92).JPG Florida 2019 (93).JPG Florida 2019 (94).JPG
Our view of the "woods"--straight ahead view. More to follow--hit the limit. . .
Florida 2019 (95).JPG

Last of the Room 259 BCV view pictures. . .a bit blurry because we were in a hurry to get to EPCOT for our last day of fun.

View off the balcony looking right.
Florida 2019 (96).JPG
The view looking left.
Florida 2019 (96).JPG

The room view from the balcony side.
Florida 2019 (98).JPG

We had a great time save for Monday's lengthy rain and Tuesday's dreary off and on rain. . .but heck--it was warm and we were at Disney!

Attachments

• Florida 2019 (97).JPG
    Florida 2019 (97).JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 8
is the walk from the villas to the pool much longer than from the resort? thinking about witch room we should request

is the walk from the villas to the pool much longer than from the resort? thinking about witch room we should request

To Stormalong Bay (main pool) yes. It is longer. You have to walk through the main resort.
There is a quiet pool located at the villas.
Here's a link to the Bing map that Dee has on the front page. The villas are the building shaped like a 'U' toward the big parking lot.
https://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=n...ty=b&ss=ypid.YN184x401291151~pg.1&form=LMLTCC

We will be staying at the Beach Club in a standard room for a week in November and am wondering what the best way is to make the best use of the 1456 pages of this thread? It is a bit intimidating! I started to read the first few pages, but then jumped to the end! One of the questions I have is about room requests. I see that many people suggest asking for a full balcony. I think location might be even more important to me. I stayed at the Beach Club (quite a few years ago) and remember walking down what seemed like endless hallways to get anywhere. What would be the best way to frame a request so that we have a shorter walk to things? Was thinking of asking for a room near an elevator, but am concerned that that might be noisy. Thanks.

I always want and request a balcony. But this trip changed my mind. I usually stay at the Poly (and we did in August after the BC) and I think I requested balcony (or lanai) for both. We stayed standard or is it garden...whatever is cheapest. I really could care less about the view (loved my monorail view at the Poly though). But I always wanted a balcony to go out and sit.

We had a Juliette at the BC that over looked the front entrance. Was I disappointed at first...um..yes! But we never had a need to go out there. Non park time was spent in the pool! At the Poly we went out once only because my son and I went swimming but it poured so we had to get out and we were dripping wet and sat outside on the lanai in the rain to dry off.

With kids, small kids who nap, a balcony would be choice #1. Older kids who don’t nap, I don’t care. At the BC I would request close to elevator because we were. We were close to the ice machine too which was an added bonus! I loved, well my kids loved to be able to quickly get to the marketplace to refill those drinks. I know when we go in 4 years my BC request will be close to elevator and my Poly request will be Rarotonga (I would deal with the 2nd floor no balcony as long as we were in that building).

I am still torn on whether to stay at YC (our "home resort") or Poly for our anniversary. I just love the clean lines and bright cheeriness of the building and rooms at YC and of course SAB. The rooms at Poly seem so dark. However, the relax tropical feel of Poly is enticing. I just feel that the Poly lobby (not that we'd be in it much) would seem crowded all the time. Also, since we are going in August, I like the idea of not having to go outside to get to the lobby at YC. I'm wondering if we should just stay at YC and rent a patio at Poly and do Luau one night. That way, we get the best of both worlds. Comments and suggestions??

Do a split stay. We did last August. I had not stayed at the BC since it opened and my dh would not budge from the Poly, he loves the convenience. So I did 5 nights at each. I am a Poly girl at heart but my dh now likes the BC better. But we will see till do a split and spend more time at the BC.

Are there exits on the SE side of Beach Club near the IG? Or do people staying on this side have to walk all the way to the lobby to leave the building? The room I was looking at ended up on that end (according to touring plans) and if I were to book, I would want to make sure I could actually get out there.

The super secret exit/entrance is the best! We stayed near the lobby elevator so I made sure we walked the inside hallways to get out to know where we had to go back in (does that make sense?). We Just took the elevator farther down the hallways. It was so nice to be on the carpeted cushioned floor that felt like walking on pillows post park or being in the a/c after sweating.

Does anyone know if the rapid refill in the BC marketplace is the new machine that is computerized. I know they have one in Yacht Club but I like the idea of being able to get seltzer and powerade rather than soda all of the time :)

What are the sizes of the beds in a studio villa at BC? I see that it says queen online but I had a friend recently stay at AKL and their studio only had a double bed. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the rapid refill in the BC marketplace is the new machine that is computerized. I know they have one in Yacht Club but I like the idea of being able to get seltzer and powerade rather than soda all of the time :)
There are 2 Coca-Cola Freestyle [touch screen] machines in the BC Marketplace.

Cabana review! We had our cabana booked for the afternoon session (3-7pm) on Saturday May 11th. We had 6 people which is the max and I was worried we wouldn't have enough space for everyone to relax. There is a couch, 2 cushy chairs, and 2 nice lounge chairs. The CM also brought us another regular lounge chair from the pool area. The fruit tray was nice but went fast. Fridge was fully stocked and I liked having a CM who came to take our drink & food orders. I will say she was the only one taking care of all the cabanas so the length of time it took to get our orders varied throughout the afternoon. My dad decided we'd have cabana #4, which is set back from the pool area. One thing I didn't love about that particular cabana was that by late in the afternoon we were in the shade. Maybe good, maybe bad, depending on how warm it is & if you wanted to lay out. Also the CM brought me a cupcake because I was celebrating my birthday! View attachment 401284 View attachment 401285
We have a cabana reserved for my 50th birthday in August. Were you able to request cabana 4? I would love to be further back from the pool but not sure how to ask for it.

We have a cabana reserved for my 50th birthday in August. Were you able to request cabana 4? I would love to be further back from the pool but not sure how to ask for it.
My parents beat me there & checked in, but I believe my dad picked the cabana. It probably depends on how many people have full day cabanas booked & who is already there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts