Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Mr. Spuds and I will be staying at YC for the first time this year (Sept 7-13) I'm super excited!!!! pixiedust:
This thread has been FANTASTIC! It has answered all of my questions....and some I didn't know I had. LOL Thank you to everyone who contributes! Hopefully I'll be able to add some knowledge once we return.

Does anyone know the hours of the boats to the parks? Also if there is a ticketed nighttime event at HS, will the boats still run?

Has anyone seen the new cabanas at Stormalong Bay? Are the tables with the umbrellas still around the pool?

Has anyone seen the new cabanas at Stormalong Bay? Are the tables with the umbrellas still around the pool?
I was there last week and there are only 4 cabanas, located adjacent to the YC path. There's a new entrance to the cabanas off the path that goes around crescent lake. It's about 100 feet past HH if you're walking from BC to YC on the path. The tables with umbrellas still exit.

Last edited:

Woo hoo! Randomly checked this morning and CL rooms opened up under the passholder discount for this weekend, so we upgraded our April 19-22 stay at YC to club level from standard view. A little more expensive than I'd planned, but cancelled a bunch of dining reservations so it'll even out a bit. When I texted him about the availability, DH responded "go ahead, you know you want to, so why are you even asking?" I gotta love that man's support of my Disney habit. :-)

And @dsnyfan608 on the topic of the boats from HS running after park close...even once the boats stop, they'll put you on a bus. We had an ADR at Sci-Fi right at park close one time, and spent so long eating then wandering slowly through the empty park to the exit, when we exited a CM asked us which hotel then walked us over to a waiting bus. We were the only ones on it on the way back to BC.

Disney veteran but new to BC. I have a reservation in December for a Delux room for a party of 5 adults (and it isn't cheap!). I've always wanted to stay at an EPCOT resort and picked this room because of the queen size pullout couch (a daybed is too short for my crew). Are these rooms worth the $ if we don't get the CL amenities?

Disney veteran but new to BC. I have a reservation in December for a Delux room for a party of 5 adults (and it isn't cheap!). I've always wanted to stay at an EPCOT resort and picked this room because of the queen size pullout couch (a daybed is too short for my crew). Are these rooms worth the $ if we don't get the CL amenities?
Have you considered Deluxe at the BWI? They still include Club access for Deluxe.

If those rooms only include a daybed, that will not work for us. Thank you for the suggestion! I'll check it out.
Queen-size sleeper sofa in BWI Deluxe

room-ie-g08.jpg

I see some rooms have sink/toilet and shower all n one and some separated by door. We will have teens w/ us. I can see this being a problem getting ready n am. Can anyone recommend GV room where sink/dressing area is split?

I know there was a lot of DME discussion. I had a weird experience last week. My bus only stopped at BC and CBR... but BC was first. This was the first time I have ever had this happen. IDK if there was something blocking the normal route, but I've always stopped at CBR before BC/YC. It was the quickest DME experience of my life!

It's always logistics. They always drop everyone off first before picking up the return travelers. So perhaps there were no pickups at Y&B that time. In that case, it'd be quicker to drop off there first, then drop off and pick up in one shot at CBR.

I see some rooms have sink/toilet and shower all n one and some separated by door. We will have teens w/ us. I can see this being a problem getting ready n am. Can anyone recommend GV room where sink/dressing area is split?

There are a few rooms that have the sink, toilet and shower in one room, but there aren't very many of those. We had one of those rooms once, but it was a king bed room and they wouldn't give it to a family of four.

I would guess that 99% of the rooms have the normal toilet and tub/shower in one room and a double sink outside of it, like this room:

DSCF8960.jpg

We’ll be checking in on Saturday YC CL!!

We check in Friday! Boy, that lounge is going to be full of DISers this weekend.

Watch for the hyper lady in a Stitch t-shirt, being followed around by a very patient and bored-looking hubby trying to stream hockey on his phone and getting frustrated with the Disney wifi. (Unless it’s first thing in the morning, then look for a zombie by the coffee machine.)

We’ll be checking in on Saturday YC CL!!

We check in Friday! Boy, that lounge is going to be full of DISers this weekend.

Watch for the hyper lady in a Stitch t-shirt, being followed around by a very patient and bored-looking hubby trying to stream hockey on his phone and getting frustrated with the Disney wifi. (Unless it’s first thing in the morning, then look for a zombie by the coffee machine.)

Wishing you all magical trips!

Have any of you received a schedule of resort Easter activities? If not, is someone willing to email DSS to see if they can provide you with planned activities before your arrival?

:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts