Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

You .
Staying Beach Club Villas June 18 and Beach Club Resort ( Garden View) June 19-22. Is it possible to check in for both and use the magic band if i check in online? or will it work at the Villas till 11 am and at the Resort from 3pm? ( For charging to the room .. )
All of the Magic Bands that are listed in your MDE account will work for all of your resort rooms. They never stop working unless you manually deactivate them. You will be able to use the MB for charges during your entire stay. Once you check into the BC room the charges will be automatically applied to that room.

As far as check in goes - whether you do online check in or not, you can still go to the front desk to check in. You can check on your two reservations and then you should get a text when your BC room is ready.
:)

Last edited:
I know this has been discussed numerous times, but here it goes again. We check in on 6/5. Should I make room request by calling resort 5 days before arrival or through TP?

Cabana review! We had our cabana booked for the afternoon session (3-7pm) on Saturday May 11th. We had 6 people which is the max and I was worried we wouldn't have enough space for everyone to relax. There is a couch, 2 cushy chairs, and 2 nice lounge chairs. The CM also brought us another regular lounge chair from the pool area. The fruit tray was nice but went fast. Fridge was fully stocked and I liked having a CM who came to take our drink & food orders. I will say she was the only one taking care of all the cabanas so the length of time it took to get our orders varied throughout the afternoon. My dad decided we'd have cabana #4, which is set back from the pool area. One thing I didn't love about that particular cabana was that by late in the afternoon we were in the shade. Maybe good, maybe bad, depending on how warm it is & if you wanted to lay out. Also the CM brought me a cupcake because I was celebrating my birthday! 59986747_10218338546831254_2256519089390354432_n.jpg 60098184_10218338547111261_2042645167046918144_n.jpg

Cabana review! We had our cabana booked for the afternoon session (3-7pm) on Saturday May 11th. We had 6 people which is the max and I was worried we wouldn't have enough space for everyone to relax. There is a couch, 2 cushy chairs, and 2 nice lounge chairs. The CM also brought us another regular lounge chair from the pool area. The fruit tray was nice but went fast. Fridge was fully stocked and I liked having a CM who came to take our drink & food orders. I will say she was the only one taking care of all the cabanas so the length of time it took to get our orders varied throughout the afternoon. My dad decided we'd have cabana #4, which is set back from the pool area. One thing I didn't love about that particular cabana was that by late in the afternoon we were in the shade. Maybe good, maybe bad, depending on how warm it is & if you wanted to lay out. Also the CM brought me a cupcake because I was celebrating my birthday! View attachment 401284 View attachment 401285

Do you know what the numbers of the cabanas closer to the pool are?

Cabana review! We had our cabana booked for the afternoon session (3-7pm) on Saturday May 11th. We had 6 people which is the max and I was worried we wouldn't have enough space for everyone to relax. There is a couch, 2 cushy chairs, and 2 nice lounge chairs. The CM also brought us another regular lounge chair from the pool area. The fruit tray was nice but went fast. Fridge was fully stocked and I liked having a CM who came to take our drink & food orders. I will say she was the only one taking care of all the cabanas so the length of time it took to get our orders varied throughout the afternoon. My dad decided we'd have cabana #4, which is set back from the pool area. One thing I didn't love about that particular cabana was that by late in the afternoon we were in the shade. Maybe good, maybe bad, depending on how warm it is & if you wanted to lay out. Also the CM brought me a cupcake because I was celebrating my birthday! View attachment 401284 View attachment 401285

Same experience that we had last Friday on my birthday! We loved cabana 4. Neither myself nor my husband sit in the sun anymore (I did enough skin damage when I was young:). Therefore the shade later in the day was perfect. We certainly needed the ceiling fan! Re:cabana drink service.....she was really busy so I ended up going up to the bar myself, no big deal. We chowed the fruit tray quickly as well. We had stopped at the store at the boardwalk prior and purchased some snacks so we were good to go for the afternoon.

Hi Dee (@natebenma)-
My undefined August trip date had been finalized to July 27-31. It will be my 24 yo DD and me staying YC CL.
Now for the detailed planning. Thanks!

Loving all the photos and reports.

Trip in 2 weeks. Do u recommend I call and provide room request or go through TP?

Also, MDE account changed from US to UK. Anyone know how to get it switched back?

TIA:)

Trip in 2 weeks. Do u recommend I call and provide room request or go through TP?

Also, MDE account changed from US to UK. Anyone know how to get it switched back?

TIA:)
I would do both as far as requests.

Upper right corner has a drop down menu, choose United States. Mine occasionally changes me to Canada, no idea why.

We head out today:) A long drive from Ohio. I am sure it will be worth it. Planned a last minute trip last week for Beach Club Villas for all my family and my daughters' bf (his first trip). 3 Nights on DVC points and 2 with cash in a 2 Bedroom DVC. Crossing my fingers they will let us stay in the same room for the entire trip. Also hoping that I fall in love so I can break the "I need to stay at the Grand" obsession, lol.

Thank you for the review! Really looking forward to trying this in September! Can I ask, was the fruit tray there or did you have to order it? When I booked I’m sure it said fruit was available if pre-booked.

This will be our first CL stay we’ve stayed at the BC once before and are booked over Thanksgiving.
We only upgraded to CL maybe 1 1/2 weeks ago. We received a call from DSS right after we upgraded then yesterday I received a second call from the BC. Just verifying our arrival time and if we had any requests. Very pleased and we haven’t even arrived lol
We arrive Wednesday morning can’t wait :cloud9:

Last edited:
Thank you for the review! Really looking forward to trying this in September! Can I ask, was the fruit tray there or did you have to order it? When I booked I’m sure it said fruit was available if pre-booked.

Our fruit tray was already in the fridge when we arrived at 10:00am for check in at our cabana. Later in the day, the attendant CM asked us when we wanted our dessert tray which came as part of the full day booking. We selected a time and she delivered it then.

I have been meaning to go through a lot of these pages - got through I think about 50 - 100 of them shortly after we booked back in January, but then have gotten sidetracked. Sorry if this question has been covered:

I'm curious about the room layouts. I've seen a layout view for the 2 queen rooms that shows a table on the opposite wall. The videos on YouTube I've seen though show those all with a couch opposite the beds and no table in the room. The 1 King rooms seem to all have the table (from the videos). Has anyone seen rooms with 2 queens and a table?

I have been meaning to go through a lot of these pages - got through I think about 50 - 100 of them shortly after we booked back in January, but then have gotten sidetracked. Sorry if this question has been covered:

I'm curious about the room layouts. I've seen a layout view for the 2 queen rooms that shows a table on the opposite wall. The videos on YouTube I've seen though show those all with a couch opposite the beds and no table in the room. The 1 King rooms seem to all have the table (from the videos). Has anyone seen rooms with 2 queens and a table?

I found a picture of a room with two queens and a table in the Beach Club room views thread:

What you are calling a table is set up like a desk. https://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-room-views.3057904/page-8

98bc1f2c-c7d6-4334-918b-48cf6675bba1-jpeg.371190

And here are some pictures with the more typical layout of two queens and a daybed.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-room-views.3057904/page-7#post-58768063

daybed-and-window-jpg.299966

beds-jpg.299968

Our fruit tray was already in the fridge when we arrived at 10:00am for check in at our cabana. Later in the day, the attendant CM asked us when we wanted our dessert tray which came as part of the full day booking. We selected a time and she delivered it then.
I didn’t read about the dessert tray . What did it include. We have a full day booked in early June. Thanks

I didn’t read about the dessert tray . What did it include. We have a full day booked in early June. Thanks

We weren’t expecting it either. There were 8 small pastries and sweets: 2 mini cupcakes, 2 mini chocolate mousse cups with gummies, a mini apple tart, 2 macarons, and chocolate cake thing.

We had a cabana on Sat. Our fruit tray came a little after we arrived and the desert plate around 3pm. We completely enjoyed having the space to retreat, it was a busy pool day so we would pop out to swim for a while and then go back to rest, have lunch, enjoy some ice cream from Beaches and Cream (husb and kid went to pick that up) and just generally relax. Naps were had, books were read and Disney cartoons were watched. Entirely pleasant way to spend a day.

signal-attachment-2019-05-20-093830.jpeg signal-attachment-2019-05-20-093759.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter